Sa, 20.April.24, 9:44 AM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Ilovedogs2, Narutard  
Role-Playing Place » The Between » The Resurrection Pit » ~^Search for the Sacred Candies^~ (A story I had started...wanna see what it's like as a forum)
~^Search for the Sacred Candies^~
NarutardDate: We, 03.August.11, 9:14 PM | Message # 1
The Reaper of Threads
Group: Co-Dictators
In the world of Candyland the deserts are made of flavored sugar and the grass is green twizzlers. Peppermint Sticks tower over your head and white chocolate rain pours from the sky. The clouds are made of cotton candy and snow is ice cream. Mountains of fudge topped with whip cream explode and pour molten chocolate from their lids. And people live here too, they live in gingerbread houses with lawn gnomes made of Dots and Whoppers. They are ruled by King Willy who lives in a sugar cube castle. It was in that castle that the six sacred candy of resided: Lollipop, Bubble gum, Caramel, Skittles, Jolly Rancher, and Cotton Candy. But they weren’t just candy, they were people as well. They were the six children of King Willy, and they were born to try and bring back the six candies that had disappeared so many years ago. But their rivals, the Gingerbread Men, are striving to get to the candies first, and are willing to do anything to get it.
...Story So Far...
I stared in the mirror at myself, judging my Cotton Candy pink hair and Cotton Candy blue eyes. I had on a deep, midnight blue tunic and black leggings, but all that did was draw more attention to my more dominant features. No one really noticed my abnormally pale skin, or my rounded pink lips or freckled cheeks, all they saw was my eyes and my hair. Sometimes they would comment on the Cotton Candy scent that magically followed me everywhere, but it was always my hair or my eyes. And for me it was worst because I was 18 and oldest, so everyone expected the most out of me. Then again, it was the same with all my siblings: Lollipop for his bluegreen hair, Bubblegum for her hot pink hair, darker than mine, Caramel’s caramel skin and his obsession with caramel colored things, Skittles could never keep her emotions hidden because they were betrayed by her hair, and Jolly Rancher, who’s eyes shone with every color a Jolly Rancher could possess. No one really understands us except ourselves, not even our father, King Willy. I sighed and picked up a brush, brushing my hair back into a ponytail. I wrapped a cloak around my shoulders and went to wake my younger siblings up.
I shook Jolly’s shoulder roughly and he fell out of bed. I smiled and moved to the others. Soon they were all groggily awake and I smiled. My part was done. All of a sudden, the door burst open and sixteen Gingerbread Men burst into the room. My eyes widened and I drew my sword in a flash. “What are you doing here?” I ask, and they just smiled. A suspicious smell filled the room, but before I could help it, the ground was rushing up to meet my face. Blackness filled my vision and I fell unconscious.
I gazed out the forlorn window before me at the sloping dunes of the desert. Beads of sweat dotted my skin from the heat and my throat was parched. I didn’t want to get up to get water though, I wanted to sit here and look out forever, waiting for someone to spot the random tower in the desert imprisoning me. It hasn’t happened yet, and it’s already been a month. But a month is long enough to grow me an entanglement of vines made from nerds rope that should lower me down to the flavored sugars of the desert below me. But I would wait for nightfall, just in case one of the Gingerbread Men decided to take a trek out here to check on me. Not likely, but still. I laid my cheek on my palm and stared out again, watching the sun now, waiting for it to fall beneath the horizon.
The sun had turned a bloody red and I smiled. I stood and gathered the nerds rope, preparing to throw it out of the window. I looked out and around to check for Gingerbread Men. Clear. I tossed the rope out the window and pulled myself out. My cloak billowed in the hot wind and I pulled my hood up, covering my obnoxiously cotton candy pink hair from prying eyes. I dropped down to the ground with a hollow thump and peered around, making sure no one was still watching. Still clear. I gathered the rope up and slung it over my shoulder, beginning my long trek back home.
The hot wind pushed against me as I walked through the desert. I paused to take a long drink of nectar from my canteen. The sweet drink soothed my parched throat and revitalized my energy.
I kept walking. The end of the desert was in sight, but still far off in the distance. I upped my speed to a jog, glad I was in my usual black tunic, leggings, and running boots. My hood fell back, exposing me for who I was, but nobody was around to see. Thank the fates for that.
I hid in the shadows of the brush lining the road outside the desert. All was quiet here; it was the dead of night after all. I pulled my hood back up and moved onto the road, keeping my head down.

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

NarutardDate: We, 03.August.11, 9:15 PM | Message # 2
The Reaper of Threads
There was next to nobody on the roads, just a farmer transporting his goods. The brown cow was plodding along, struggling to pull the heavy wagon. I smiled to myself and walked behind the farmer, keeping my distance
The farmer turned and shot glances at me more than once. Finally, he stopped the cart and turned on me fully. "'scuse me m'am," He said with a heavy country drawl. I stopped as well, careful to keep my eyes down. "What's a girl like you doin' walkin' these here roads this late at night?" he asked. "Just trying to get home sir, I said, raising my head to look at him. He gasped in shock and fell back, gazing up at me with wide eyes. "You're...You're...Cotton Candy," He whispered in amasemet.
"I am," I said. He tried to say more, and failed. "I was stolen from my castle a month ago and have just escaped my imprisonment. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't tell anyone you've seen me," He nodded quickly, standing back up and brushing himself off. "Miss Cotton Candy, m'am, let me take you to the nearest town," he said, smiling sheepishly. I smiled. "That would be wonderful, thank you sir," I said. He nodded, smiling widelyn now, revealing his many missing teeth. I winced inwardly but said nothing.
I was now sitting comfortably in the back of the wagon, eating a home grown cinamon apple. We were now headed for Cobler, the nearest town on the map. I was planning on buying a horse there and heading for Ambrosia, the capital city of Candyland. I was finally out of the clutches of the Gingerbread Men, but it was now up to me to rescue the rest of my siblings.
Luckily for me, the man knew how to keep his mouth shut. I thanked him and left, sulking through the streets of Cobler for a horse vendor. Eventually, I found one and without consequence, I was galloping out of town and towards Ambrosia.
I ditched the horse outside of Ambrosia. It was the middle of the day and the city was bustling with life. I made sure my hair and eyes were hidden and ventured in. Even here I wasn’t safe from Gingerbread Men. I moved quickly and without consequence through the lively streets and within 45 minutes I was standing at the foot of the castle.
“M’am, I’m going to have to ask you to step back,” A guard said, stepping forward. It was now that I looked up, my hood falling backwards. The guard gasped and it was then echoed back by the surrounding people. Around me, every person fell to their knees, bowing to their returned princess.
A few hours later I sat before my father, waiting for him to speak. I had just relayed my story to him. He sat on his throne, staring at me with calculating eyes. “You…have done well my daughter,” He said at last. I bowed my head. “Thank you Father,” I said automatically, as I had been taught to do. He shook his head. “This is a family matter, leave the formality with the royalty,” He said. I nodded. “I know where the others are, but they are hidden well and far away, and I’m sure each of them has gaurdians now that I’ve escaped. Not only that, but they will be monstrous and nigh on impossible to defeat…” I looked up at him. “We need a quest/”
Father nodded. “Yes, it seems so. Candy dear, it’s time to climb the Mountain.”

NarutardDate: We, 03.August.11, 9:15 PM | Message # 3
The Reaper of Threads
~^Cotton^~
I looked up the mountain, biting my lip. Up there waited Enali, the dragon of legend, to deliver the quest. I sighed and pushed my pink hair behind my ear. I took the first step and grasped the rock in front of me. Slowly, I began to make my way up the mountain.

Sometime later, many hours at least, I reached the top. Cooly, I pulled myself up into the enormous cave. Even after that I wasn't sweating. I ventured into Enali's layer.

~^Enali^~
I looked up, blinking lazily. I yawned widely, my sharp teeth glistening in the fire light. Someone was visiting. I curled up, my scales rippling with different shades of purple. I let a narrow, concentrated flames light the brazer in the middle of the room and settled down to wait.

When the human finally did enter, I found myself opening my eyes from sleep again. A girl, no older than 18, stood before me, looking up bravely. What a strange one she was too. Hair like spun silk, but a light pink. Her eyes were a soft and gentle blue, and sweet like candy. But the way she held herself in front of me: arms on hips, lips pursed, eyes staring straight into mine. I liked her already.

"What brings you to my cave?" I asked, crossing my legs and laying my head upon them. Her gaze followed mine

"I am Cotton Candy," She said, her voice strong but light. I smiled.

"The eldest sacred candy. I assume you've come about your missing siblings?" I asked, knowing all to well. A dragon like myself knew many things. She froze, her mouth open.

"I...Yes," She said, finding her voice. I smiled. Finally my chance had come.

"Five people will join you upon your quest. And myself of course. This is much, much more than just seeking control of the sacred candies," I said. Cotton stared at me for a long moment.

"You will...join our quest?" She asked. I nodded, as did she. "Then who are the five we look for?" I wwatched with amusement as she pulled over a jewel encrusted stool and sat in front of me. First person I'd ever met to be so brave right next to me. I relit the brazer and settle down to explain our quest to her.[/size]

Now, Enali and Candy and the other five questers are set to start their quest. You can take one of the remaining five candies if you wish, but first the five quester spots must be filled. I hope this doesn't die...

Rules-
No ubering
No godmodding
Geez, don't troll...

CS
Name:
Personality:
Appearance: (If you are one of the candies, your appearance has been somewhat supplied)
Items:
Weapons:
Bio:
Other:

Aideu

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 03.August.11, 9:32 PM | Message # 4
A bored admin
(lol...)

It's time.

NarutardDate: We, 03.August.11, 9:51 PM | Message # 5
The Reaper of Threads
(You say lol alot...)

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 03.August.11, 10:07 PM | Message # 6
A bored admin
(my usual entrance into an rp.)

It's time.

NarutardDate: We, 03.August.11, 10:11 PM | Message # 7
The Reaper of Threads
(Haha, but you like?)

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 03.August.11, 10:28 PM | Message # 8
A bored admin
(yup...joining)

It's time.

NarutardDate: We, 03.August.11, 10:32 PM | Message # 9
The Reaper of Threads
(Yay :D)

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 03.August.11, 11:45 PM | Message # 10
A bored admin
(yup.)

It's time.

NarutardDate: We, 03.August.11, 11:51 PM | Message # 11
The Reaper of Threads
(*whistling*)

Ilovedogs2Date: Th, 04.August.11, 0:07 AM | Message # 12
A bored admin
(the cs will come later when I get on a computer.)

It's time.

NarutardDate: Th, 04.August.11, 0:09 AM | Message # 13
The Reaper of Threads
(Okz, well, I have Cotton and Enali...and others if no one takes)

ToxicDate: Th, 04.August.11, 1:06 AM | Message # 14
ToxIke
Group: Moderators
(Holy shit. Wasn't this a story you made a while back? It looks interesting.)

I am only one, but I am one.

NarutardDate: Th, 04.August.11, 1:28 AM | Message # 15
The Reaper of Threads
(Yeah, I made it a few months ago...now I wanna see what an RP does)

ToxicDate: Th, 04.August.11, 1:49 AM | Message # 16
ToxIke
(My brother is about to get on, so once I get back, I'll read.)

I am only one, but I am one.

Ilovedogs2Date: Fr, 05.August.11, 0:11 AM | Message # 17
A bored admin
(let me do that cs...)

It's time.

DepressedDuckDate: We, 24.August.11, 9:45 AM | Message # 18
The man with no frontal cortex.
(I just found this.
I am filled with the strong sense that this should not die. It's clear you worked a whole lot on this.)

Added (23.August.11, 6:53 PM)
---------------------------------------------
That's why i'm joining. I hope this doesn't die as well. It got close once.
CS
Name: Steve Terra.
Personality: He is shy, and prone to panicking. He has a high boiling point, but if he's mad...RUN.
Appearance:His jeans are torn, and his purple shirt is a little too big. His shoes also are worn, and his light brown hair in shaggy mess on his head. His skin is as white as paper, and pale. His eyes are grey-blue.
Items: A plank of wood.
Weapons: See above.
Bio: He was just walking along in his hometown, when all of a sudden, he felt like he was falling, the world spun...
And he landed on the Twizzlers grass.
Other: Nothing much.

Added (24.August.11, 7:45 Am)
---------------------------------------------
(Don't let this die. D:)

Walk without rhythm

NarutardDate: We, 24.August.11, 5:54 PM | Message # 19
The Reaper of Threads
(I have to wait for ILD...)

DepressedDuckDate: We, 24.August.11, 6:21 PM | Message # 20
(I understand.)

Walk without rhythm

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 24.August.11, 7:14 PM | Message # 21
A bored admin
(sorry...)

It's time.

DepressedDuckDate: We, 24.August.11, 7:14 PM | Message # 22
(No problem.)

Walk without rhythm

NarutardDate: We, 24.August.11, 7:20 PM | Message # 23
The Reaper of Threads
(Can you make that CS now?)

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 24.August.11, 7:29 PM | Message # 24
A bored admin
(no...grrr.)

It's time.

DepressedDuckDate: We, 24.August.11, 7:30 PM | Message # 25
(Whynot?)

Walk without rhythm

Role-Playing Place » The Between » The Resurrection Pit » ~^Search for the Sacred Candies^~ (A story I had started...wanna see what it's like as a forum)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: