Fr, 29.March.24, 1:55 AM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Equinox, Ilovedogs2  
Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » Stories » Tales From the Lands of Mithryn: The Magick Thief (A story snippet from a book I'm writing. Recognize any of it)
Tales From the Lands of Mithryn: The Magick Thief
NevermoreDate: Th, 29.September.11, 11:29 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Checked
The first thing I remembered seeing was a field of fiery poppy flowers, blended with heather and lavendar. This image is mirrored by the sky as the sun set behind the mountains and one or two stars began to peek out like chidleren beneath the covers of the bed trying to catch a glimpse of their parent's nocturnal transactions. The second thing I remember is the boy and his grandfather. His grandfather wasnt long for this world, and he knew it. He wanted to share this sunset with his grandson. The pair had eyes the color of white ice, no doubt a part of their magical heritage. The grandfather had copper skin and long hair that seemed to flow like quicksilver. His face held many lines of laughter. The boy's own complexion was much fairer, due to his own pre-dispostion to hide from the burning fingers of the sun. His hair was short, since he was only twelve years old at the time. He has all the scrapes and bruises you'd expect from a kid his age. It was silent until the stars came out of their secert hiding places, giving the appearence of a lighted city in the sky. The old man spoke first, "I used to want to take down the stars from their lofty homes and string them together to make a necklace for her." The boy was silent for a moment, sure his pappy would have more to add. Instead, those piercing ice-white eyes roved the starscape.

"Why didnt you?" asked the boy.

The old man stares at the sky for a moment more before saying, "Oh I dont know, kiddo. I guess its because I thought it was a silly idea at the time." The old man laughed and then said, "Of course, now I wish I had, now that she is gone."

The call of nightbirds begin, which I found myself joyously joining in on, of course only one person was aware I was there, and it was the old man whom I served. The servitude was only a temporary thing, or at the time that is what I had thought. I had grown a fondness for the man, became that close servant who is able to blur the lines between servitude and friendship. I sigh thinking of Lamain Quicksilver and I's adventures. But that is a tale for another time and tome. It seems my mind has wandered as it is wont to do in my age. As I said the night birds had just began their songs, the crickets a prelude to the crescendo of their orchestra. The old man and the boy listened for some time longer to the symphony of the night.

Lamain spoke once more, "Kiddo, in a few days, you will inherit this family's legacy. Your powers will begin to blossom in your Soul Well, and I will probably be dead by then."

The old man stipped when the boy let out a small gasp. It was obvious that though the boy knew his pappy would die sometime, he didnt know it would be so son though. When the boy had better control of himself, the old man continued, "Jaison, you wont be alone. You will have myself and al of your ancestors to guide you, not to mention your fathers wisdom."

"But pappy, I dont want you to die! Your Lamain Quicksilver! You slayed the Shadow Wyrm! You tamed the terrible Fire Dragon, Aganaki, banished the Legion of Night! Your just too damned pro-" The boy's sentence was struck short by his pappy's hand across his mouth.

"Don't you swear boy. What did I tell about that?" Lamain said.

Ilovedogs2Date: Fr, 30.September.11, 9:36 PM | Message # 2
A bored admin
Group: Co-Dictators
wow...

NevermoreDate: Fr, 30.September.11, 10:21 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Is that good or bad cry

Ilovedogs2Date: Sa, 01.October.11, 0:32 AM | Message # 4
A bored admin
Group: Co-Dictators
Good

NevermoreDate: Sa, 01.October.11, 10:38 PM | Message # 5
Major general
biggrin awsum.

EquinoxDate: Su, 02.October.11, 7:42 PM | Message # 6
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Group: Administrators
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, I forgot to give you the CS of the first of the Makinta family, for you to use in your story.

Too late now.

If you have any usage for lizardmen later on, could you possibly fit in Xephox? :3

If not, you can tell me no btw nevermore, you're a bro, I'll be fine.

NevermoreDate: Su, 02.October.11, 10:42 PM | Message # 7
Major general
I don't know if they'll fit, lol. If so, they'd be in the Swamps with a swamp witch... Perhaps that's the swamp your lizardmen arise from....

EquinoxDate: Su, 02.October.11, 11:03 PM | Message # 8
Possibly.

Perhaps they rise from a mistake of the drows?

NevermoreDate: Su, 02.October.11, 11:23 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Hmm I was thinking more like the witch creates them to protect her swamp? She makes this swamp coyote thingy to protect her.

EquinoxDate: Mo, 03.October.11, 1:12 PM | Message # 10
Hmm, let's see, that would be a good idea to explain why people always make lizardmen bad people. biggrin

If Xephox is going to die in the book, make sure he goes down with several bodies. >:(D

NevermoreDate: Mo, 03.October.11, 11:59 PM | Message # 11
Major general
I could write a book on Xephox, but in the one I'm writing right now, I already have a set plot and stuff, so he'd only be able to cameo.

EquinoxDate: Tu, 04.October.11, 11:13 AM | Message # 12
No problem.

As long as I can prove I got a character with a developed personality in a book, That's cool.

Also, are you guys actually going to publish it as a actual book, Or keep it as a personal story To share?

NevermoreDate: Tu, 04.October.11, 11:43 PM | Message # 13
Major general
I'm the one writing it, I plan on publishing it. I'll mention you many times. "This is for, C*** K*** and Nick. They helped me so much, they each have a character in the book."

EquinoxDate: We, 05.October.11, 11:16 PM | Message # 14
Are you going to put last names in, because no one's going to believe any of us if it just says "Nick".

I can go to barns and Nobel and look for a random book with credit to a guy named Nick, doesn't mean it's me.

If you do put last names in, Put A. as the middle name. I can tell you for a fact that out of all 34 Nicholas' in Arkansas, I'm pretty much the only one with a A middle name.

Sorry if I'm being pushy bro. If you've got a problem with any of it just say so, I've been pushy lately to a lot of people.

NevermoreDate: Th, 06.October.11, 11:16 PM | Message # 15
Major general
Nah, no worries mate, lol. I'll put your guys' last names with middle initials and even go farther on to explain why.

EquinoxDate: Th, 06.October.11, 11:25 PM | Message # 16
Mmk, thanks.

Makes me feel good that at least you people are giving me a chance to try and lessen my dick act.

NevermoreDate: Fr, 14.October.11, 11:30 PM | Message # 17
Major general
I've never considered you a dick.

EquinoxDate: Fr, 14.October.11, 11:53 PM | Message # 18
Because I haven't acted like one to you.

And with everyone I talk to, more and more, I get more immature and stupid.

I'm starting to calm down thanks to the soothing of the full moon yesterday, but Since tomorrow is going to be the roughest soccer game we're playing this year, I'm probably going to come back pumped up and raging.

NevermoreDate: Sa, 15.October.11, 1:35 AM | Message # 19
Major general
I don't doubt you couldn't be a dick if you wanted to be. Anywhosy.... Good luck at your game.

EquinoxDate: Sa, 15.October.11, 9:45 AM | Message # 20
Thanks.

Half the team we're playing is ROTC, and the leader of the team is the ROTC coach too.

NevermoreDate: Sa, 15.October.11, 11:07 PM | Message # 21
Major general
Ouch, which ROTC?

The wastelands are a brilliant place to live. Nobody looks for you if you live there.
Ever.
-
You're like a frozen cactus.

EquinoxDate: Su, 16.October.11, 11:21 PM | Message # 22
Which ROTC?

I have no idea, it's just most of the ROTC team.

I sprang my ankle playing against them too. Because of adrenaline I didn't feel anything until I sat down on the bench.

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

NevermoreDate: Mo, 17.October.11, 1:47 AM | Message # 23
Major general
No, I mean which type, Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force?

The wastelands are a brilliant place to live. Nobody looks for you if you live there.
Ever.
-

EquinoxDate: Mo, 17.October.11, 11:11 AM | Message # 24
I'm guessing Army? I don't know, I'll have to ask my friend Micheal, he's a ref there and he's in the same regiment.

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

NevermoreDate: Mo, 17.October.11, 10:24 PM | Message # 25
Major general
Mkay.

Ever.
-

Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » Stories » Tales From the Lands of Mithryn: The Magick Thief (A story snippet from a book I'm writing. Recognize any of it)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: