• Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Narutard  
Role-Playing Place » The Between » The Graveyard » The Four Regions
The Four Regions
Dillon0909Date: Th, 17.May.12, 3:07 PM | Message # 1
Commander
Group: Administrators
(This was made by Equinox, I can't take credit for such hard work)

Territory Backstory, from the viewpoint of Maokai, the Twisted Treant-
The Lightshield family has controled the pangea known as Valoren for 1000 years, the Lightshields being a race of humans with an apparent suited fetish for bright colors of the golden-yellow variety. The land has been semi-mangled under their control through the years, constant mining and scouring the lands, cutting trees to improve their castles, and build weapons of war they spent more time keeping up to shape, than using in battle! The only time they used the dreaded machines was when bandits were foolish enough to build a fortress, which would end up being rubble within a month, when the machines of war arrived. Us treants and Elves were allowed to live among the humans, one of interest being the Warrior Jax, a leader in combat for the knights. He carried a poleaxe in the most fearsome manner possible, and that fiersomeness was matched by his cruelty. When given orders to collect firewood on expeditions, he would bring entire trees. When told to kill a bandit hostage, he would sever each of his limbs, his head being the final strike. When told to bring down the entire rebellion region...He gathered the power of a hundred arch mages, and destroyed the region. None were spared, not even the children.

Jax remained a loyal advisor to the King known as Brand Lightshield, the oldest king to date, becoming king at the age of 21, and living until 91, when tragedy struck. After the "Auh Tri destructiv", being translated to Great triple destruction, relating to the actions of jax and the arch mages, people rebelled. They believed that one day, what happened there, would one day happen to them and their children. And they were right to rebel.

Jax remained a loyal advisor to the King known as Brand Lightshield, the oldest king to date, becoming king at the age of 21, and living until 91, when tragedy struck. After the "Auh Tri destructiv", being translated to Great triple destruction, relating to the actions of jax and the arch mages, people rebelled. They believed that one day, what happened there, would one day happen to them and their children. And they were right to rebel. Jax had the mindset to set up a forced tax increase, and kill those who could not meet the price standards upon tax day. After learning of the disgusting acts Jax planned to commit, he was tortured and killed. Because he was now dead, leaving the lightshields without a mastermind commander, they were overtaken by the bandits slowly, over the years. Without the Holy influence of the Lightshields, the lands blackened, undead began to surface in areas that were not influenced by the lightshields, and the bandits learned dark magic without restraint, with access to villagers freely to experiment on.

~The Northern Lands~
To the Northern lands is the icy cliffs, known to the natives as Grinjorl. This land has a massive influence, and hundreds of tribes, Light and Dark, are spread about the lands. The bridge to this land is a slippery bridge made of pure, unmelting ice. Many have lost their lives trekking across to this land, so they made ice rails. This only made the fall off much more painful. The typical weapons used there are halberds, maces, and flails. The typical male non-warrior wears pure white clothing, typically with a jacket, but the less fortunate people wear white cloth, made very thick despite the cheap price to buy them. The typical female wears the same thing, but with a jacket no matter what, since the women were more important than the men, for reproduction purposes. All warriors of the North are male, except for a few special prospects. The usual male soldier wears ice enchanted armor, made of pure, unmelting ice. The armor can be broken easily from blunt force, but blades tend to have little to no effect, as the blades simply slide off the armor's slick outside. the armor makes you soewhat mobile, but only the Northerners know how to maneuver in it. To learn how to avoid sliding in the armor, you must learn from them.

~The Southern Lands~
To the South is the endless desert, known as Villa ri Death to the Natives. The land has moderate influence, and lots of tribes of brutish men across the land. The tribes are typically neutral in the light-dark struggle. The bridge to this land is an average wooden bridge, enchanted to never burn or break. Under the bridge is a pit of fire, so although it's not as easy to fall off the bridge, it's just as deadly, if not more. The typical weapons used there are any form of axes. Battle axes, lumber axes, pole axes, anything axe related. Male or female, warrior or not, you wear iron armor. Iron was insanely easy to obtain in this region, so all clothing and armor, is iron. There are no trees, no cows, nothing. The only thing in this land besides the tribes themselves, are savage death worms, giant sand bears, fire giants, and more horrid beasts. This land is by far the most dangerous land, war or not. They can be defeated by any form of weapon, but none are very good, none are very bad. The Southerners excel in fire magic and full on combat, being able to take multiple gashes and many strikes from blunt force, and continue fighting in their usual aggressive manner, while tiring their enemies down by emiting an aura of heat from themselves, making their enemies have trouble breathing in the heat, and being less able to focus. The Southerners speak the language all humanoids know, Yew. Most of the creatures that live here are battle-hardened human warriors, fire giants, and other forms of fire elementals.The main export of this land is Iron and coal, along with the occasional other type of ore. The main import is Enchanted water and healing Salves.

~The Western Lands~
The westerners live in a thick and deep forest, known to the Natives as Tu dwapa. The land has little influence, and few, albiet large, tribes. Almost all of the tribes are on the light side of the war. The bridge is a wine covered wooden bridge, which is protected by the vines of the bridge. Any harm to the bridge, will be healed by the vines, and you shall be punished, no matter how much you run. Under the tree is a snake pit, with a wide arrange of snakes who eternally hunger and reproduce after eating the flesh of creatures. The typical weapons used there are bows, crossbows, greatswords, daggers, and other types of small blades, normally dipped in poisons. The men here wear leather hide tunics and pants, while the women wear whatever they feel like. Leather, grass, gold whatever they could make their clothing from, but men were regulated to wear leather tunics and pants. Males were always the warriors, carrying two handed blades and wearing strong enchanted leather, covered in enchanted grass covering, allowing them to more easily blend into the land, seeing as the grass changes color with the background. The women usually wear very light Leather, as to be agile in combat. The women were regulated to use ranged weaponry, but the occasional blade fanatic appeared at the door step of the warriors hall. This land is filled with things you would find in the land before the lightshields lost control. Rabbit, Ursa, cow, gakri, and treants. Even more than that, but now, it's hard to protect all these creatures, because they are now sold as an export for food or supplies. This land is a mostly safe land, if you are an elf or treant. If not, you'll have some trouble with bandits, and those who are anti-whatever you are. The Westerners excel in forest and earth magic, and mobile combat. the warriors moving swiftly through trees to get to your back line and kill your archers, while their archers keep your warriors pinned down. The main export of this land is lumber and animals, while the main import is ores. The main language spoken here is Yew.

~The Eastern Lands~
The Easterners live in what is basically a giant graveyard. Most people know this land as the End Ro Ai Things, meaning End of all things. This land has massive influence, their influence slowly expanding as they conquer the borders.There is but one tribe, and it is on the dark side of the war. It IS the dark side of the war. The bridge to this land a unbreaking wooden bridge, covered in blood. The rails of this bridge are spears with skulls attached to them, a rope going through the eye of a skull, out the other, to another skull. Below the bridge is a pit of spears. Most of the citizens of this land are necromancers or dark warriors, and this includes the skeletons they cause trouble across the land with. There is a monument in the middle of town said to control the undead through commands, but no one knows, it just appears to be a obsidian pillar, with a red orb on top. Any kind of weapon is used here, blades, bows, axes, knives, anything. Most skeleton warriors carry shortswords and bucklers. The necromancers tend to carry a staff and a shortsword. The Dark warriors tend to carry large obsidian greatswords. Skeleton warriors wear no armor, necromancers wear garbs, normally black and red. The Dark warriors tend to wear obsidian armor, with full head obsidian helmets. Very few females reside here, all of them being necromancers. The Easterners are insanely skilled in the dark arts and mobbing their enemies, with their vast armies of skeleton warriors, in addition to all the dark forces they have. The main export of this land, is skeleton servants. The main import, is tools.

~Character Sheets~
Name:
Land of Origin:
Talents: (Agile, smart, etc)
You excel in:(X magic, X weapons, and X jobs)
Your Outlook of the war:(Bio basically)
Weapons:
Items:
position in society:
Family:

I love Spooky Crap :D

Dillon0909Date: Th, 17.May.12, 3:17 PM | Message # 2
Commander
Name: Walter Onbeck
Land of Origin: Eastern
Talents: (Agile, smart, etc) Incredibly Talented Sorcerer, and extrememly intellegent
You excel in:(X magic, X weapons, and X jobs) Mostly Magic, but can use a sword
Your Outlook of the war:(Bio basically) Walter belives in the superiority of the Eastern land, and is currently looking to be incharge of the land so he can rule all reigions
Weapons: A short sword, and a Staff with a skull on top
Items: Black hooded robe, and a amulet around his neck
position in society: Second in command to the leader of the Easterners
Family: Doesn't have one

Name: Taki Frenz
Land of Origin: Eastener
Talents: (Agile, smart, etc) Resorceful and full of confidence, but has tiny ego problem
You excel in:(X magic, X weapons, and X jobs) Is a master of Swordplay, and nothing else
Your Outlook of the war:(Bio basically) Taki was...an accident of Walters. Taki is a Dark Warrior who is half undead. He doesnt' really share the notion of Eastern Superiority like most of them, but still just does what he's told. When not in armored form, his right arm is completly skeletonized, but he hides it wearing a long sleeved shirt and a black glove on the hand.
Weapons: A long sword, and crossbow
Items: Black armor to wear in combat, black clothes when civillain, and an amulet Walter made that can call for his armor anywhere
position in society:Servent to Walter
Family: Thinks Walter as a father

(Made two a Villain and an Anti Hero waiting for Equinox to approve :D)

EquinoxDate: Th, 17.May.12, 8:03 PM | Message # 3
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
(Cmon man, I could have fucking swore I said I would post it, and asked if you think I should make a story to help others get started in each section.)

(Oh well, at least you're nice enough to give credit.)

(And both are accepted.)

(I went ahead and spiffed it up some, if you don't mind.)

(And to anyone who join, I'm just gonna run some random characters. I'll probably make some characters to teach each one of you your roles in the story.)

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

Dillon0909Date: Th, 17.May.12, 11:04 PM | Message # 4
Commander
(Srry Equinox My bad)

EquinoxDate: Th, 17.May.12, 11:12 PM | Message # 5
(Sigh, ignore the anger I had in my first comment, I was just tired at the time.)

Dillon0909Date: Th, 17.May.12, 11:17 PM | Message # 6
Commander
(its fine I'm still sorry)

EquinoxDate: Th, 17.May.12, 11:22 PM | Message # 7
(Meh.)

(If it is needed, I can actually change this over to my ownership, Fairly quickly.)

Dillon0909Date: Th, 17.May.12, 11:28 PM | Message # 8
Commander
(No, I think people get that this is your babby, I just created the thread because I have no patience XD. Hey can you make an Eastener Chareter Sheet for me please?)

EquinoxDate: Th, 17.May.12, 11:33 PM | Message # 9
(What do you mean, like the leader of the easterners?)

Dillon0909Date: Th, 17.May.12, 11:34 PM | Message # 10
Commander
(yush please :D)

EquinoxDate: Th, 17.May.12, 11:40 PM | Message # 11
(I'm afraid I cannot reveal him. Let's just say, you can only communicate with him through a eternal shadow on the wall. You speak to him, he delivers messages to the leader. It's an anti-assassin ploy.)

Dillon0909Date: Th, 17.May.12, 11:44 PM | Message # 12
Commander
(Okay, point made, but still respond)

Walter:

"Master, have you concidered my proposal for militaristic options"

EquinoxDate: Fr, 18.May.12, 0:05 AM | Message # 13
The shadow left, then returned.

"I seem to have forgotten, please remind me of your proposal."

Dillon0909Date: Fr, 18.May.12, 0:15 AM | Message # 14
Commander
Walter:

"For far to long we have sit in our corners slowly taking lands. We are superior to all other reigons...and I say its time we prove it by conquering the North"

EquinoxDate: Fr, 18.May.12, 1:06 AM | Message # 15
"You forget, the North will slaughter anyone who comes on their land. They could hide an entire village of warriors in a puddle of ice, and pick us off from below like bleeding rabbits in shark infested waters. Our scouts barely stepped on the ice before being assaulted by ice arrows."

Dillon0909Date: Fr, 18.May.12, 3:39 AM | Message # 16
Commander
Walter:

"Yes, but we took some with us as well, which added more to our army"

EquinoxDate: Fr, 18.May.12, 10:28 AM | Message # 17
"Three. Just let the dead that rise in the dark weaken them slowly. Then, we strike. I shall send a patrol of five skeletons to the north borders in three days, and you can watch their movements and give them orders as needed, to prove that the Northerners are ruthless."

Dillon0909Date: Fr, 18.May.12, 2:32 PM | Message # 18
Commander
Walter:

"I see...so for now...we wait?"

EquinoxDate: Fr, 18.May.12, 8:05 PM | Message # 19
"For now."

(I would recommend making one from another type of tribe, the easterners aren't going to have a lot to do story-wise early in the game.)

You remembered, there is a guild master as well, perhaps he could give you something to waste time on.

Dillon0909Date: Fr, 18.May.12, 10:39 PM | Message # 20
Commander
Walter:

I turned and groaned as my mistake Taki walked next to me gleeful as all heck.

EquinoxDate: Sa, 19.May.12, 0:06 AM | Message # 21
The Shade of the wall stayed at his place.

Dillon0909Date: Sa, 19.May.12, 0:09 AM | Message # 22
Commander
Taki:

"FATHER" I said smiling ear to ear. "You talking with the leader again? He's so COOL, I wish I could talk to him"

He patted my head "He'll talk to you someday...now...go and...practic your swordsmenship"

I smiled and headed out "Okay dad"

EquinoxDate: Sa, 19.May.12, 0:30 AM | Message # 23
The area was surprisingly quiet despite the amount of people around. Perhaps it was because of the announcement that was supposed to happen tomorrow.

Possible options: (remember, you don't have to do any of these, they're usually just recommendations.)
*View the training of Taki
*Ask random people about the silence
*go speak to the guild master for a random job to distract yourself for a while.

Dillon0909Date: Sa, 19.May.12, 0:38 AM | Message # 24
Commander
(Okay, but oyu need to be his mentor)

Taki:

I arrived gleeful as can be

EquinoxDate: Sa, 19.May.12, 1:04 AM | Message # 25
The usual militia captain, Strongheart, was there. As usual, he was sporting his flaming greatsword.

Role-Playing Place » The Between » The Graveyard » The Four Regions
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: