Sa, 20.April.24, 10:19 AM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Equinox, Ilovedogs2  
Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » Stories » Woodsland Terror (Small horror warning, mostly for creature.)
Woodsland Terror
Nevermore_RavenDate: Mo, 30.July.12, 2:16 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
My friends Mike and Adrian and I were out exploring the local off-limits woodsy park a couple of weeks ago. We live in the middle of the city, so it can be pretty dull without explorations. We all met up at Adrian's house, and Mike had brought his camera, A Canon of a model I can't remember at this time, and we set off for the park.

We had been wandering around in the woodsy park for awhile, when suddenly my friend Adrian stopped us. He looked at us and motions us to be quiet and stop moving, he saw something off in the woods. Mike and I turned to look at it, and we didn't see it, but Adrian whispers to us, "I saw something move really fast, it was just a shadow." We, being the dumb-fucks we are, decided to go and check it out. We got to the area he saw the shadow and I noticed that there is a bunch of dead leaves around the area, and we stepped on a bunch of various sticks and they made really loud noises that could easily be heard from where we were standing a few minutes ago. It was then that we suddenly realized that whatever it was, it wasn't walking on the leaves. It was creepy, and we joked around that maybe it was a ghost, or a really quiet hobo. (The area is infamous for hobos, we actually saw one of the empty camps of a hobo).

We decided to go meander around for a little while longer and then we decided to head back to civilization, and while walking through a local neighborhood, we were stopped by this man on a bike. He had noticed us walking out of the woodsy area and said to my friend, "You guys photographers?"

"Yeah, why?" asked my friend Mike, who had the camera.

"Down in that park, there's this really big owl, about the size of a small child, roosting in the same spot everyday, it's kinda freaky looking, actually," the man replied, and pointed in the general direction of the area we had seen the shadow. We made plans to head back there eventually and try and snap a shot of that owl.

We went back yesterday, and started walking around some more, looking for the owl. We foolishly thought that the owl was what was haunting the woods, and were determined to catch it on film. Mike brought his camera again, and it was a pretty nifty camera, we caught several pictures of small birds, but none of the owl. There was one photo with a shadow in the background, but when I uploaded it, the picture was too shitty and out of focus for it to be considered a serious photo, so I won't upload it and have it be made fun of by hysterical little men.

A few hours later, we are just about to call it a day, when Mike stopped us and pointed over towards the left of us. I don't notice that he and Adrian stopped to look to the left, until Adrian slapped my back, and I turned to the left and see what they see. It's a shadowy figure, hunched over a small form. The shadow turned towards us, and I'm not making this up when I say I saw this owl like thing with four fangs inside of its beak and the beak and fangs were bloody. It took to the air, and flapped away. We went to investigate what the beast was chomping on, and it was a small kitten. I shudder at the brutality of the thought. In my world view, I hold cats most sacred, on a rung just below my goddess, the Dragon.

After that, I booked it the hell out of there, because I'm terrified of anything that has the balls to attack a cat, and especially if it's a shadowy owl creature, that was the size of a small child. Mike and Adrian caught up with me a few minutes later, laughing at me, saying that I had imagined the whole thing, but I could tell that their laughs were a little too forced, their eyes still darted to the side as though they were terrified.

We have made plans to go find the owl the man told us again, but so far, we haven't, and as far as I know, it's still lurking in the woods.

I'm terrified, because sometimes, at night, I hear something walking on the roof. Its talons clinking against the slate of the roof. I keep thinking it's looking for a way in. My windows have screens but with a beak and claws like that... It's only a matter of time before it gets in...

Formerly known as Jinxy.

RazDate: Mo, 30.July.12, 2:38 AM | Message # 2
Commander
Group: Administrators
The solution to this is Mister Shotty.

Persona Non Grata

Nevermore_RavenDate: Mo, 30.July.12, 2:40 AM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
Or a good healthy dose of reality.

Formerly known as Jinxy.

RazDate: Mo, 30.July.12, 2:44 AM | Message # 4
Commander
Group: Administrators
No, that only makes things worse, because then it will be real.

Persona Non Grata

Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » Stories » Woodsland Terror (Small horror warning, mostly for creature.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: