Fr, 29.March.24, 8:59 AM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Equinox  
Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » Just blah... » Top 5 Best and Worst Narutard Characters
Top 5 Best and Worst Narutard Characters
Dillon0909Date: Sa, 19.July.14, 4:08 PM | Message # 1
Commander
Group: Administrators
Well if you saw my last upcoming lists heads up you saw something called character lists. Basically what it is, is my capitalizing on how popular my Best and Worst Characters made by Others list was, and decided to do specific people. So, here's how I'm doing. I'm going down the list of the 5 people I rp with the most, from Most to Least. I will do the best that I can to pay tribute to them and their characters. If you want to knwo which people I'm doing, check out the Upcoming Top 5 lists, the latest one at least. With that said, we really should get started, with the person I RP with the most Lauren aka Narutard.

Ah Narutard its almost not a debate to say I wouldn't even be DOING this list if it weren't for her. She is the mastermind behind Angels vs Demons, the thread that spawned this site. It was her creative genuis that started the site, and her creative input that really keeps it going. Because of that she's created hundred of characters, I'm only doing the ones I've rped with the most, I can wager that everyone here to could this kind of list for her, even the people who sadly wont' be getting lists. And if that's the case that's just a sign of a good friend. So...enough delaying, and enough well deserved ass kissing. These are Narutard's Jewels and also her...well creations she's not so proud of.

Oh and Rules incase I'm not the only one who wants to give tribute to her: 

1. As always: You don't have to do a top 5. You can do a min top 3 and a max top 20

2. It has to be directly made from Narutard. Meaning if it's her character sheet, it's her character.

3. One Character per thread.

4. The Worst is optional this time. If you don't want to do a Worst List, you don't have to. I only require a Best list.

5. You have to do a sentence explaining why they are on the list. One freaking sentence.

Now than shall we begin.

Best:

5. Reagan (Pirate Island): Wow this was hard one. Everyone knew that someone from Pirate Island or Storm of the Pirates Life was going to make this list, but the question which thread and which character. The which character was obvious Reagan, Captain Phoenix herself. The question is which Reagan. After a while of debate I finally came to the solution of Pirate Island's Reagan. Why? Well, it's because of how Pirate Island and Storm of a Pirates Life are set up. They are set up, to have the main characters go through a journey. With Storm of a Pirates Life, it's Natalya, my character. With Pirate Island it's Reagan. Which is how she won out. That being said I do like Reagan alot. Reagan to me is the true essence of a tragic character. She's lost her father and had to desperately climb out of the shadows of his leagacy. She got married, but married life wasn't what she thought, and now she's trying to find herself again. It's a very interesting journey, and to be honest Narutard handles her development beautifully.

4. Reagan (AVD): Oh boy, I'm gonna get hell for this. How can Narutard's main from the Thread THAT MADE THE SITE! not be anywhere but number one? Well...it's my list shut up. Okay that's mean, the real reason why, is I think that Narutard has just made three characters better than Reagan. However, I can't ignore Reagan either, Reagan is the true essence of ROYALS WHO DO SOMETHING. Powerful demon god attacks her kingdom? Reagan punches him in the face? Get's kidnapped? She saves herself.  She's just awesome through and through.

3. Adelaide (AVD:BB): This was the character the made me want to join Angels vs Demons: Backstreet Brawls. This is the character that makes me mentally debate which is better AVD: BB or AVD. This is the character that makes me want to do crossovers. Adelaide from AVD:BB is a hero, and you know what, we need more of those. We don't need all our characters to be brooding  bad-asses, sometimes we need good people doing good things, and Adelaide is that to me. Adelaide is selfless, and willing to put her place of eternity on the line to do the right thing. I can't wait until the Sequal thread picks up steam, just so I can see Adelaide do more cool things

2. Ellie (Fantasy War): This character isn't even been on the site for a year, and yet she came DANGEROUSLY close to be number 1. Can I just say how proud I am of Fantasy War? Seriously, kinda of a spoilers but every character not made by me in Fantasy War will be on the Character Lists. Though back to Ellie. HOLY SHIT DO I LOVE THIS GIRL!. You want an example of how to do a "Royals who do something" right? Look no further, I'll give an example. I made it perfectly clear my necromancer was power, very dangerous, and he wanted people to know it. Ellie almost went to blows with him, because he wasn't addressing her mother as Queen. Just...awesome.

1. Marci (Superhero/Supervillain RP and it's Remake/Sequal): I won't go into more details as Marci made number one in the Top 5 Best and Worst Characters made by Other People list, but needless to say she's number 1 for a reason. That reason? Well, Narutard herself said that Marci's her most rounded character, and after looking back...she's right.

Worst:

5. Dianne (Pirate Island): This character almost didn't make this list because Narutard did somewhat redeem her, but I'm sorry I can't pull any mof my punches or ignore her past crimes. Dianne is an ungrateful brat. She is way to needy, way to mean spirited, and honestly way to much of a pain. Like I said, she did get better...but she was pretty bad...

4. Paige (Criminal Minds): This character was just a door mat pure and simple, letting my characters get away with pretty much anything. She was stupid and honestly I dont' know why I used to like her so much

3. Elizabeth (AVD) : I forgot her name before making this list. Elizabeth is Reagan's Sister...and I completly forgot about her until making this list. I knew she was useless, and that's about it

2. Thalia (Thieves World) : This character was just annoying...she was constantly getting on my characters case and I honestly don't know why I put up with it for as long as i did.

1. Clara (Magical Souls) : I unleashed all my anger towards Clara in my Top 5 Worst Threads list. So I'm just goign to end it here. I don't like Clara because she was a bitch

Dont' worry Narutards made more gems than turds, but I had to be fair.

I look forward to Rping with Narutard and I want to see how many lists people will make on this one

I love Spooky Crap :D

EquinoxDate: Sa, 19.July.14, 11:58 PM | Message # 2
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Alright, I'm going to do this, and everyone else who gets a list, with a best and worst. Because if I do get a thread, I want people to make a best and worst for me, so I know what I should work more towards, and work away from.

Now, as some of you may know, I lack interaction with naru's characters in some threads, and I don't have many threads in common with her anyway. So this will only be a top 3.

Best

3. Clara "Candi" Rosse (Era of Revolution)
A character that isn't in a respectable job. Something different. Era of Revolution is one of the few threads that gives an option like being a prostitute, and naru actually used that to make an original character.

2.  Elizabeth Kerigan (Alterria Warriors)
Finally, someone made a character focused around healing and helping people. It's really annoying to see how everyone is all about being the greatest at some sort of combat. This character was a nice change of pace.

1. Ellena "Elle" Foresta (Fantasy Wars)
It's may be because I really enjoy this thread, but this character is a nice character to top off our trio. A lizardman mercenary, a ghost who can provide a wide utility of usefulness, and elvish royalty to be the voice of our odd band of warriors. I really like this character so far.

Worst

3. Annie Cecil (The Surprise War)
I debated putting this character on either list at all. I didn't like the character enough to put her on the top 3, but I had that nagging feeling while I was considering the + and - of this character. On one hand, the character is decently made, well used, and she developed character when she turned into a much weaker girl than she was portrayed as. On the other hand, This character felt...washy. Like, she was in major shock at times because of the torture, but other times she was suddenly fine emotionally. Then she'd break down later, and try to pull herself together. I was really, really unsure of if I should include this character at all, but the fact that this character feels more negative to me than positive, and puts me in a bit of a confused thinking state, has earned her number 3.

2.  Dragonessa "Nessa" Valant/ Mulciber Gortuin (Demon Hunters)
These characters were a rather... evolving duo. While polar opposites and bitter rivals, their rivalry came out of nowhere to us, and wasn't exactly...intense. Or logical, really. What is a creature of such small size, who slings fire, to do against a massive amount of dragons? Unless he had some stealth power in there to assassinate them, I don't see how he killed all the fucking dragons, even if he's more powerful than he looks. One good bite from a dragon would snap him in half. And do these dragons not have any resistance to fire, like, at all? Dragonessa was disappointing when it came to fighting Mulciber. She was ridiculously powerful when Yorick fought her, simply because even though Yorick COULD destroy the dark orb when fighting her, the plot dictated that he didn't, so I was forced into a tie. Apparently, when it came to Mulciber, the Fairy vs Dragon type matchup comes into play. Basically, it felt like a cheap shoehorn story to make her backstory oh so tragic, and it failed. Miserably. And Mulciber was convieniently super strong whenever he fought Dragonessa, and instead of killing her like the rest of her kind, he decided to play with her. He's no super villain, he's the mini-me of one.

1. Rose Froyere (Freaks)
Like the dragonessa/Mulciber Situation, this character evolved in an odd and less-dramatic-than-you-may-think way. No pun(s?) intended. Nothing in her bio mentions her being an experimenter, the person who created this stuff, or having her head like that originally. It's bad enough her original bio says during the experiments her intelligence was boosted, but then suddenly, "I was born this way, dramatic reveal!" And before anyone says I interpreted it wrong, "Previously she was already very smart, always seen with a book in her hands and now it has been boosted past even the highest." That's not being born with it. Books don't make your brain evolve beyond it's natural size. Not to mention the fact that this character and ILD's male character did very little productive, until suddenly naru's character can fucking force an entire robot army (Logical, for someone with power over technology) and every single one of our characters (Not logical) To their knees. Because nowhere does it even specify how powerful her "Mental powers" are, as opposed to her lack of ability to deal with a single deforestor at the beginning of the thread. And this was what, a week later? At most? I don't dislike this character nearly as much as Venida, but she's up there somewhere. Her Godmod level backstory that seems to unlock ridiculous power, has gone unnoticed for far too long for me. It was about time I said something about this character. This character, Venida, and ILD's anti-social bird twins, are all powers not specified  practically, and in general, made this thread very magic souls-esque whenever I look back at it. That's right Dillon, I hate Freaks as much as you hate magic souls. And I hate it more everyday. Mostly because of how it died right after Naru's character became the most OP fucking shit, and then, instead of actually dying, she shifts the story even further her way, and makes the thread die by us wasting pages making her tech form a FUCKING BODY. Even when I finally get to show off a hidden perk of my own character, and my character is finally actually useful, the FUCKING THREAD DIES BECAUSE OF THE MOST BORING SEQUENCE IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING THREAD. I really wish this character would have stayed dead, and ILD's male character just became some depressed little shit, rather than the thread dying from sheer boredom. This character would have been redeemed if she stayed dead. But because of all the ridiculous shit she did, and not dying and leaving us a mystery as to the rest of her sad story, the thread died, and became painful to look back at.

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

EquinoxDate: Sa, 19.July.14, 11:58 PM | Message # 3
(That last two ended up a lot longer than they looked.)

Dillon0909Date: Su, 20.July.14, 1:39 AM | Message # 4
Commander
(its always easier to talk about stuff you don't like Why do you think I went on such a rampage against Magical Souls in my Top 5 Worst threads? Also, if you want to, well, release the beast so to speak on Freaks you should make a Top 5 Worst Threads list.)

However lets get away from the negative.

Narutard's still a kick butt writer inspite of some of her shortcomings. )

RazDate: Su, 20.July.14, 8:01 AM | Message # 5
Commander
Wasn't Alterria your thread Equi, the elemental one? If so, I was thinking of making a character who just is made to survive avoid damage, avoid physical conflict, and prioritize getting any person that can no longer fight out of the fight.

Persona Non Grata

Message edited by Raz - Su, 20.July.14, 8:02 AM

EquinoxDate: Su, 20.July.14, 10:02 AM | Message # 6
@Dillon Definitely. She's probably made more characters than all of us, and she fuels threads excellently. It's just that everyone has a few bad characters, and only two of the three spots there did I actually, truly dislike.

@Raz Perhaps he could learn the wanderer's path thingy for doing that temporarily, but he couldn't start out like that. That would be overpowered in comparison to everyone else.

RazDate: Su, 20.July.14, 12:17 PM | Message # 7
Commander
(Well fuck no he wouldn't start like that.)

Persona Non Grata

EquinoxDate: Su, 20.July.14, 2:39 PM | Message # 8
(Well, if we can get enough people who want to restart the thread, I'll restart it, but I don't expect it to.)

NarutardDate: Tu, 29.July.14, 11:06 PM | Message # 9
The Reaper of Threads
Group: Co-Dictators
O.O um thank you?

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

Dillon0909Date: We, 30.July.14, 0:02 AM | Message # 10
Commander
If you wanna thank me, I have a Top 5 Best and Worst Dillon0909 characters list XD I'm mostly joking

There is no need to thank me Narutard. You are worth all that effort Equi and I threw into our lists.

EquinoxDate: We, 30.July.14, 0:35 AM | Message # 11
Now make a list for me naru. I expect the number 1 worst to be at least twice as long as mine was for you.

NarutardDate: We, 30.July.14, 0:57 AM | Message # 12
The Reaper of Threads
Oh...no...

EquinoxDate: We, 30.July.14, 1:01 AM | Message # 13
Cmon, I wanna see naru angry. You can't possibly like all my characters, half of them are naturally disliked.

Dillon0909Date: We, 30.July.14, 1:11 AM | Message # 14
Commander
Heck I really wouldn't mind you doing one for me either.

Though I'm more curious about my best list than my worst XD

NarutardDate: We, 30.July.14, 4:55 PM | Message # 15
The Reaper of Threads
I wanna see Raz' favorite and least favorite of mine first smile

RazDate: We, 30.July.14, 7:58 PM | Message # 16
Commander
I likely ain't gonna, I'm lazy.

Persona Non Grata

EquinoxDate: We, 30.July.14, 8:13 PM | Message # 17
Do it or I'll beat you with a stick

NarutardDate: We, 30.July.14, 8:31 PM | Message # 18
The Reaper of Threads
Pleeeeeasseeee? For meeee? smile

RazDate: We, 30.July.14, 9:48 PM | Message # 19
Commander
*Groan* Maybe.

Persona Non Grata

EquinoxDate: We, 30.July.14, 10:38 PM | Message # 20
Just do a top 3 for best and worst like I do. It turns out my memory for characters isn't actually all that great, so it takes me like an hour to search for characters. You've been in a lot of threads with her, so it shouldn't take you nearly that long.

Dillon0909Date: Sa, 27.September.14, 12:44 PM | Message # 21
Commander
(Say I got an Idea Narutard, why don't you do your own top five of your own characters :D)

Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » Just blah... » Top 5 Best and Worst Narutard Characters
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: