Th, 18.April.24, 9:53 AM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
Forum moderator: Equinox  
Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » Collabs » Dillon0909 Crazy idea of the week. (To stop myself for having 50 threads)
Dillon0909 Crazy idea of the week.
NarutardDate: Mo, 26.January.15, 3:12 PM | Message # 126
The Reaper of Threads
Group: Co-Dictators
Well, best described as school work has busied me so much I forgot for a little while

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

EquinoxDate: Mo, 26.January.15, 5:07 PM | Message # 127
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Group: Administrators
Well, just say the word whenever you think you're ready to start something up again. I think a couple of the others are still watching the site here and there.

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 27.January.15, 0:40 AM | Message # 128
Commander
It's all right Lauren, I'm very patient XD

I love Spooky Crap :D

Dillon0909Date: Mo, 16.February.15, 3:17 AM | Message # 129
Commander
So...anyone got any ideas on what we can do?

EquinoxDate: Mo, 16.February.15, 3:23 PM | Message # 130
Try not to die during the cold weather

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 17.February.15, 2:48 PM | Message # 131
Commander
kk

Dillon0909Date: Th, 06.August.15, 11:30 PM | Message # 132
Commander
(Haven't done one of these in a while) 

Okay so the idea I had was called the Star Children

It's a Sci Fi thread about these teens-young adults who have extraordinary powers granted to them by an Alien Race known as the Krogan, and now they are trying to survive in the universe. 

Anyone got any ideas how to expand on this...because so far I got a generic Good vs Evil plot with

United Alliance of Planets (Good Guys) vs Krogan Empire (Bad Guys) and I realize that maybe with this I shouldn't be so black and white.

EquinoxDate: Fr, 07.August.15, 0:44 AM | Message # 133
Well for starters, let's establish why there's an age range here. Perhaps if we remove the age range, we can just say these people have come in friendly contact with the Krogans, whom we cannot converse with because no universal translator is without someone programming the translation in. A touch from the Krogans without any hostile intent between the two gave them the power to speak to the Krogans and more. Of course, the UAP sees them as a galactic level threat, and most of the Krogans (minus the ones our characters come in contact with) are in fact aggressive towards the UAP. this could be because of a prophecy that (mistranslated or not, your call) promised them ownership of this planet. The ones our characters come in contact with could have been people that want to prevent/stop the war. In essence, the whole war is defender vs aggressor for both sides. The Krogans want to colonize the planet, but the UAP doesn't want them to. The Krogans decide to take it by force however, making them both in the wrong. Once again, no universal translator because no contact with the Krogans before.

But if you want an age range, you're gonna have to figure out why these Krogans gave young adults and teens power. Perhaps it was based on trust, and the older humans get, the more they seem to be aggressive towards everything in Krogan eyes.

Dillon0909Date: Fr, 07.August.15, 11:38 AM | Message # 134
Commander
I was thinking the age range is there because the Krogan's believe this is the perfect age for such experiments. 

(In reality this was me planning ahead because almost everyone is gonna be a teen to young adult) 

Actually, your idea for the Krogan Empire and the UAP is pretty damn good...but...I was thinking more of the lines of this. 

The UAP thinks that the Krogan's are egomaniac conquerors and the Krogan's think that the UAP are running a corrupt system of government that has major flaws (Which it does) 

In fact maybe I should explain what the Krogans and the UAP are.  

The Krogan Empire is a race of humanoid aliens with green reptilian eyes and very high intelligence. The average Krogan's intelligence is four times that of a normal humans. However, their pride is enormous and while they have a great mind, their strategies are pretty basic and straight forward. 

The UAP, is...well...a United Alliance of Planets. It's a group of planets, a rather large group of planets, who have united together for the good of the galaxy they live in. They treat it like a democracy with the head of the UAP being a president, having congress and senators ect ect However it comes with all the flaws of a democracy, corruption in politics and all that fine stuff. 

Since i'm on a roll let me explain what I want the Star Children to be. 

The Star Children are various teens and young adults who have had an experiment done to them either by a Shady part of the UAP or (More Likely) the Krogan Empire. 

And they are all different. 

For Example, I wanted my character to be...a Half Breed. Half Human, Half Krogan. Looks human other than the eyes, has a Krogan's advanced minds, and human's reasoning. I wanted him to be born that way, making his story unique.

EquinoxDate: Fr, 07.August.15, 11:56 AM | Message # 135
So genetically modified birth? Another idea is that they were created by a peace keeper group to be mediators between the two empires, but it's not very in depth.

So how far genetically modifed are we talking here? Like, someone being modified with a spider to climb walls easily and produce poison he or she can use, and a cat to move silently and have the flexibility to rotate in mid air like cats can, as well as move quietly through digitigrade, basically making them the perfect assassin?

Or are we talking purely human mixed with Krogan to gain their intelligence and some physical traits?

Or do you want him to be born from a human and krogan pair, essentially sealing the deal that the krogans are more human than reptile, since we can't breed with reptiles.

Dillon0909Date: Fr, 07.August.15, 1:04 PM | Message # 136
Commander
No he was born from the Krogan Empire's Leader and the UAP's President....He was literally born with different DNA

As for the others...I think the modifications can vary...

Like if they were modified from UAP maybe they could...have an arm that fires bullets or...that spider walking thing you 

Pends on the character creator...

EquinoxDate: Fr, 07.August.15, 7:01 PM | Message # 137
Alright, so we're mostly set if we don't want the entire plot figured out ahead of time. One last question, what side is everyone gonna be on? All on UAP as originally humans, or can we be on either?

Dillon0909Date: Fr, 07.August.15, 10:15 PM | Message # 138
Commander
Either or I guess...we really have everything fleshed out?

EquinoxDate: Fr, 07.August.15, 10:32 PM | Message # 139
Well, we need to establish a history here. is the UAP just human races? If yes, have they encountered other alien races before? Do they have any alliances? The previous question also applies to the krogans. Also, are they AT war, or is there the THREAT of war?

Dillon0909Date: Sa, 08.August.15, 3:31 PM | Message # 140
Commander
They are the threat of war Krogans ten to keep to themselves

The UAP has multiple alien races in their employ

NarutardDate: Sa, 08.August.15, 4:17 PM | Message # 141
The Reaper of Threads
I like the peacekeeper coalition idea. And what exactly is the point of the star children and what will they be doing? Obviously both sides are going to want to use these super creature kids.

Unfortunately I'm about to be Internet-less again.

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

Dillon0909Date: Sa, 08.August.15, 11:52 PM | Message # 142
Commander
I think it would be interesting to know that the UAP created the first star child as a defense against the Krogan's...who then made the next...

They have always been designed for weapon purposes. They are created to be essentially super soldiers

Ilovedogs2Date: Su, 09.August.15, 11:07 PM | Message # 143
A bored admin
So both sides are trying to "persuade" the children to join or they are on the run from both sides....or both?

It's time.

Dillon0909Date: Mo, 10.August.15, 12:21 PM | Message # 144
Commander
Depends on the character

Outcast for example is a guy who is hiding from the Krogan and the UAP 

Some of the Star Children actually willingly work for either side

EquinoxDate: Mo, 10.August.15, 4:24 PM | Message # 145
So are we ready for the thread to be made, or do we have more stuff to do?

Dillon0909Date: Mo, 10.August.15, 11:23 PM | Message # 146
Commander
You know I think it's time to make this thread

Dillon0909Date: We, 19.August.15, 5:17 PM | Message # 147
Commander
Okay idea time once agian

So I was thinking of doing something interesting called the Vampire Kingdom. It's based off a plot I found on Roblox.

Basically, Vampires have taken over a kingdom that belonged to an abusive human family and their werewolf allies, about 5 years ago.

I was thinking it would be a more moral grey kind of story. Where there aren't so much Heroes, but...lighter shades of grey

EquinoxDate: We, 19.August.15, 11:36 PM | Message # 148
Well abusive human family isn't a great way to start off the moral gray.

Dillon0909Date: We, 19.August.15, 11:46 PM | Message # 149
Commander
Well its' the WHO that took over that makes it moral grey. 

Yeah they got rid of an abusive family...but they are also monsters who feast on the blood of the living. 

This is also why I want to expand the idea before i make the thread. 

I want to make it Modern Fantasy...I like Modern Fantasy...

EquinoxDate: We, 19.August.15, 11:49 PM | Message # 150
Well, if the people fighting to take the throne from the vampires are also bad people, then it's moral gray. But just one evil replacing another isn't moral gray, it's tyranny follows tyranny.

Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » Collabs » Dillon0909 Crazy idea of the week. (To stop myself for having 50 threads)
Search: