Th, 25.April.24, 3:57 PM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Equinox  
Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » OT » Equinoxian writings (Reviews, notes, updates, might be here.)
Equinoxian writings
EquinoxDate: Fr, 22.March.13, 6:01 PM | Message # 1
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Group: Administrators
First note of buisiness, a review on "the man with the iron fist"
JESUS CHRIST, DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE.
It sounded great with three big titles: Lucy liu, Russel Crowe, and Dave Bautista. And those three? They were great in the movie, absolutely amazing preformers as expected.

However, the side actors.

My god, the side actors.

And the deaths.

A death every 5 minutes, or your money back.

The side actors, absolutely terrible. The child who led the main group to a secret tunnel, he walked out into the middle of a massive, bloody fight near the end of the movie, and stood there, making a face like the kid on the cover of the original home alone movie, as a giant claw weapon (This weapon alone made no sense to me.) flew right at his face. The character Lucy liu played, dove and stopped the weapon right before it struck the kid, but got a knife thrown in her back, in the process.  That's right, they had to throw a kid with no reaction ability, or ability to understand death or danger, into the middle of this, so they could kill her off.

Not to mention, it was impossible to understand who the main character was here.

"The man with the iron fists", well, that doesnt come into play until what feels like the very end of the movie. Speaking of the end of the movie, stuff doesnt start making sense or become interesting, until the very end. All those awesome characters you saw in the trailers? 90% lies.

The cowboy you saw? No, he's a rogue british soldier.

The woman with the fan, supposedly another famous faction leader?

Nope, she's the owner of a "two to tango" shop, and her tango-ers, are suddenly highly trained assassins at the end of the movie.

Where did all this training come from?

Poison blades in their tongues? No one has ever noticed someone went into there to have a good time, and  died of poisoning suddenly?

Dave played a very OP character known as "brass body", who's body was able to instantly turn to brass at any sign of danger, or he could do it manually. Great character. But, he made a giant wreck of everything near the shop a day or two before, and the assassin woman who bedded with him didnt know his body would turn to brass, when she tried to poison him? For assassins, they sure dont have very good observation skills.

I refuse to speak any more of this terrible film, Let's move on in our matters.

-----------------------------------

Tomorrow? I'm heading to Graceland, the home of "the king", as you humans refer to elvis as. My father has been there twice, once with my mother, and it is supposedly fun. I will be there most of tomorrow, leaving at Nine central. I have to use my own money to buy souviners, which doesnt work in my favor, considering they have failed to pay us for a month's time now, and still have yet to pay me for my agreed services. None the less, this is a different topic.

Anyhow, when I return, I'll be sure to over-hype this trip, and make it sound fun.

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

EquinoxDate: Fr, 22.March.13, 6:04 PM | Message # 2
Oh, and on a side note of my reviews, The claw weapon I'm referring to is not Talons, it was a backscratcher in appearance, used like a spear.

EquinoxDate: Sa, 23.March.13, 6:38 PM | Message # 3
My trip to Graceland was...decent today. I woke up at 6:30, and was informed I had 15 minutes to take a shower, get dressed, brush my teeth, and get ready and leave. Managed to pull it off, but we wasted almost two hours in a one hour trip, trying to figure out who's gonna lead the dang trip.

Graceland itself? Not amazing, if you arent a fan of elvis. Most of the trip involves listening to recordings on a radio headset during a walking trip, but it was somewhat interesting, I suppose.

Not much to say here. Left at 6:30 in the morning, got home at 3:30-4:00 in the afternoon.

Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » OT » Equinoxian writings (Reviews, notes, updates, might be here.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: