[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
Forum moderator: Creation100  
Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » The Future » The Star Children
The Star Children
EquinoxDate: Tu, 22.September.15, 3:31 PM | Message # 1251
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Group: Administrators
(Who the hell is holding the tape recorder that's playing "Thousands of guns clicking their safety off"? Because Either that factory is pitch black or there's more dark corners in that room than a grim dark fantasy RP where every character is sitting in their own dark corner alone.)

Well, I lost them. That's great.

I wonder what Mari's doing right now.

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 22.September.15, 4:44 PM | Message # 1252
Commander
(Carl and Nova are surrounded by armed Krogan's with guns) 

"Ooo that's pretty neat" Cravage responded "Have to keep that one my little lab rats" He laughed "See I don't get why my former lover is so secretive. This is how corruption breeds, through lies and deception. I'm going to be point blank blunt with you. You are here to lead my bastard son, bastard as in son out of wed lock not bastard as in douchebag, into a trap. I'm going to capture all of you, and take you back to where you belong, in a lab where your body will be tested and it feel like your own personal hell." 

He then revealed his agility by grabbing Carly's wrist before she could react and then tossed the gun against the ground "And a word of advise...if you gotta shoot, shoot...don't talk" His grip felt like a vice, before he tossed Carly into Nova knocking them both down.  "I can tell you're gonna be difficult so here's my offer, either submit to me or I kill the girl cowering on the floor. You've already lost poor Gunter...imagine losing one more" 

"She's not losing anything" Outcast said as Cravage turned looking at him. "Father..." 

"Ah my annoying little accident of birth control" Cravage said turning himself. 

"Leave em alone" Outcast responded "Now" 

Cravage laughed "Aww that's cute, i mean when I was spying on your ship I thought "There was no way that Zane would ever develop any sort of feelings for anyone but himself and his tech" " He than smirked and mocked "To much like his mother...hard enough to go far, but not strong enough to go far enough. Heard you ran into her a planet back" 

"I did..." Outcast responded "How do you know so much" 

"When we attacked your little desert home I had my boys toss a tracer on your ship. Your little robot did delete your mother's tracers mine..." He smirked "Not so easy" The Krogan Emperor turned and looked at Carly and Nova. "You're gonna try and save them aren't you?" 

Outcast's hands sparked "Yes!" He heard guns being aimed and he hesitated. That hesitation cost him as Cravage used his agility to hit each one of his pressure points it was take to bring him down and knock him unconcious.

Cravage motioned his hands and said "I'll take my son in for personal testing, and by that I mean I'm going to beat him until his skin is as blue as water" He smirked "Get the ladies prepared for their new homes in the labs"

I love Spooky Crap :D

NarutardDate: Tu, 22.September.15, 5:51 PM | Message # 1253
The Reaper of Threads
Group: Co-Dictators
(No, Equi's right. There's no way you snuck thousands of Krogan's in their without Carly noticing. It's unfair and blatantly ignoring my specific chosen powers. Again. And I'm getting real fucking tired of it. Let's go over it again shall we?

Carly was made to be a hunter. Her ears can hear sounds no one ever dreams of hearing, better than dogs, cats, she has falcon hearing. She can hear someone's heartbeat across the room, stepping through the dark, their blood runnin through their veins.
Carly has super vision. She can see up to 2, 3 miles away on a bad day, 20 on a great one. Nothing gets out of her sight, HENCE why she has perfect shot.
Carly can run up to 25 mph and jump 20 feet in the air. Because she's made with some kangaroo.
Carly can effect emotions. Terribly and she's still figuring the power out but c'mon.

Stop ignoring my powers YOU approved)

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

EquinoxDate: Tu, 22.September.15, 6:14 PM | Message # 1254
(To be fair, I don't think you ever specified how good her hearing was. We've already established you can see shit super good though, like people hiding in the dark. Which is what threw me off, if there's a ton of guards just hiding in here, how did the person with super vision never see any of them?)

Meanwhile, Mari had ran off to another side of town, wanting to get away from the bloody massacre going on. She stumbled into a coffee shop, and sat down.
"The hell's going on out there?" One scared male patron, too scared to go out and look, asked.
"A lot of death, don't go outside right now." She said, trying to catch her breath. Normally she wouldn't be winded from a run over here, but it was hard to keep her breathing steady after her first time seeing innocent people die.
"Who the hell's killing out there? I bet it's the damn officers!" One rather angry male patron said increasingly loudly. 
"It ain't the fuckin' officers, I bet it's wonna them experiment kids. Star kids or whatever they are." A different patron stated.
"Why the fuck would they be killin' people? Officers are probably shooting people just to draw 'em out! Them Star children are largely rebels the moment they get freedom, we the people are their allies!" The angry patron stated once more.

NarutardDate: Tu, 22.September.15, 6:55 PM | Message # 1255
The Reaper of Threads
(I'll agree I didn't put it in the bio or power description or whatever but Carly has told Nova in the past. I think the description was "I can press my ear to a building and hear anything within")

Ilovedogs2Date: Tu, 22.September.15, 6:59 PM | Message # 1256
A bored admin
(I figured out my stupid question. But I agree, even Nova would have heard thousands of people walking in.)

It's time.

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 22.September.15, 9:54 PM | Message # 1257
Commander
(@Narutard: 

1. You never have made it clear she had super hearing

2. I already established you were surrounded before and you had no problems then. However, you suddenly have problems now?

3. Barring all that, and trust those two are pretty hard to ignore this scene was went to create drama...

it was meant to put the characters in danger. Just because something should happen doesn't mean it's gonna. By that logic, if we're doing this correctly, 400,000,000 volts from Outcast should have came out of his hands and he should have fried them with very little effort.

I didn't do that because it creates tension. You don't want characters to always be 100% safe all the time in any thread. That's boring, that's what makes threads die. 

Okay, fine, Carly should have figured it out. Okay, fine...you got that. Here's an easy solution, she didn't have enough time to run, there are drones everywhere so if she did she would just get shot by one of them instead of a Krogan, to my knowledge Nova can't run that fast therefore she'd be essentially a dead woman walking...

I'm not backing down here Naru, there are times where you have to ignore logic for story purposes, if you follow logic all the time when writing a story, than the story becomes a math problem.  )

EquinoxDate: Tu, 22.September.15, 10:00 PM | Message # 1258
(Well the thing is man, you could have just made her notice them, and if she tried to run, she gets captured anyway. You gotta let someone play to their strengths, then fuck 'em over anyways because you want the story to go this way. It's how we've always done it.)

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 22.September.15, 10:38 PM | Message # 1259
Commander
(Okay my previous post i just deleted didn't help my case. I was making a problem that wasn't there. 

I admit..that was a jackass move and that was wrong of me. 

However, I'm still not backing down  )

NarutardDate: Tu, 22.September.15, 10:39 PM | Message # 1260
The Reaper of Threads
(I'm sorry, have I done anything to get in the way of your thread? I'm pretty sure I've just been the sarcastic, caustic character I've made Carly to be, going along with what you want to do and just expecting a little respect for my character in return which I've gotten little of.

And let's make another thing clear. You can have some things that don't make sense, sure, but blatantly throwing logic out of the window makes your writing suck. People don't want to read something they have to read multiple times and guesstimate. Lets analyze your points, shall we?

1. I did. I made it crystal clear. To quote my powers "super vision and hearing" from the get go.

2. I'm typically a relatively good reader. I pick up on things. In no sense did you hint that she was being surrounded, you just said someone, one person hissed. And I thought it was cool that it wasn't Toxic and Carly assumed so and the Cravage or whatever started talking and its that whole "oh shit that's not toxic" realization because that's cool. I don't mind one person. Because it's supposed to be some super general, of course he's gonna be able to sneak around one 19 year old girl. But then you're like AND THOUSANDS OF OTHER KROGANS IN THIS TINY FACTORY and it's like hold up fuck no.

3. Here's the thing I hate. You just write, write interactions and throwing people's characters around and beating them up without giving us a chance to interact or react or whatever. You're just "he picked her up and threw her." That's rude. And controlling my fucking character. "He punched her in the face" "he stabbed her in the gut" no. You don't do that. You write "he grabbed at her, grinning" and typically the person is gonna play along like "cool scales scraped her wrist and her blood ran cold. This was not good..." And then you can throw to your hearts desire because I gave you that contact

So excuse fucking me for being mad about being used and treated like a powerless kid instead of the highly skilled, trained Hunter I made my character to be.)

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 22.September.15, 11:14 PM | Message # 1261
Commander
(1. I said immediately after Cravage revealed himself there were gun clicking. It wasn't until I put the characters into a bad situation that you suddenly have the problem. I will grant you that there were to many guns fine...you win that one. 

However, you don't just ignore that, and then suddenly have the complaint when the situation escalates. 

2. That whole "Cravage threw Carly into Nova thing" ? You've done that to me too on several other threads, and in this one. Don't act all high and fucking mighty because I'm doing what YOU do. That's a double standard and I will not stand for it. It's also not like Carly and Nova were knocked out. You could have oh...I don't know...had her get up and fight back still keeping that precious badass aura. It wouldn't have worked, I admit this, but there were other options besides immediately complaining to me.  

Whenever I write I have a Plan A, and when that doesn't work out I always have a back up plan. A great example was Land of the Dead, I had a cool idea where Mort is beaten to near death during the Demon King battle and earns his redemption because he kept him distracted long enough for Scott to land a killing blow. 

However, that plan didn't work out, so I went with Plan B, and that option lead to another idea that I liked a lot better, and I'm still gonna lobby hard for. 

Quote Narutard ()
. You can have some things that don't make sense, sure, but blatantly throwing logic out of the window makes your writing suck. People don't want to read something they have to read multiple times and guesstimate.

3. Okay...I have been patient about this for a while, however my patience has ran to an end. You just crossed a line. 

Let me be perfectly clear to you. There is being helpful, like you usually are when you want to give out tips. Then there's being an arrogant egotistical fool who thinks that everyone has to write a certain way because that's how she does it. 

I am a blunt writer, it is a both a strength and a flaw. It's a flaw because creative language like imagery and personifications are a weakness of mine. However, where it's a strength is what you see is what you get. When I put someone in a bad situation, it's clear what the bad situation is. 

I was creating drama and tension. I was putting the heroes in a bad situation. Just because I'm not subtle about it doesn't you have the RIGHT to say the way I write sucks. 

I have never said that about you, Equi, ILD, or anyone else. How dare you think you're so damn superior that your way is the only way. 

SCREW YOU)

Ilovedogs2Date: Tu, 22.September.15, 11:36 PM | Message # 1262
A bored admin
(omg calm the fuck down everyone. I can't go between one site and another site that fast.)

It's time.

EquinoxDate: Tu, 22.September.15, 11:38 PM | Message # 1263
(AAAAAALRIGHTY THEN, TIME FOR PAPA EQUINOX TO BE THE DEVILS ADVOCATE FOR BOTH SIDES)

(FIRST OF ALL, NARUTARD, DIDN'T CLARIFY ON THE DETAILS OF IT, AS WE DISCUSSED EARLIER. SO PERHAPS YOU SHOULDN'T SAY "Crystal clear")
(SECOND OF ALL NARUTARD, WAS INSULTING SOMEONE'S WRITING STYLE REALLY NEEDED? CORRECT HIM, SURE, BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO SAY IT SUCKS.)

(FIRST OF ALL DILLON, YOU AUTO HIT A LOT. AND I MEAN A LOT. I PERSONALLY ALWAYS WRITE SOMETHING AKIN TO "I fire at his legs, hoping to bring him down so I can incapacitate him". THAT WAY YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO NEXT, AND YOU CAN CHOOSE TO GO WITH IT OR NOT. YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THAT, BUT WRITING A MASSIVE FUCKING PARAGRAPH WHERE YOU AUTO HIT SOMEONE WITH A MASSIVE FUCKING RAMBLE THROUGHOUT IT WITH NO CHANCE FOR US TO RETALIATE IS REALLY ANNOYING)

(SECOND OF ALL DILLON, YOU'RE PRETTY POOR ON THE DETAILS SOMETIMES.)

(To give you credit though dillon, the hissing thing did turn out pretty cool. The whole "thousands of guns" thing did not.)
(Now WHY THE FUCK IS IT ALWAYS YOU TWO GETTING INTO ARGUMENTS OVER STUPID FUCKING BULLSHIT, I JUST WANNA RP)

NarutardDate: Tu, 22.September.15, 11:42 PM | Message # 1264
The Reaper of Threads
(This is why I hate English, your is your in plural. As in if anyone not specifically you)

NarutardDate: Tu, 22.September.15, 11:44 PM | Message # 1265
The Reaper of Threads
(I wasn't insulting his writing. I've been chewed up and spit out in front of my entire school, reduced to tears before a panel of judges because my writing sucked. I was being general.)

EquinoxDate: Tu, 22.September.15, 11:45 PM | Message # 1266
(Alright, so you're just saying it makes writing suck in general. But still, that throws him in the lot.

Now why the FUCK am I the one being reasonable here? If anything, you'd think I'm the one that should be bitching about fucking stupid shit.)

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 22.September.15, 11:57 PM | Message # 1267
Commander
You know Equi's got a point, we're kind of at each other's throats a lot lately...

EquinoxDate: Tu, 22.September.15, 11:59 PM | Message # 1268
(No dillon, you two start bitching again so I can finally get a chance to bitch too. I WANT MY CHANCE)

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 23.September.15, 0:03 AM | Message # 1269
A bored admin
(Okay you guys. That site is new and I don't want to start off with bitching and on the wrong foot. So say your apologies, make amends, because we're transferring over and starting new.)

It's time.

EquinoxDate: We, 23.September.15, 0:05 AM | Message # 1270
(NO I WANNA PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE THE SHIT OUT OF THEM UNTIL THEY REALIZE HOW FUCKING STUPID THIS IS)

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 23.September.15, 0:08 AM | Message # 1271
A bored admin
(you calm the fuck down too.)

(they'll figure that out on their own.)

It's time.

NarutardDate: We, 23.September.15, 0:09 AM | Message # 1272
The Reaper of Threads
(Look I'm over it, I moved the thread to the new site, this site is killing my data so if you want to continue, I made a thread in OT called arguments so we can fight off of threads and keep role playing while working out our differences. This site is done)

EquinoxDate: We, 23.September.15, 0:11 AM | Message # 1273
(NO, YOU'RE DONE IN THIS TOWN. YOU'RE THROUGH, JOHNNY. FINISHED. YOU'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS TOWN AGAIN.)

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 23.September.15, 0:13 AM | Message # 1274
A bored admin
Someone make sure raz gets on the new site.

I would hate for him to not know.

It's time.

Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » The Future » The Star Children
Search: