Fr, 19.April.24, 10:31 PM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Equinox  
Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » OT » Just a question (This must seem out of character for me.)
Just a question
RazDate: Tu, 03.June.14, 6:32 AM | Message # 1
Commander
Group: Administrators
I've been thinking a bit to much, it's starting to grate on me but I have a question for those of you who will give me the time.

What do all of you think about trying to the best at stuff, or better than others at least?

Persona Non Grata

EquinoxDate: Tu, 03.June.14, 10:47 AM | Message # 2
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
You should always strive to be better, or you'll never improve.

Basically, I think that you should always want to be the best at what you do. Not to the extent of putting your entire life into it or anything, but when you're working on something, you should want to be the best at whatever you're doing, otherwise you wont improve or learn anything from what you're doing.

Did I answer that question correctly, or did I interpret that wrong?

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

AnchorageDate: Tu, 03.June.14, 5:34 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Group: Users
it's good to always be good at something but being best or better is just a very narcissistic way to handle things, you shouldn't be putting your wants of success in something as an attack on another person or something. eventually you may get too deep and be doing this thing that you don't even have drive for. evaluate what you're getting into and if you wanna work at it and if you're sure than go ahead. just don't make the mistake of going in and falling into nihilistic tendencies when you're already in the middle of it all

let's camp in the forest with harmonicas and nature's harmonies

RazDate: We, 04.June.14, 9:22 AM | Message # 4
Commander
This ain't about me, just curiosity, I know I'm good at fuck all, I'm only good at talking.

Persona Non Grata

Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » OT » Just a question (This must seem out of character for me.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: