Tu, 23.April.24, 5:56 AM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Equinox  
Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » Just blah... » Top 5 Best and Worst Characters other people have made (The most controversial list ever.)
Top 5 Best and Worst Characters other people have made
Dillon0909Date: Tu, 10.June.14, 4:21 PM | Message # 1
Commander
Group: Administrators
Okay so, same policy as top 5 best and worst couples. I will not make my list until someone else does. However, I'm going to do the intro and the rules.

A little while back I did a list called the Top 5 Best and Worst Characters I've made. Now, the thing is though, these aren't always my favorite characters. Sometimes other people just make other characters. After all, it takes only two to rp, and when we have several active people we tend to get some truely great and truely believeable characters, and some we have to question the other persons sanity. Now, obviously there are some strict rules here. So here they are.

1. One character per thread

2. One character per PERSON (If you don't want to do that see rule 4)

3. You need to do at least two lists, a Best and a Worst list

4. If you feel like you have to you can do a separate best worst list for specific people. Then by all means do that, nothing says you can't.

5. As always you do not have to do a top 5. There is a min of a top 3, but no maxiumum this time, though it would be prefered if you stopped at 20

6. Most important rule: These are all opinion based, we are all late teens, or early adults, we should act as such and respect other peoples opinion. If you don't like it, to damn bad, you have no choice but be mature and respect their opinion.

With those in mind. These are the Top 5 Best and Worst characters not made by other people.

I love Spooky Crap :D

EquinoxDate: Tu, 10.June.14, 7:34 PM | Message # 2
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
-Best characters list-
3. Marshal Walker (Retaliation) (Toxic)
For once, one of us actually made a pacifist. Granted, it is in a thread that isn't all about explosions and fighting, so there's that. But one way or another, this is, I think, one of the only pacifist characters on the entire site. For that, I feel at least some noticeable enjoyment in seeing this character exist.

2.Rachel (Isle of Zanna) (Dillon0909)
I really do like this character. The character may have some holes and personality oddities, but overall I really enjoy this character. Not much to say here unfortunately.

1.A tie between Scott Throgmorton and Ellena Foresta (Fantasy wars) (Raz and Narutard, respectively)
Both of these characters are so well developed, and neither of them are stereotypical characters by any means. Both are surprisingly original and bring a fresh wave of ideas with them, and they fuel the thread extremely well in their own regards.

-Worst characters list-

3. Gypsy (Operation Bird Kids:New Beginnings/Operation Bird Kids) (Spetsnaz)
I had a hard time finding a three and two honestly, I don't dislike many characters, and I have no dislike towards any other people's characters even close to Number 1. For this one, it's in number 3 simply because he's just a drunk with tons of weapons, who acts like he has Multiple Personalities. Or PTSD over some really weird situations. One or the other, I can't tell.

2. Kero (Pokemon Minds) (Anchorage)
The only reason I dislike this character is that he's such a massive step above every other character in the thread. Most others have one, maybe two pokemon, none of them are really that strong, and then there's this character here with a team that's nearly competitive grade material. And he actually got accepted once he changed out the legendary for another fully evolved pokemon. I never checked, but I think at least two of his pokemon broke the rules in terms of level requirements for their evolutions.

1. Venida Phantos (Freaks) (Made by Dillon0909)
God I hate this character so much. Not because of any aesthetics or plot, but because of how dense the fucking character is. Every single action of hers, and every single thing that happens every step of the way is "Hurr durr my father did dis 2 me, I dun wanna hav nuthin 2 do wit him, her luk at thiss xpensive ting he scinseman who aktually luv me gav me bcuz im evl father's dauter hoo got xperiment on, muhc difrent then uthers whoo got xperiment on 2, but i dun wan be spessial"

And on top of that, whenever met with a completely logical argument or obstacle, she immediately disregards it because she's the main character and others will just forego their own long-lived logic and fall in line at the first logical denial she throws out. Hell, I had to force a draw with my character bloodmane just because she refused to be overpowered to someone with "IMMENSE STRENGTH" While she has nothing of the sort listed. Because the main character can't fucking lose.

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 10.June.14, 8:32 PM | Message # 3
Commander
Okay first off OW. Second off, thank you for participating with the worst, now please do a best soon, that was my requirement, a Best and a Worst list. Third off OW!

EquinoxDate: Tu, 10.June.14, 11:06 PM | Message # 4
I plan on it, I just need the time to look. I had to leave not long after I finished the list.

EquinoxDate: We, 11.June.14, 0:52 AM | Message # 5
(Alright, finished making best characters list, edited it onto my other list.)

Dillon0909Date: We, 11.June.14, 0:57 AM | Message # 6
Commander
Aww Thnaks for the Number 2 slot Equi biggrin Okay then I probably should do my own soon.

EquinoxDate: We, 11.June.14, 1:07 AM | Message # 7
If we could have multiple of the same thread, I would have replaced Rachel with Zelton. He wasn't quite number 1 spot, but he couldn't be in the number 2 spot, so I settled for a different character of yours.

Dillon0909Date: We, 11.June.14, 1:15 AM | Message # 8
Commander
Well I do have a rule that if you like multiple characters made by a specific person, you can make a seprete list specificlaly for them.

Though now I'm kind of curious though, because Zelton's kind of an asshole...(Admitally that's the point, but...still) Why did he almost make the list?

EquinoxDate: We, 11.June.14, 1:22 AM | Message # 9
Good flow with other characters, conjoining through a well made backstory that goes with the story itself. It's the same reason I have the tie at number 1, I just like him a bit less because of a few personality holes.

Dillon0909Date: We, 11.June.14, 10:39 AM | Message # 10
Commander
Best:

5: Marcus (Kingdom of Polexia-Anchorage): Marcus is actually kind of a standard I hold for Anchorage. This character was nice, he was really coplex, and actually better than my own character on his thread. Truth be told, Marcus is the most badas characters I've ever seen, let me explain why. He knows his limits, he knows that compared to Reagan and hell even my character he'll get his ass kicked. But he tries anyways. That takes so much balls, that I can't help but be impressed

4: Razerel (Isle of Zanna/Raz): I like this guy, I really do. He's actually very complex, and very nice. Hell the only time he was what Raz usually rps, was because my character was an idiot. I can explain more, but to be honest I don't really have to. I just like this guy, he's super awesome.

3: Equinox (Fantasy War/ Equinox) : Like with Raz's character I don't have much to say. I really like this guy, for the same reasons that Equinox likes Scott and Ellie. Inspite of a few personality flaws (Though I'm one to talk tihs is the same thread where i INTENTIONALLY made my characters an asshole) Equi is a super nice guy, but is not a pansy in anyway. I kind of respect that about characters. I hope he countinues the trend.

2. Angelica (Angels vs Demons/ Ilovedogs2) : This one was HARD. Okay, everyone knew that ILD and Narutard were going to take the number 1 and number 2 spot. I have nothing against any of the other people on this site, I just tend to somehow rp with them the most. So, it eventually came down to Angelica, and who was number one on my list. And by a VERY small margin my number one beat her.

However, with that said, this is the character I miss rping with the most since ILD went missing. This is the character I missed the most ever since AVD was put on hiatus. Angelica to me is the true definition of a complex character, which is why I like her so much. I hope ILD comes back so we can all go on AVD and rp together again.

1. Marci (Superhero/Supervillain RP (and Remake)/ Narutard): Good....LORD!!!!! Let me just explain why I had to start with this reaction. I rp with Narutard the most, not intentinally it just kind of happens, so I sat down and thought ILD was easy, Angelica. Then I can to Narutard, and said "Okay, who is the best out of all Narutards characters" There is a reason why I didn't do my list right off the bat people, I was still struggling with who topped all of Naru's characters. The blind badass of AVD Backstreet Brawls: Adelaide? The super awesome pirate time godess Reagan from Pirate Island and its Remake? The super princess Elle from Fantasy War?  Either of the two love intrests from Country of anna? The elegent vampiress Emenlyn from the Remake? GOOD GAWD!! Choosing between every character I'ved rped with Narutard pulling them in a line and asking which one was better, took me the entire DAY to do. But eventually, the champion stood, the rest saw their better, The Queen of the Shadows, Marci.

Now let me explain why she not only is Number 1 out of Narutard's characters, but Number 1 out of any characters, beating what many would have thought would have been my number 1 Angelica. I truely think Marci is Narutard, at her best. I truely think that Marci is the most complex, the most developed, and the most intrigueing. Another reason is, even with some of the characters on this list for one reason or another, I would have done them slightly diffrently, key word being slightly. I can't SAY that about Marci. I can't say that about Marci at all. Marci is Narutard's character, and I can't think of how she could be done better. You know want ot know how awesome Marci is? I made the remake, a sequal, just so I can have Marci in the thread again. 

Worst:

5. Clara from Magical Souls/Narutard: While i will always say the reason magical souls failed was because I made my main a complete asshole, and I still lsay he's the main reason. However, no one in that thread was innocent. Clara became a pretty decent icemantress character, into a TOTAL BITCH. Seriously, I think that thread holds the record for the most Dillon Rage speeches.  I hated this girl, she was obnoxius, she probably would have been number one, but no one in that thread was innocent and I still say I was doing worse with Shadow. 

4. Soildger (Superhero/villain rp just original): Yet another character saved from being number one. Hell he almost didn't make the list due to the remake, however, as good as Soildger is in the remake. (And trust me Rax, Soldger seriously got redeemed in the remake in my eyes) I did not like him in the original at all. I found him to be the epitimy of Psyco Raz. Psyco Raz is refrence to a stype that Raz rps where the characters are lunatics. Most of the time its charming, this was not one of those times. Seriously, I really avoided rping with Raz on that thread, because I didn't want anything to do with his character. Like I said the remake really made him better, and i'm so glad for that. But the crimes of the original must not be ignored.

3. Emily (Pirate Island/ILD2) : You know everything Equinox said about Venida. I have one counter argument with her comepared to Emily. At least Venida, TRIED. Emily did not. Emily was an idiot, because even with a pretty decient plan, she still did nothing. Reading back, the only thing tihs girl did was waste time.

2. Kero (Pokemon Minds/Spetz): Like with Equniox I didn't like this character, because he was to op for my tastes. Just actually pretty much it 

1. The Teenager (Alterria Warriors/Equinox): Okay before everyone labels this as just revenge for Equinox putting a character on my Best characters I've made list at his number one. It's not. I will accept that Equinox didn't like the flaws of Venida and it ruined the thread for him. I'm an adult, I cant ake that.

This character is number 1, because he was so unlikeable to me, he became the first character that made me QUIT a thread. Whenever I quit threads it's because of something I'm doing. I quit Alterria Warriors, because I hated this douchebag so much. I do not care, if he had a sympathetic backstory, I do not care if I was rping a criminal so assholeness was expected. Actually hold up, Assholeness should not be expected from a guy rping a criminal. Counter arguments to the way I was doing things could be expected,  heck that's what Equi's toher character did, distrust should be expected, but assholeness? Screw that, that should be expected for someone rping a criminal. That should not be expected, because no one should be threated that way. Anyways back to Dick, as I named him because I never learned his name. When Dick got attack I almost cheered, that how much i hated this guy

EquinoxDate: We, 11.June.14, 1:43 PM | Message # 11
I made the teenager specifically to force you to quit that thread, so other characters could move on with their lives. Your character and your slight inactivity at the time was slugging the thread down. I was hoping you'd kill off your character to spare us, and not kill the thread entirely, but I suppose that was an oversight on my part. I'm glad I got number 1 on the worst slot, and I feel no harsh feelings towards you at all.

PS. I'm not surprised naru and ild secured 1 and 2 best, and I'm sure no one else is either, as you said.

Dillon0909Date: We, 11.June.14, 1:53 PM | Message # 12
Commander
Well I'm glad you took that so well. But I still get the last laugh because your plan worked TO well XD.

Also, I knew no one would be surprised that those ILD and Naru would take the #1 and #2 spot, I was just lampshading it XD

EquinoxDate: We, 11.June.14, 2:22 PM | Message # 13
When I found my spot at number 1 there, I was actually quite happy. If I ranted on one of your characters and the vice versa didn't happen, I'd feel like an ass.

Dillon0909Date: We, 11.June.14, 2:34 PM | Message # 14
Commander
Dude it would have been fine.

EquinoxDate: We, 11.June.14, 7:10 PM | Message # 15
Either way, we need other people to make a list on this one. I feel this thread is a good place for true constructive criticism, on what to keep doing, and what to stop doing.

AnchorageDate: We, 11.June.14, 10:21 PM | Message # 16
Colonel general
Group: Users
i dont even think i have enough characters

let's camp in the forest with harmonicas and nature's harmonies

RazDate: We, 11.June.14, 10:41 PM | Message # 17
Commander
I hate to many characters, it would just be a hate thread, most characters I hate are actually mine.

Dillon, Razarel from Isle, I fuckin' hate him, and Soldier from Super Heroes and Super villains, he wasn't psychotic, he was going to large strides to prove he could stand on level field as the other heroes and villains due to everyone treating him as a weakling, if you go back and read, my guy was pretty much treated like a gnat.

Persona Non Grata

NarutardDate: We, 11.June.14, 10:47 PM | Message # 18
The Reaper of Threads
Group: Co-Dictators
Imma need some time

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

EquinoxDate: We, 11.June.14, 10:48 PM | Message # 19
It took me a span of two and a half hours to make mine Naru, take your time.

Dillon0909Date: We, 11.June.14, 11:04 PM | Message # 20
Commander
@Anchoarge: DUde you can use dead threads. I do

@Raz: Sorry I just think the opposite, but like I said before I think Soildger got a huge redemption in my eyes in Superhero/Supervillain rp. But if you want ot hate on yourself, I have a thread for that

@Naru Go ahead and take your time, I don't care. Shocked you with Marci as #1 huh?

@Equi How are you doing XD)

EquinoxDate: We, 11.June.14, 11:18 PM | Message # 21
Excellent Dillon, how have you been?

Dillon0909Date: We, 11.June.14, 11:22 PM | Message # 22
Commander
I'm fine. Wiating for mor lists for ether thread XD

EquinoxDate: We, 11.June.14, 11:48 PM | Message # 23
Great to hear, great to hear.

NarutardDate: Th, 12.June.14, 1:13 AM | Message # 24
The Reaper of Threads
Group: Co-Dictators
Top 5 Best
5)Scott - Fantasy Wars - Raz
Ahhh I love this new thread, it's so wonderful! Elle, Scott and Equi make such a strange but beautiful Trio and Scott just makes it fun. It's still his usual sarcastic, caustic Scott, but he's funnier and more well rounded, as well with a tragic backstory waiting to be discovered. I enjoy rping with this character immensely.

4)Ike - That one thread yeah <3 - Toxic
Ike...it was a long, long time ago when I rp'd this thread. Back on Roblox to tell the truth. I had so much fun in this thread and I enjoyed role playing in it just as much as I loved AVD. What made it fun was Toxic's main character, Ike. He was so well developed as a character and he never let go of his goals or sights, he never slipped out of character and knew where his heart was, even if it lead to darker paths. I was deeply saddened when Toxic deleted these threads because I loved them.

3)Carson - AVD - Dillon
Don't even get me STARTED on Carson. Bad guy gone good in the best kind of way. I always, always was searching for ways to get to RP Carson and Nana. I loved it all so much. Honestly Dillon, he was the best character you ever made. He was well developed, rounded, sinister but caring. His love for Nana ran so deep in make my heart ache to think about it. His devotion to his ideals was astounding. Just. I love Carson.

2)Harold - Child's Battle - ILD
Most of you haven't ever seen this thread, in fact none of you have. Though she never gets on very much anymore, ILD still gets on from time to time to RP with me and my favorite thread is Child's Battle. It's grown up so much and it's come a long way and not stopping anytime soon. Harold is...the best. A kind father, a loving husband, a trusted king, and a ruthless fighter. His heart is golden. He has flaws, but even when Rea fell sick and all he wanted to do was cry, he held on for her. He fought for her. He's amazing.

1)Rhaine - AVD - Creation
I believe this one is granted. There from the beginning, that is what Rhaine and Creation are. Though Creation released the reins, Rhaine(lol I punned) will always hold a special place in my heart. Though he wasn't the strongest or the bravest, he was always there. Maybe he didn't wear the pants in the ReaganxRhaine relationship but he supported her all the same. And he loved Sein. And boy does he love his daughter. I just...I love Rhaine.

~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I'm sorry. There's only one character I've ever really had a problem with and that would be Horace or Rebel from Welcome to Hell. A character made by Dillon. I made Welcome to Hell with the mindset that it was actually going to be hell for quite a while but within three posts Rebel was blowing that up and walking around like her owned the place. He carried himself with an attitude that a prisoner wouldn't dare to carry and that made me mad on a number of occasions. So sorry Dillon, but this is truly the only character I had a problem with.

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

AnchorageDate: Th, 12.June.14, 1:21 AM | Message # 25
Colonel general
Group: Users
dang i wasnt on either list

let's camp in the forest with harmonicas and nature's harmonies

Role-Playing Place » The Neighborhood » Just blah... » Top 5 Best and Worst Characters other people have made (The most controversial list ever.)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: