Fr, 26.April.24, 11:03 PM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Equinox  
Role-Playing Place » Archives » Summer(June-August) 2012 » The Trinity of Talius (That's the name of the land, if you didn't know.)
The Trinity of Talius
EquinoxDate: Mo, 25.June.12, 1:43 AM | Message # 26
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Group: Administrators
Did you hear that Dexio? He's trying already.

Hold your grip to your side boy, we need not to kill him yet, he is not showing corruption in the flow of his words.

So, his compliment was of pure speech?

Essentially, yes.

Then I guess he gets to keep his hands.

You said you'd only takes his hands if he touched her.

I lied.

"Hey everyone, come on in!" Varus said, as he stood by a one floor log cabin, with no windows, and a single door.

"Did you make this yourself?" Ray asked, as he entered, Dexio right behind him.

"Yes I did, and it took, hmm, I think about a week of on-off work."

"Impressive, it looks nice."

"Definitely. It's a bit squeezed together for such a large looking home, but I have two beds in my room, two beds in the other room."

I swear, if he invites her into his room-

"I think for the sake of privacy, me and Ray should stay in one room, while, Trintilla was it?"

"Yes." She confirmed.

"-Can sleep in the other one."

"Dexio, who will you be resting inside of for the night?" Trintilla asked, curious.

"Since you are alone in your room, for protection, I shall stay within you."

"OK, just do not wake me with your hauntings, Dexio."

"I promise, I will do my best not to."

"You better."

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

EquinoxDate: Mo, 25.June.12, 1:52 AM | Message # 27
It was night now, and everyone was sleeping.

"Are you ready, boys? She's in here, easy slit, kill, run."

"Ready as always, let's go."

They slowly opened the door, and snuck into the home.

"Jericko, examine the doors, see who is in each room."

A tall but skinny rogue walked up to the left door, and examined it. He then turned to the right door, and examined it. He backed away from the doors slowly, to his colleagues.

"Left door is two men, right door is the girl, alone."

"Jackpot, Heheh."

They went up to the right door, and slowly pushed it open.

One drew his knife, and approached slowly, while the other two waited by the left door.

the one with the knife hits his foot against a loose nail, cracking his big toe's nail.

"Pffff-f-f-" He squirmed out in pain, trying to hold back from yelping.

Trintilla hears a noise, and wakes up. She slowly leans up, and looks. She catches sight of the man, and screams.

Upon hearing the scream, The Ray and varus get up and run for the door. As they run out, the two rogues tackle them and begin to tie them up.

The man with the knife approaches Trintilla, as the continues screaming, trying to cover herself with a small white pillow, in fear.

He raised his knife, and brought it down.

Blood splattered everywhere.

Ray looked up, in horror.

A dark, curved blade had appeared through the back of the man's chest, from Ray's view.

"Surprise, bitch."

As the man's gasping body slid off his blade, he slowly floated towards the two men.

"How does five seconds to run, sound?"

EquinoxDate: Mo, 25.June.12, 4:18 PM | Message # 28
Without a word, the two men attempted to run.

"Five."

They split up around the house, one running left to the forest, one running right to the inner town.

"Four."

One reached the forest, and continued running.

"Three."

One had made it to mid town.

"Two."

The one who went right, attempted to break into a house and hide.

"One."

The left bandit stopped behind a tree. He looks around the tree. He sees the shadow move across the town in the distance, going far left, instead of towards him.

"Hmm, looks like he can't find me.."

He turns back, and a blade pierced his stomach, through the tree.

"Nice to meet you, this is my blade."

He retracted his blade, after traveling through his body, picking through his memories, taking his memories, and then leaving his body.

The man slumps over, braindead, unable to function, while his body spurts out blood from his chest.

He began to search the man's memories he had taken.

"So, you thought you could hide from darkness in the darkness? How foolish."

EquinoxDate: Mo, 25.June.12, 11:54 PM | Message # 29
The other man, had broken into a house, and had a young girl at restraint around the neck, his knife at her neck.

"Stay back! You go out there and tell the demon to leave, o-or I kill her!"

"Please, please don't!" the woman begged, crying her eyes out, practically.

"You bastard-"

The magical light orbs on the ceiling lost light instantly, flickering on and off. Soon, a massive buzzing sound, as if you had gone deaf, began ringing in the thief's ears.

He loosened his grip, and covered his ears.

"GAAAH, MY EARS!"

The girl squirmed out and ran to her mother, who embraced her, with fear of the man still. The father ran towards the thief, but stopped, as the shadow of the man began rising, taking 3D form. It took full form, and wrapped around the thief, as the lights went out completely. For a moment, all that could be heard was the sniveling of the woman and her now crying and scared daughter.

The lights came back on after a few more flickers, the sound of the man being choked filling the air. Once the lights came back fully, Dexio was behind him, strangling him to death. He let go before the man died, and let him drop to the floor, spitting up blood.

"His windpipe is cracked, if he moves too much, the cracked bones will slit his own throat." Dexio informed them, before pushing the man on his stomach, so the girl did not have to watch the horrific death of the man.

"W-Who are you?" The woman said, in even more fear, but she knew now, who he was.

"It is good to see you again, Yula."

"Thank you for saving my d-daughter, but, who are you?"

"It's me, Dexio. I became a Dark spirit unfortunately. But, I have options, still."

"I apologize for the past, but if you still want revenge, please spare my daughter and husban-"

"I have no need for revenge anymore, the only motive I have now, is the cleanse the world of its greatest scum. One of them being this one here, who had first tried to assassinate the princess of Talu."

"They ran all the way here?"

"No, her and her young guard are with Varus for the night. He had two partners in the attempt. One didn't make it, after I took him out in the midst of his attempted stab, towards her."

"is she fine?"

"Yes."

"Did the other escape?"

"No, his body is behind a tree. You'll recognize it, when you see a slit through the entire tree."

"You have become much stronger since you disappeared, I see..."

"Yes, it was an unfortunate demise, but I see you found a family to raise her."

The husband spoke up. "You mean HE was the man you had Isabel with?"

"While he was human, yes Gerald."

He extends his hand to Gerald. "Nice to meet you."

He was hesitant to touch his hand.

"I don't have any form of decay or death's touch, do not worry." He said, laughing afterwards, as Gerald slowly shook his hand.

"Perhaps we can speak more in the morning, I must return to the others."

"It was nice seeing you again Dexio, I hope we can meet again under better conditions."

"As do I." he said, as he picked up the body of the still alive man, and disappeared in a puff of shadows.

-End of chapter 2-

EquinoxDate: Tu, 26.June.12, 0:54 AM | Message # 30
-Pre-chapter 3-

-Meanwhile, back at the house-
"This demon you people are with is quite the character."

"Yeah," Ray stood up, untangling himself from the untied ropes. "He's been very useful in this journey, although he has caused some trouble himself."

"From what I remember, you two were the ones getting caught and attacked." Dexio said, as he appeared, carrying a body.

"We were trying to protect Trintilla!"

"Well you failed horribly."

Ray just remembered her, and walked in the door slowly.

"Hey princess, are you OK-"

"Hey, don't come in!" She said, covering herself in the covers.

"Oh sorry, my bad." he walked out, and closed the door, his cheeks red with embarrassment.

"trying to sneak a peek already, Ray?"

"Shut up Varus..."

Both Varus and Dexio laughed.

"We should get back to sleep, it's pretty late at night still."

"The bodies are going to stink this place up pretty bad."

"I'll take those out, you two go to sleep." Dexio said, picking the other body up.

"What happened to the third one?"

"He's sitting in the forest, taking a rest against a tree."

"You didn't."

"Right into his chest."

"Nicely done."

"Thank you, I made him think I went the wrong way, and waited until he looked away."

And so, they went back to rest.

EquinoxDate: Tu, 26.June.12, 1:36 AM | Message # 31
-Chapter 3:Damn it Dexio-
Upon waking that morning, the house was surrounded by rioters.

"Ugh, what is it this time..."

Varus walked outside, then backed up, closed the door, and walked backwards, into the room with ray, and woke him up.

"What..."

"We've got a lot of people with torches outside."

"What for?"

"I don't know."

Ray walked outside.

"What."

"Give us the demon!"

"There is no demon here."

"We have confirmed witnesses on the matter." A man in fancy elven armor of forest green and black color said, walking up.

"You're the general we're looking for, right varus?"

"Correct."

"Then, can you take us to the king? We came here with urgent news."

"What."

"Talu has been destroyed by a massive army of undead, the centaurs have beeen corrupted with darkness, and we are amassing an army to defeat the undead. And since the elves can dispell corruption with their adept spell casters, we came here first."

The general began thinking for a moment.

"Everyone go home, and you two, come with me."

"But we need to wake up the princess, and get her to come as well."

"You have the princess with you as well?"

"Yes, is that proof enough?"

"I'll move your issue up to priority, I can wait for her, I suppose."

EquinoxDate: Tu, 26.June.12, 10:05 PM | Message # 32
-About ten minutes later-
Trintilla walked out of the home.

"Rise and shine, princess." The general said.

"Who are you?"

"General Yarlin, Second hand to the king. I handle public affairs and war issues."

"Nice to meet you, but why are you here?"

"You fellows are going to meet the king about your kingdom."

"Oh...right..."

"Is she alri-"

"Let's just go General, she has loathing to do still." Said Ray.

He nodded, and headed on.

-About fifteen minutes later-
Trintilla taps Ray on the shoulder.

"Yes princess?"

"What happened to mom? you never went for her like the man requested."

"I-" Ray just realized it, he had never went to save the queen, he just grabbed Trintilla and ran...

"I'm sure she escaped, she knew about the escape passage, I'm sure she had found another as well."

"You're right, thank you, Ray." She said. In the midst of the gloom, she still managed to smile at the thought of her mother escaping.

"No problem."

EquinoxDate: We, 27.June.12, 0:39 AM | Message # 33
"Here we are, the castle is right here."

They stood before a large stone castle, with towers and everything. It looked completely abandoned, vines all over, trees growing around it, but that was probably the idea behind it.

"This is it?" Dexio said, appearing beside Trintilla on her right.

The general jumped back in fear. "This is the demon they spoke of?"

"The one and only, nice to meet you."

"You have good manners for a demon."

"I didn't ask to become one, why act different just because I'm stronger?"

"Interesting, what were you doing killing those men?"

"They were thieves of unholy intent, I was simply exterminating the darkness, like I always do."

"Interesting, a shadow boxing the servants of the shadows."

"If you wish to call it that."

"Anyways, we should go in now, and you should hide again."

He turned into a orb again, and disappeared in a buff of shadows.

"Fancy." He pushed open the doors, and led them inside.

"Welcome to Virin Grassal castle."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 29.June.12, 1:31 AM | Message # 34
They walked in, unto the absolute beauty of the inner sanctuary, known as Virin Grassal.

The walls were all made of some kind of perfect, shining white bricks.

The seats were made of the finest wood ever laid eyes on. Just looking at it, no unfamished markings, no unpolished specks, the pattern from whatever tree the wood came from, was seemingly non existent. A large golden trim, pure white door, with the finest of orange metals, making the door handle's grip.

The group looked around in awe. Even Trintilla, was amazed at the beauty of the castle.

"I-I've never seen such an amazing-Just-wow..."Trintilla couldn't find the words to explain her amazement at the castle's surprising interior. It was as if this, where they stood right now, was the pearly afterlife.

"Come, we must see the king urgently. Once he has been filled in, you can admire the building all you want." He ushered them through the golden-white doors, and the king, who sat behind a veil of light, stood up from his hidden throne, also engulfed in a barrier of light.

"Welcome, prospectors, what have you come seeking?"

"Aid for our kingdom."

"Ah, well that is unfortunate, we no longer provide aid to other races in times other than war that could effect us."

"Our land has been destroyed by necromantic forces, the centaurs have been corrupted by the on-coming corruption that is spreading once again, and we fear the elves are our only hope to stop the corruption, not to mention your kind are sensible enough to aid us, if we truly need it, which we do."

"Hmm, that is quite troublesome."

"Yes, it kind of is." Said Dexio, appearing from behind Trintilla, floating above her from her shadow.

"Gah! A demon of the shadows! In my palace!?"

"Fear not, he has aided us plenty, and we trust him."

"But he is a demon of the shadows, and should be removed like one."

"He was forced to become one a millennium ago, when the undead forces had previously invaded the lands."

"So, you are unwillingly a demon of the shadows, then what are your intentions as a demon, now?"

"Ironically, to purge the unclean with my knowledge of the shadows."

"A noble cause it is, but how did you get past our light barrier?"

"I can infuse myself in the body of a willing ally, and hide my presence to even the strongest of magics."

"You are an interesting creature, perhaps when this war is all said and done, you can tell me more about yourself, perhaps fill me in on things that have happened before my time, in the last thousand years."

"It would be a honor, as long as we are still standing, when it is over."

"Well said, now back to the topic.."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 29.June.12, 1:45 AM | Message # 35
"Seeing as your cause is just in forms I do not even have to request, I have but one question."

"Yes?" Ray asked, diligently.

"What happened to Garen?"

"My dad...didn't make it. He was attacked by assassins while we were talking about personal issues..."

"Damn it, did any other royalty or high forms of military survive the attack?"

"Not that we know of, but my mom is missing..." Trintilla said, increasingly softly.

The king was an old man, but he had a heart. He knew that the travesty that had befallen her was an unforgivable deed, and that those who had wronged her, should expect death. And not swiftly, either.

He slammed his staff from behind the veil as he stood up. "I will lend you five light guards and five spellmasters to aid you in your quest when you decide to leave, but please come back to inform me when you do."

"We will, Sir." Ray said.

"One question," Trintilla spoke, quietly.

"Yes?"

"What material are these walls made from?"

The king laughed a hardy old laugh at the question.

"Pearlstone, of course! We have tons of it in the mines, heck, we could forge you all the finest armor possible with pearstone, if it was actually a strong ore."

"I also have a question." Ray inquired.

"Speak."

"I wish to train among the best of your swordsmen, and learn from them."

"Ambition...Your request has been granted, nineteen paces right and two paces north from the exit, and you'll find the armory, attatched to the training areas."

"Excellent."

"And what about you princess, what do you plan to do with your pasttime?"

"Could I possibly read with a few of your scholars, and learn what I need to learn, to give us a tactical advantage in the future?"

"Intelligence...Your request has been granted, fifty seven paces right, and you'll find the library, attached to the mages hall. I'm sure you'll find much to study there."

"And dexio..."

"Yes?"

"Would you mind staying here and speaking with me for a bit?"

"I would be honored to."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 29.June.12, 1:53 AM | Message # 36
-Later-

At the armory, Ray was studying and testing out all forms of weapons, studying the effects of them on certain armor, and learning what is best for what situation.

He also learned basic enchanting and spellsword skills, during this time.

He learned to make his own armor, and what was required to make many forms of armor and weaponry, and the conditions that were required to make them.

At the library, Trintilla studied dilligently, learning magic and tactics, learning the art of war, and everything about it.

She learned battle positions, and advantages of certain set ups, under certain conditions.

She learned about conditioning for situations, and she learned many magics and adapted the ability to enchant, over the weeks.

At the castle, Dexio, spoke with the king about everything he knew, discussed philosophical things with him, and was humored by the intelligence of the king.

The king was able to be intent on learning, to the point that Dexio could not answer enough of his questions, and yet the king was intelligent enough already, that he considered philosophical points to Dexio, that he had never imagined attempting.

He was very interested in the king's intelligence, and likewise.

They all enjoyed their time at the kingdom of the elves.

Unfortunately, it had to end at some point.

EquinoxDate: Fr, 29.June.12, 1:59 AM | Message # 37
"It was fun meeting you fellows and fighting with each of you, but I believe it is time we parted our ways."

"It was nice knowing you Ray, we hope to fight along side you one day."

Ray gave a two finger salute to the soldiers he had trained with for weeks, as he left the training building.

"I enjoyed learned along side you, madam, but I'm afraid we leave today."

"That is quite a shame, you were such an intelligent little girl. Oh well, go out and spread your intelligence to the world child, and lead the races to victory."

She hugged the old woman who ran the library, and left.

They both met up with Dexio at the king's throne room.

"Ah, good to see you are both ready! I have a few things I will be sending you each off with, and I believe you two will be very happy to see your assistants." He clapped his hands, and the gate behind them opened.

The knights Ray had trained with, and the scholars Trintilla had learned with, were standing at the gate. Brutus, Vallin, and Tracks stood in the Crimson Dragoon armor with their weapons, walking up to ray, in confidence and power.

Trintilla ran up and hugged one blond haired tall elf, about in her early to mid twenties. They were Yimma, Yumma, and Yamma, the Yaga sisters. Yimma had blond hair, Yumma had Brown hair, Yamma had Green hair.

"Looks like it's not goodbye yet, Ray." Brutus said. with a smirk.

Ray looked at his three allies in combat, and him and Brutus stood before each other, and slammed palms together in an arm wrestling fashion.

"Hah! Looks like it's going to be a good trip after all!"
-End of chapter 3-

EquinoxDate: Fr, 29.June.12, 10:29 PM | Message # 38
-Pre chapter 4-
"What do you think you're doing, you two?"

"That's our greeting. You never know when you might encounter a shape shifter who becomes one of us two!"

"Right..."

"Well, we should get going."

"What? It's entirely possible!"

"Brutus.."

"What?"

"Now is one of those times we should consider not talking."

-Previous ideas for chapter 3-
*Idea 1
The king slams his staff on the ground.
"Guards! Surround them, do not let the demon escape!"
The king aims his staff forward, and from behind the light veil, he blasts a missile of light at Dexio, who gets hit directly.
"DEXIO! DAMN YOU!"
Ray drew his blade, and stabbed the general through his chest, and charged towards the king, diving through the light veil at him.
The light veil only managed to cover up the gruesome scene that was the death of the king.
Ray's blade violated the body of the king in ways no humanoid warrior should ever see.
In his rage, the veil becomes black, and drops.
"For Dexio!"Ray went charging into the mob of elves, slashing away at them with inhuman speed, his blade removing everything in his path in a single sweep.

*Idea 2
"HALT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING BRINGING HUMANS, VARUS"
"I'm leading them to their deaths, obviously." he said, with a dark laugh.
Archers burst from trees all around them.
Darkness among us Ray, every single one! Stronger than the Centaurs!
Dexio, can you shadow fuse?
Well, yes, but how will that-
Do it.

-Rest of this idea cut off, so I don't reveal anything I might wanna use later :)-

EquinoxDate: Sa, 30.June.12, 0:20 AM | Message # 39
-Chapter 4:This is the worst idea ever.-
They were traveling down the jungle road, the Yaga sisters leading the way, when Brutus turned to Ray. "Oh ray, I forgot to tell you about the stuff they gave us to take with us?"

"Please tell me it's food, I forgot to bring any."

"Uh.."

"They didn't give us any food, did they?"

"No."

"Damn it, I can't even wander on a blasted road for a-"

"Ray, they gave you Crimson Dragoon armor and weapons like ours."

"That's nice, but how will it help?"

"They came with a bow and an enchanted quiver for the princess."

"What's so enchanted about it? Does it make enemies life disappear before their eyes?"

"Very funny. No, it has an infinite supply of arrows. You pull out one, another is in it's place."

"I can see how that will be useful for hunting."

"Yes, I'm glad they gave that to us, us dragoons wont have an easy time-"

"Wait, did you call me a-"

"That's right, you're a dragoon now."

EquinoxDate: Su, 01.July.12, 1:35 AM | Message # 40
"Well it's quite the honor. I don't know what to sa-"

"Try thank you."

"Alright, tha-"

The ground began to shake.

"Shit, what's going on?"

"Hide!"

They ran to a bunch of trees and hid, as a giant pair of legs went down the road.

"Was that a...giant?"

"Unfortunately."

"How are we going to kill it?"

"Well-Wait, are you mad?"

"What do you mean?"

"We can't just KILL a giant! He's...giant!"

"One trip up and he's dead."

"And probably us too."

"We'll just have to take that chance, c'mon."

EquinoxDate: Su, 01.July.12, 1:39 AM | Message # 41
"Ray-"

Brutus was cut off, by Ray running off.

Brutus sighed.

"We better hurry and catch up..."

-Later, at a large cave-

"So, this is the giant's cave, huh?"

"No, this is his stepping stone."

"What do you mean?"

"Several more caves are on top of this one in a staircase fashion, up to the giant's throne."

"He has a throne?"

"Built by the goblins with the gems and gold they stole over the years."

"that's a LOT of gold."

"Unfortunately..."

Brutus cringed.

"...But, the person who slays the giant will be awarded the riches of the throne."

"That's..."

"A lot."

EquinoxDate: Mo, 02.July.12, 1:31 AM | Message # 42
"We can do this! Onward!" Ray rose his sword up, but Brutus grabbed his sword arm.

"I think you'll need your new armor and blade first."

"...Good idea. Give me uh..."

Ray looked around, and found a couple of bushes and trees close together.

"Just a moment."

-One moment later-
Ray walked out in the Crimson Dragoon armor.

"I feel stronger already! Alright, let's go kill a giant!"

"This is insane, but I guess we can try."

"Wait, what about the Princess?"

"Trintilla, didn't you learn some fancy new magic things?"

"Yes, and the Yaga sisters can help me remember, just in case."

"Good to hear, let's get going."

Ray looked around.

"Having problems, Ray?"

"Uh, yeah. One question."

"Yes?"

"Where did the giant go?"

"Down the Eastern path, but he turned off the road."

"How can you tell?"

"There's a trampled path of trees on the east road."

"Pfft, that could mean...anything!"

"Like?"

"Like a...giant!"

"Just give up Ray."

"OK."

EquinoxDate: Tu, 03.July.12, 1:33 AM | Message # 43
-Later, at the cave entrance-
"So, this is it?"
"Yep."
"Then let's go."

They crouched down, and quietly walked along the right wall, weapons and spells at the ready.

"Any sight of him?" Brutus whispered to one of the masked dragoons beside him.

"I have yet to spot it-"

"What is it?"

"I see it."

The ground shook, as the creature walked out into the open.

"I believe it sees us too. RUN!" Ray yelled, running farther right to get an attention angle on it.

They began to circle the giant, as the creature's features are now visible in the moderate lighting of the cave.

It was basically, a giant cyclops.

"That doesn't look like a giant..."

"Shit, it's a cyclops!"

It's eye glowed yellow, then red.

"LOOK OU-"

It fired, right at Trintilla and Brutus.

He dove forward, hitting the heated fire blast head on. He landed, on one knee.

"Fire-enchanted armor." Brutus yelled over to Ray.

"Nice, now it's getting fun."

Ray spun his new blade, and charged towards the beast. It turned, and looked at him.

EquinoxDate: Tu, 03.July.12, 1:44 AM | Message # 44
"Eat this!" He dashed forward, and slashed the back of the right foot three times, spun around and hopped on the cyclops foot, digging his blade into it's foot, as it raised its leg. He held onto the handle tight.

"Oh man, I didn't sign up to ride cyclops feet! Get him to put his foot down, and not slam it!"

Trintilla launched a fireball at it, the fireball was only as big as both of your fists put together, though.

It hits the side of the cyclops' head, merely enraging it. It put it's foot down in distraction, in which gave Ray the time to withdrawl his blade, and get away from the foot, before the eye glowed again.

Trintilla had to run for dear life, to escape the wave of fire that came from its eye. Brutus and Ray looked at each other from each side of the cyclops, and nodded.

One of the Dragoons looked at Brutus.

"Are you sure about doing that?"

"We have no choice."

"Suicide isn't the answer to killing it!"

"We're experienced with this, we wont die."

"You may not kill yourselves, but it sure will."

"That's just the chance heroes have to take."

"Don't be a hero, you two-"

They went charging towards the beast.

EquinoxDate: We, 04.July.12, 1:23 AM | Message # 45
They ran under it at high speed, clashing swords together. They pushed against each other.

"What the Valu are they doing?" Trintilla asked one of the Dragoons.

"The spellsword combo."

Their swords burst into flames as they pushed back at each other, rebounding backwards, and running up the legs of the cyclops, sticking their blade into it whenever they needed extra balance.

"Are they going to..."

"Yes princess, they are going straight for the head."

"You two are insane! Be careful!" She yelled up to them. Brutus ran up the left of it, Ray ran up the right.

They met at the head, in which they dove forward, blades meeting tip to tip at an impossible forward stab, tip of each blade meeting, as they Then slip them downwards, Stabbing them into the head. The tips touching had caused a climax of fire as they swung, the blade cutting through with ease. As they dove down from the giant beast, they stuck their swords in it, and drug their ways down.

As they reached the feet and withdrew their blades, the beast fell. The others began to cheer, as the two raised their blades, the flames disappearing from them.

"They actually...They actually did it..."

"What was so hard about that, Dragoon?"

"They have to land blade tip to blade tip forward stabbing, and as you can guess, with flaming blades, when they miss, they don't live long enough to try again."

"I can see how that would be dangerous..."

"Yes, but they did it somehow.."

Trintilla ran up and hugged Ray. "How did you do that?"

"I don't know, it was just...instinct."

"What do you mean by instinct?" she let go, and looked up at him as she backed up.

"It just..happened."

EquinoxDate: Th, 05.July.12, 1:54 AM | Message # 46
"You're telling me, you became that accurate and powerful, by instinct?" Yumma said, walking up.

"I guess. Something just clicked inside, and I knew what I had to do."

"Interesting..."

"What is so interesting, Yumma?"

"You may just have the instinct of the Monster Hunter."

"Monster hunter? Like, those guys who kill giant monsters for a living?"

"Yes. They are also extremely hard to kill."

"I'll have to speak with Dexio about this, he may know something about this."

"Alright. We should get going, the stench will overwhelm us."

"Shall we go turn in for the reward?"

"That would require us to stay in town and indulge in our riches. I'm afraid not. Perhaps we can all survive this soon-to-be war, and return to the elven lands, to have our riches, however."

"Sounds like an agreeable plan."

"Then we should get going. Dragoons, let's go!" Yumma yelled over to the dragoons, who were standing triumphantly at the dropped cyclops.

"OK..."

-Later, at the edge of the forest-

"Is that a desert I see?"

"Unfortunately. That, my friend, is the Goboi Desert."

"Why's it called that?"

"Because of the great Goboi."

"What's a great Goboi?"

"We'll see when we find one. Just..be careful about what's real and what's a mirage."

"OK..?"

EquinoxDate: Fr, 06.July.12, 0:10 AM | Message # 47
-Later, at Gobile village-

"I can't believe we made it here without a single hitch?" Scoffed Ray, spinning his blade in his left hand.

"You sound disappointed." Vallin said, from under his plate helmet. He always wore his helmet down for some reason.

"Because I know we can easily take anything in this desert."

"What's with the newfound confidence?" Brutus chimmed in, curious.

"We slayed a giant! If we can do that, we can do anything?"

"Except fight an army of skeletons."

"We're not too far from that."

"What do you mean?"

"We're going to ally with the summoners in the Lands of Gobi, right?"

"Them and their Fire giant slaves, yes."

"Slaves?"

"I would say Allies, but they're basically Slaves. Summoners best them in battle, they have to serve them forever."

"Aren't fire giants immortal in age?"

"Some say they are also unable to die in combat, but there's no way that's true."

"I obviously, they're way smaller than real giants."

"But they have the fire element mastered."

"True, but still. They aren't even giant."

"They're bigger than anyone-"

"Human."Dexio cut in, still out of sight.

"-Human, that we know."

"Yeah, true."

"Why does dexio not like the desert? Is it because of the light?"

"The people of the Desert would only see him as an illusion, so his main weapon, fear, is not a major factor here. Thus, he is far weaker."

"Ah, that makes sense."

EquinoxDate: Sa, 07.July.12, 1:36 AM | Message # 48
They entered the town through the unguarded gate.

They looked around, unable to find anyone.

"Wow, looks like this town is really DESERTed, huh?"

The group was silent.

"No?"

"No." They all answered in unison, except Tracks. Tracks was always quiet.

Ray looked back at Tracks.

"Hey tracks, think you can find out what happened, and where everyone went?"

"My nickname is tracks for a reason."

He kneeled down to one knee, placing his left palm on the ground.

He was silent, eyes closed.

A moment later, he rose.

"They're here, just hidden to us."

"What do you mean?"

"The town is magically barriered, no one can see them until they allow us to, or we gain the ability to."

"Can they see us, though?"

"Yes, but they just walk through us."

"So, it's a ghost barrier?" Ray looked around, curious.

"Basically."

Two men in red robes appeared at the gate.

"How did you discover the town was barriered?"

"I'm Hylan "Tracks" Jamesfield, nothing eludes my senses."

EquinoxDate: Su, 08.July.12, 1:51 AM | Message # 49
"Impressive. Now, what do you want from our village? Gold? women? Because if so, we have an easy rebutt-"

"No, we came seeking help against the undead's mobilized forces."

"The undead have been dormant for ages."

"They've already corrupted the centaurs." Ray spoke bluntly.

"And destroyed my home, and killed my father!"

"And who are you, young girl?"

"Princess Trintilla Talu!"

"Wait.."

The guard pondered.

"The kingdom of Talu was destroyed by undead?"

"No survivors found as of yet..."

"Who are you then boy, he never had a son."

"Rayvus, I am a simple paige to Draven Valik, iron blade guard captain."

"And you other 6?"

"We three are dragoons, and those are the Yaga sisters. We come from the elven kingdoms as representives of this righteous act."

"Very well, you can enter our barrier."

People in red robes faded into vision everywhere. Everyone wore a crimson red robe with yellow linings, except the guards who wore full red.

"Our Lordship's castle is in plain sight, up north."

"Thank you sirs." Trintilla said with a bow, and they left.

EquinoxDate: Mo, 09.July.12, 1:35 AM | Message # 50
As they approached the gate, two pikemen blocked the stairs with their pikes.

"None pass without permission." The left one spoke.

"We have permission from the gate keepers." Ray remarked.

"What kind of business?"

"War."

The guards went silent, and withdrew their pikes. The group entered the castle's gate.

The king looked at them through the waterfall of sand blocking vision of him.

"What is it, I am busy!"

"We have important news involving forced war."

"What do you mean by forced?"

"Our kingdom of Talu was destroyed by the undead army, the centaurs were corrupted, and the corruption spreads. We need the power of the summoners to assist us and the elves in war. We were also informed your people may have access to war-trained fire giants."

"That is correct."

"And...We would like to request you assist us in this war."

"You have my assistance."

"Just like that? No strings attached?"

"Why would I have a problem waging war against the undead, they're all over the desert, putting an end to them would be a great pleasure for me and the merchants that travel the sands."

"Thank you sir...?"

"Garron Rallick."

"Thank you King Rallick."

"The pleasure is all mine. Feel free to travel the town and see if anyone wants to join you on your little expedition."

"Yes sir."

They began to walk out.

"Wait!" The king yelled to them.

"What are my orders for the moment?"

"O-Orders?"

"Yes, what should my army be doing right now?"

"Oh, For now, just prepare your men for war, we will return and request your armies when the time comes."

"Alright, good luck, Warrior of Stone courage."

Role-Playing Place » Archives » Summer(June-August) 2012 » The Trinity of Talius (That's the name of the land, if you didn't know.)
Search: