[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
Forum moderator: Creation100  
Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » The Future » The Star Children
The Star Children
Dillon0909Date: Tu, 11.August.15, 0:18 AM | Message # 1
Commander
Group: Administrators
"So, you wanna know about the Star Children? If you insist, Diablo...load up program SCINTRO."

In the distant Galaxy of Darham, far from the Milky way and it's limited scope, there exist two factions.

The United Alliance of Planets, Lead by President Dianna Thatch, a united from of various planets that controls the vast majority of the Galaxy.  They are pretty much a Republic who believes in the unity of all planets for the benefit of everyone. However, they are totally nose blind or don't care about the rampant corruption that fills the Alliance's governing body. Politics eh? 

Not that they're counterparts are that much better. 

Meet the Krogan Empire, Lead by King Cravage Krogan,  a race of beings who believe in imperialism and monarchy to end corruption in politics. They are race of beings with humanoid features, but are more reptilian in appearance. They also have incredible minds. It's rumored that a Krogan child could speak every word in their native tounge by the time they are two days old. Problem is, great minds often lead to great arrogance. They believe their way is the only way. This...is why I stay out of politics

However, about the Star Children themselves. The Star Children are a race of humans who have been modified genetically when they were all just mere children so their powers can grow into astronomical levels. Their powers vary from being to being and they all were created for one reason and one reason only. To become a weapon to fight in a war. A living, breathing, weapon. 

The UAP started this a defense, the old nuke  detourent thing. However, the Krogan's soon joined it and it's gone out of hand, parents on both side fear for their children's safety, and i don't blame them. 

The Star Children's loyalty varies again on the Star Child, some are considered loyal soldiers and welcome members of the UAP or Krogan Army, others are considered S Level criminals that both side want to erase from this earth. 

The Age range of an average Star Child is 10-22, though give me a year and we'll see how that goes. 

Oh yeah, you're probably wondering how I know all this stuff? 

Well I'm a Star Child...I'm actually kind of unique because I'm one of the few Star Children not created by Genetic Modification. I was created via natural birth. I am Half Human and Half Krogan. Call me...Outcast

Rules: 

1. All Star Children must be withing the Age range listed above

2. Natural Birthed Star Children is VERY rare so you must give me a pretty damn good character sheet for it in order for me to accept it. Even then I still may not. 

3. No insane powers like stopping time, warping reality, or controlling space. Try to keep it tame and reasonable. 

4. Standard RP Rules biggrin

Character Sheet: 

Name; 
Appearance: 
Abilities: 
Bio: 
Faction (if Any): 
Extra:

I love Spooky Crap :D

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 11.August.15, 0:30 AM | Message # 2
Commander
Name; Zane Thatch AKA Outcast 
Race:  Half Breed 
Appearance:  See Attachment
Abilities:  High IQ with a proficiency of building mechanical weaponry with ease, has comic book levels of mad science, and agility

Bio:  "Oh so we're doing this now? Okay, welp, names Outcast, but my mom would rather call me Zane. I am the son of the Krogan Empire's Leader and the United Alliance of Planet's President, and you can probably tell that with my eyes. My mind, my agility, and my eyes come from my father, every thing else came from my mom. Being a half breed freak, my mom didn't exactly want me to be seen in the public eyes. I didn't get to make a lot of friends back in the day...actually I didn't get to make many friends at all. Being the spawn of the Enemy commander tends to do that to you. So when in doubt...make a friend. I made a friend with my buddy Diablo, he's a robotic bird I made after I saw a few of em fly past my window. He's got the most advanced AI system on the planet if you don't mind me saying. (See Attachment 2 for what he looks like). I couldn't take being cooped up in isolation anymore, so I got out, I broke out of where my "mom" was keeping me, took the nearest ship I could find with Diablo, I call her the Gallows (Attachment 3), and flew off to some...far off Desert planet. 

I actually kind of like it out here, especially since this planet has a pirate problem which means I get to test my toys out on them." 

Faction (if Any):  None
Extra:
Attachments: 2817638.png (219.5 Kb) · 7628302.png (267.8 Kb) · 5446656.png (266.6 Kb)

EquinoxDate: Tu, 11.August.15, 1:49 AM | Message # 3
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
(No time stopping? Darn, I can't create Dio and Za Warudo everyone to death)
(Please note dillon, this character is not NEARLY as OP as he might look. He's basically a bit above the peak physical condition a human can reach, and not nearly as smart as an actual Krogan. His regeneration wont save him from everything, and it requires him to sit down and constantly feed himself to regenerate anything significant. Everything else is the suit, and if the suit is damaged too badly, he is basically done. I'll keep him in line if you accept him, and make sure he's not an unbeatable POS that's unfun to be around.)
Name: Aaron Tintier (BASS)
Race:  40% human (base body), 10% Krogan (heightened intelligence), 25% cat (flexibility, digitigrade walking, hunter instinct), 10% starfish (limb regeneration, although slowly just like a starfish) 15% spider (Increased running speed, massive jumping power, can sense vibrations nearby through hairs on his body)
Appearance:  http://coolvibe.com/wp-cont....322.jpg 6'1, 210 pounds without the suit, 312 pounds with it on.
Abilities:  The heightened intelligence of a krogan, although not nearly as high as an actual krogan. He does, however, have a photographic memory and his mind processes things quicker than a normal human, allowing him to see and react to things faster than a physical peak human. The flexibility of a cat through modification to his spine, as well as digitigrade walking through his suit's padded feet, and hunting instinct from a cat gives him the willingness to hunt for fun similar to a cat. The starfish lets wounds heal faster, and he can even regrow lost fingers. However, he will have to constantly feed himself food and water to even regenerate a finger, much less an arm or leg. His head cannot regenerate, as the mutation of the cells is through his brain. Brain injuries can regenerate, however, as long as they aren't severe or damaging to the part of the brain that allows him to regenerate. With the spider, he can run only slightly faster than a peak human, and can jump twice his own height, not much better than a professional basketball player, but still impressive. He can sense vibrations in the air through his own hair similarly to a spider, keeping him aware of his surroundings. Can stick to walls if he uses his hands and feet through modifications to his suit. Can deploy four metal spider-like legs from the back of his suit to fight with or assist in climbing. The limbs are made of basic strong metals, and can be broken by decent weaponry. Can lift 300 pounds normally (Nowhere near peak lifting), can deadlift 700 with the suit putting full power into lifting. (Still over 100 short of Paul Anderson's old record)
Bio:  Aaron is proof that being the perfect human isn't possible. In a scientific attempt to create a human beyond humans, Aaron was taken from his home. Experimented on at the age of 12 so that the DNA changes would just add on to the changes of puberty, Aaron soon began changing in horrific ways. With more non-human DNA than human DNA, he was quickly becoming not human. These DNA sequences did not mix, and they were going to leave him dead as a horrific mutant, unrecognizable as anything close to human if they did not do something soon. And so, the Body Adjusting Support System (BASS) was created. The suit is his life. The suit reconstructs his DNA on the fly, keeping him human in appearance, without any terrifying mixtures of spider legs and starfish tentacles tearing through his skin. If his suit were to go fully offline, it's unknown how long he would live. He has survived up to thirty minutes without it before, but the changes he went through left him almost beyond any written horrors ever described, and bordering on death. This led to him being isolated and worked on for months, as they tried to keep him alive and turn him back to normal. It has been determined now, without the suit, he will indeed die. His personality is different now. More feral. He believes the world is hunt or be hunted, and he is the hunter. He is territorial, and claims territory as his own with his urine, similar to other wild animals. He is still an intelligent man, able to hold a conversation with you. But there is no promise he wont kill everyone and take a home for his own if he likes it and thinks he can take it. He knows his limits, however. Put him up against someone made for running, and he'll stop trying to outrun you, and focus on tripping you. Put him against someone stronger than him, and he'll just shoot them. Put him against someone smarter than him, and...well, who knows?
Faction (if Any):  For hire killer
Extra: Carries a rifle, a heavy cannon pistol, and nano-metal blade, designed to cut through steel, as well as a code breaker, thermal goggles, and an EMP system that his suit is designed to not be effected by.

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 11.August.15, 5:06 PM | Message # 4
Commander
(accepted)

Ilovedogs2Date: Tu, 11.August.15, 10:11 PM | Message # 5
A bored admin
Group: Co-Dictators
Name;  Nova Laens
Race:  40% human, 50% Krogan, 10% chameleon (for camouflage)
Appearance: Close Enough
Abilities: Telekinesis, as long as she understand what the object and where to find it in the entire galaxy, it would be in her hands.
Bio: Although still very innocent and naive, Nova understands the tension that exists between the two sides. Taken at 5, instead of attending kindergarten like the other kiddos her age, she was tested and experimented on. With her young age, many suspect that she will grow to be a powerful weapon if any side managed to persuade her to join their ranks. A couple years later, she lost her parents to an accident so she's been mainly on her own. For the mean time, she dodged many attempts to speak to her, trap her, and any other ways both sides could think of to join their side. However she knew that she wouldn't be able to last very long on her own when there were people hounding for her.
Faction (if Any): none for now
Extra: for self defense, she carries a small knife.

(hm. still not happy with this.)

It's time.

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 11.August.15, 10:44 PM | Message # 6
Commander
(accepted)

NarutardDate: We, 12.August.15, 1:20 AM | Message # 7
The Reaper of Threads
Name;  Carly Turner

Race:  50% human, 15% hawk, 20% kangaroo, 15% Yzgarian

Appearance:  attachment

Abilities:  Super vision and hearing, true shot, she never misses, high endurance and able to leap higher than normal humans and a strange power to influence people's decisions that she's still learning to control

Bio:  Carly is the daughter of Jill and Jay Turner, Human Ambassadors for the UAP on the frozen tundra planet Yzgar. The Turners were very loyal members of the UAP and willingly offered Carly to be experimented on when asked. Mysteriously, they disappeared not two weeks after and the Yzgarian city the Turner's called home (whose citizens quite adored the young Carly) was eliminated for displaying rebellious tendencies. And thus Carly's life began to change.

The experiments were painful, especially when the other DNA was still adhering to her own. She remembers how her eyes bled for days as they strained and strained until she could focus up to a mile away and still see clearly. Voices became clear across the facility once her ears stopped bleeding. Growing pains wracked her body as her bones became denser, able to absorb the rough impact of jumping as a kangaroo, but the worst pain was her brain. Migraine after migraine kept her bed ridden for months as the Yzgarian blood took hold, but when her "transformation" was complete, she was a hunter to be feared.

Carly ran away when she was fifteen, stealing an Yzgarian ship and escaping from her prison with her best friend Gunter. They managed to bounce from planet to planet, stealing ships and food, but recently they crashed landed on a desert planet, the opposite of their home and their Yzgarian blood is being put to the test as they are not built to withstand this kind of heat. But they trudge on, hoping to find any kind of oasis in this dry dry land.

Faction (if Any): nuh-uh

Extra:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Gunter

Race: Yzgarian

Appearance: attachment

Abilities: Shielding

Bio: Gunter grew up in the same town as Carly, and being the only child closest in age to her, grew up as her one and only friend. When Carly was taken he suddenly realized he had no purpose and desperately wanted his friend back so he set off to find her, only to find out his home had been destroyed days later. Now with absolutely nothing, he volunteered at the Research Facility and low and behold, there was Carly. After years of watching her suffer and being able to do nothing about it, Gunter formulated a plan tp escape the hell. Carly agreed without hesitation and together they broke out. They've been roaming ever since until they unfortunately crash landed. Carly is much more able to survive the heat and dry air than Gunter as Gunter is a full blooded Yzgarian. As each day goes by he feels weaker and weaker, but he struggles on because he doesn't want to be a burden to Carly.

Faction: Nope

Extra: Gunter is much smarter than Carly and often formulates their plans, though Carly is much better in social situations and leading. THey make a great pair. Also Gunter is gay AF
Attachments: 2998210.jpg (84.8 Kb) · 0399699.jpg (71.2 Kb)

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

Dillon0909Date: We, 12.August.15, 1:27 AM | Message # 8
Commander
(accepted :D)

NarutardDate: We, 12.August.15, 1:27 AM | Message # 9
The Reaper of Threads
(Can we get started???)

Dillon0909Date: We, 12.August.15, 1:50 AM | Message # 10
Commander
Outcast: 

It was a typical place in the section of space known as the Junkyard, so called because a terrible accident happened there making it a dead zone to both UAP and Krogan forces. In fact they just dump damaged ship parts everywhere because no one really goes here. No one except pirates, who love to raid the parts off of the junkers to help finance their criminal exploits. 

Some pirates smirked as they flew away unaware that in the shadows a big green ship floated in the distance. With a smirk I said "Diablo, transport..." A minor glow surrounded me as I was on the top of the pirates ship putting a breathing apparatus on my face. I took out a wrench and then pried a hatch open, and climbed in pulling the hatch down so decompression didn't become a minor issue.  I hid behind some crates as the pirates talked. 

The Pirates said "I don't like being out here man, Junkyard ain't a place for us" 

His buddy said "What are you scared of the big bad lightning man? The odds of us running into them are like 1,000,000 to one" 

"Actually" I said to them as they turned drawing their guns. " The odds of running into me here are 18,450,102,045.999,100 to one...though I might be splitting hairs here" They started to shoot as I used the crates for cover. I turned a dial on my gloves and they heard sparking. "Hate to be a buzz kill boys but..." WIth a large bolt of lightning the pirates were blasted into a window causing them to slide down the plexy glass. 

"Ooo...nasty" I said with a smirk and I pulled out my transport disks. Disks that instantly home on to The Gallow's signal and teleport to it. I start putting it on the crates and said "Nice hall for the day, you think I can finally finish Kiryu?" 

"For what you want sir I highly doubt that" Diablo said on the com. "Besides, I'm sure you want to work on the MK 2 power armor today. Trying to iron out the speed issue that the MK 1 had" 

"I suppose" I said rolling my eyes. "Speaking of upgrades, you're starting to get a little squeaky there buddy...need some repairs or..." 

"I can fix myself" Diablo protested "You made it so I could, besides it's probably all the liquid I've been around lately" 

I laughed "Oh yeah i forgot, the being that's gonna cure all the worlds diseases but will never be known is my robot bird" 

"You laugh but you made me" Diablo said to me with laugh as well. 

I put the last transport disk on and said "Okay ready" I than said "Don't know why you can't just teleport me with one of these things" 

Diablo responded with "We've been over this...the transport disks condense inorganic material in such a way that when it's teleported it's like nothing happened. If that happened to you, you'd be nothing but a stain on the base's floor" 

"Okay fine" I grumbled "Get me home first and then get the cargo up" with another glow I was gone and on the ship, in a few seconds so was the Cargo.

After a fun day of my favorite hobby of picking on pirates, we headed home for some good old fashioned work, plus I wanted to see what Cargo we got.

NarutardDate: We, 12.August.15, 2:00 AM | Message # 11
The Reaper of Threads
Gunter shook Carly awake who swatted at him and tried to roll over but instead got a face full of sand. She spluttered and coughed, wiping her mouth on the back of her hand. "I hate this place," She moaned, gazing across the sands. Their destroyed ship lay in smoking ruins a few hundred feet away from them and with her heightened vision she could see some outcropping of buildings in the distance but she was nervous to trust them. She turned her gaze to Gunter who was looking steadily worse and worse. If she thought she was suffering, Gunter was a whole other level. She pulled to her feet and helped him up. "Come on, caution to the wind, we have to get you to that building and out of this infernal star heat." Carly began dragging him towards the building, Gunter dragging his feet as he tried to stay upright. For future reference, heat and Yzgarians definitely do not mix.

EquinoxDate: We, 12.August.15, 2:03 AM | Message # 12
-Aaron-
Traveling through some shithole sector in a 'borrowed' ship, I kept picking up static before silence. Either this ship is in poor condition, or someone else's ship is. Not getting paid though, so not my problem.

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 12.August.15, 2:19 AM | Message # 13
A bored admin
Nova roamed the outskirts of the sands quietly, enjoying herself. After dodging the latest move from UAP, she found this little planet sort of okay welcoming. The only downside was the heat. In the meantime, she played in the sands giggling like mad. The human half enabled her to keep the innocence and openness of everything around her, while the Krogan half whispered to her of the reality going on, keeping her alive. It wasn't a perfect mix, but she could live with it without all the prying eyes.

She laid on the sand and stared up at the sky. It wasn't helping that this wasteland of a planet wasn't very inviting as it was either covered in sand or mechanical parts, but as long as the UAP and the Krogan Empire couldn't find her, she would be grateful. Sticking her toes inside the hot sand, she closed her eyes briefly.

It's time.

Dillon0909Date: We, 12.August.15, 11:38 AM | Message # 14
Commander
Outcast: 

I smirked as the ship landed in the center of an abandonded research facility. Well...it was abandoned till I got a hold of it. I jumped off and turned on some music, as I started to move the Cargo into the Cargo room, which was one of the old labs, I smirked as I opened the crates and whistled "Hello..." Diablo fluttered to me and landed on my shoulder "Silver bars from the mines of Yzgaria, always nice you can melt them down into something useful" I opened another crate and looked into it, "Lots of stolen weapons but what else is new...I think that's some armor plating from the Krogans, meaning that I can work on the MK 2. I've almost nailed it, problem is with it's damn shielding...every shielding out there is way to damn heavy. The MK 2 is designed for speed, since the MK 1 moves like a damn tank" He nodded as I said "The most light weight shielding out there doesn't do much in protection." I started to move the cargo into my work room and said "Don't mind me Diablo...just doing my thing" 

Diablo nodded and said "Okay, I'm gonna do my thing...do a quick scan on the planet and than work on my diseases" 

"You are remembering to clean the needles after your done right?" I asked concerned

"Why it's not like I can get em?" Diablo said, and I couldn't fault that logic. 

As Diablo left to scan the planet I smiled and said "Jackpot! I've always wanted to modify a flame thrower!"

EquinoxDate: We, 12.August.15, 12:13 PM | Message # 15
(Because if you don't clean the needles germs can form, altering what goes in and out slightly. Give it time, and it could develop a full blown disease sample on the needle if liquids constantly go in and out without cleaning. Silly parrot bot.)

Sure is A lack of Raiders around out here. I might have to head down to find some. Perhaps I'll head to the junk yard to find this elusive shocker kid. I'm sure the raiders would come out of the steel works looking to buy him.

"BASS, reroute to coordinates on screen. We're going hunting."

NarutardDate: We, 12.August.15, 12:16 PM | Message # 16
The Reaper of Threads
Carly felt Gunter's hand slip from hers and whirled around. He was collapsed in the sand, breathing heavy. She knelt beside him, shaking his shoulder. "Gunter c'mon. We didn't make it this far to die of heat. That's too ironic c'mon," she begged. He didn't respond, completely unconscious. She blinked back tears and pulled out her guns, leveling them at the distance. Her hands shook as she tried not to focus on her friend behind her. "Okay Gunter..." Carly hefted him onto her back, his head lolling over her shoulder. "We gotta keep going." She kept one gun in her hand and kept walking, much slower than before.

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 12.August.15, 12:22 PM | Message # 17
A bored admin
A movement. A very faint movement in the sands. Nova sat up, confused. She thought she was the only around here since no normal beings would wander into the sands willingly. It was much too hot to go through the sand dunes without adequate protection. She looked around a few times on high alert and stood up, already assuming that either the UAP or the Krogan Empire people had found her here. 

"Hello?" She called out, gripping her knife in her hand.

It's time.

Dillon0909Date: We, 12.August.15, 12:30 PM | Message # 18
Commander
Outcast: 

"Diablo...just remembered why you should clean your needles...cross contamination. You may not be able to get the diseases but I can remember" I said as I was pour out the fuel tank on the flame thrower. 

"You know I'll cure you if you get it" Diablo protested 

"Clean it...now" I ordered as I went into Cold storage. 

Diablo grumbled and said "Fine...but after I scan the planet's surface..."

EquinoxDate: We, 12.August.15, 12:53 PM | Message # 19
The ships AI protested against the BASS system virus, but gave in quickly. "You still can't top BASS, Unity. You might as well stop resisting, and start giving us your travel history so we can kill more bandits."

Naturally, no voice sounded against me. The BASS system has complete control of anything it didn't lock down before we took over.

NarutardDate: We, 12.August.15, 12:59 PM | Message # 20
The Reaper of Threads
Carly would be lying if her own Yzgarian blood wasn't making her weak. Her arms trembled, her breathing was quick, even she was feeling tired with the extreme endurance. "Fuck...four years. We made it four years on our own, dammit..." Carly stumbled and fell. "Why'd we have to be raised in a winter wasteland." She stared at the sky above them.

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 12.August.15, 1:06 PM | Message # 21
A bored admin
Another movement, this time the tremor was bigger. Nova tilted her head to the side, confused. Her intellect warned not to investigate, but her curiosity overrode the warning. She strode forward cautiously, following the signs of the sand towards where the movement was.

It's time.

EquinoxDate: We, 12.August.15, 1:21 PM | Message # 22
The ship started moving, but stopped. The doors that led out into space flung open suddenly. Four metal spider legs shot out the back of my suit, stabbing into the ground of the ship, and metal panels rose up over my head, before coming down and encasing my head completely.

"Suit is now air proofed and I'm stabilized. Nicely done, BASS." I started walking to the computer. "Guess I have to be closer for you not to resist, eh?" The ship rumbled for a moment before closing.

BASS brought up screens in my helmet, showing the temperature, oxygen levels, it oxygen was clean, and if any life forms were detected in front of me. It was very cold in here now, and oxygen was at 39%.

"Damn thing. BASS, get the ship to the ground then disable it. It's not safe to domesticate the AI here."

Dillon0909Date: We, 12.August.15, 1:47 PM | Message # 23
Commander
Outcast: 

I smirked as I went to go test my new invention when Diablo said "Warning, Multiple life forms detected on the planet" 

I sighed and said "Let me guess, some pirates looking for me?" 

"No, these are two Yzarian's, someone with an advance suit could be a hitman the pirates hired for you, and an unknown female object" Diablo said in response

"Yzarians? The hell are they doing in a desert?" I asked as I opened the research lab's door and then locked it up "Doesn't matter, I'll go find then and bring em inside to cool off." 

Diablo responded with "Be careful, rumor has it that the Krogan Empire is looking to battle the Yzarian goverment for planetary control...your eyes might scare them" 

I adjusted the fuel tank on my back and said "It's not my eyes they'll be focusing on"

NarutardDate: We, 12.August.15, 1:52 PM | Message # 24
The Reaper of Threads
(Yzgarian, there's a G)
Maybe she could sleep until night and keep going--no you have no idea what inhabits this planet you have to keep watch Carly--it'll just be a short nap--you could die! do you want these four years to be a waste?--we'll be fine, I'll be able to sense anything...unconsciousness overwhelmed Carly and she and Gunter lay in the sand, practically baking under the sun.

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 12.August.15, 1:58 PM | Message # 25
A bored admin
Nova approached the two unconscious bodies on the hot sand and knelt down to one knee to inspect them. Focusing for a few seconds, a pitcher of water appeared in her hands. She sighed knowing that she still had to work on her power before dousing the cold water on their faces.

It's time.

Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » The Future » The Star Children
Search: