Fr, 26.April.24, 1:32 PM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Forum moderator: Narutard  
Role-Playing Place » The Between » The Graveyard » Dark times: Battle for the Throne
Dark times: Battle for the Throne
Creation100Date: Mo, 03.September.12, 8:20 PM | Message # 1
Commander
Group: Moderators
Dark times:
Battle for the Throne

From the start when the Book of Lore was created man followed the rules implemented to the title of Great King. With the Great King's voice being law, though could be conflicted through a duel. After a millenia man took notice to their leaders, most if not all would be corrupted and cause more chaos within the world.
Belinda Li Torch of the water lands took note of this and began her own plot for power, constructing a poison which forced the host to listen to the one who placed the curse onto them. Thus creating her own group, simply known as the Black Hand.
Knowing that anyone seeking power would easily be fooled by this venom the witch used it to gain her way into the Great King's ranks without being there with a fool named, Marcus Gavel. Though he was incredibly strong he was now a mere puppet to her magic.

Few leaders know the danger of this Group and it's creator, though only one group stands against the Dark Hand these men believe in a better system for which they strive for, wanting to rid the world from both the Dark Hand and the traditions from the Book of Lore. This group is led by a legend to all, Gormon Tolfdir. Believe to have mastered the elements and uses his power by sapping away others' powers, if he sees them unfit.

In this Dark age men hope their newborns turn the world to a new light instead of having this constant war of power. Many parents begin training their child early in the way of their elements fearing that one day they too will have to bend to such a system. Because in a world of disaster under the ashes a seedling has to sprout up someday..

Years later a class of students specially chosen by the principal of Elfen Academy because of their outstanding results in the young mage competition. Joined together as their last week of the Academy was coming to a end.

Character Sheet-

Name:
Element: [Four basic elements; fire, water, earth, air.]
Appearance: [No modern casual clothing.]
Biography: [I'll be looking here the most. I suggest letting me post my character first before trying to take a swing at it.]

She had a smile that could light up a room.

Creation100Date: Mo, 03.September.12, 9:35 PM | Message # 2
Commander
[Forgot to place something in the top comment, I am the dictator of this thread. :|
I don't want love triangles. That only occurs when two are imprinted by the user's element when that occurs the elementist's power is slightly out of control.
It never happens in the young. I'll show a example some point within the plot of two lovers in that phase.]

Name: Jack Vale
Element: Earth
Appearance: Regardless of Jack's age he is a shortie compared to others of the Earth clans. 5'3 to be exact. The Talented boy has dark brown 4inch wavy hair, which is often containing specs of dirt as his hands usually do, as well. His eyes are chocolate brown as most of the clan's is. Jack wears a tan short tunic over a white long sleeve cloth shirt, his tunic shows his family symbol at the chest of the torso, the tunic is kept to the torso by a single leather belt and his trousers are dark brown with stitching down the sides.
Biography: Young talented Earth elementist, his brothers taught him the most of the bending till he was nearly 13 then the Academy chose him to move in, after he had competed in a competition hosted by Elfen Academy. Through the years of attending the school Jack has met several new faces and friends while his graduation is at the end of the week he spends what little time with his friends.
[You have to have a reason for doing highly in the competition and you must have attended the competition. You don't have to be my character's friend but they have of known each other some how from the academy classes.]

NarutardDate: Mo, 03.September.12, 9:48 PM | Message # 3
The Reaper of Threads
Group: Co-Dictators
(question, are their eyes related to their element such as red for fire, blue water and gray air? And what do you mean by reason for competing in the competition?)

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

Ilovedogs2Date: Mo, 03.September.12, 11:19 PM | Message # 4
A bored admin
(I would think so...I haz a question. *raises hand*)

It's time.

Creation100Date: We, 05.September.12, 6:40 PM | Message # 5
Commander
[Not reason for competing in the competition but why you had made such a high score in it. Such as being a natural in the element. I didn't think of the eye color being like that, though if you'd wanna allow that; it'd be a nice idea. ^^
Go ahead Debbie. :D]

NarutardDate: We, 05.September.12, 7:54 PM | Message # 6
The Reaper of Threads
(I SHALL JOIN AFTER I DO MY HOMEWORK!!! AND MAKE MY FIRST BLOG POST!!)

Creation100Date: Th, 06.September.12, 8:50 PM | Message # 7
Commander
[I'll be patiently waiting. You can PM me your question if you'd like too Ilove.]

Ilovedogs2Date: Th, 06.September.12, 11:51 PM | Message # 8
A bored admin
(I don't remember. >.>)

It's time.

Creation100Date: Th, 06.September.12, 11:57 PM | Message # 9
Commander
[Doesn't stop you from making one up. cool ]

EquinoxDate: Fr, 07.September.12, 4:37 PM | Message # 10
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Group: Administrators
Name: Arron Delmirk
Element: Air
Appearance:He stands at 5'11, in a tight white body suit, except the hands. His hands have white cloth wrapped around his hands, and he wears pure white sandal-like shoes, over his bare feet. He has short, black, messy hair, light gray eyes, and he is skinny, besides slight muscle.
Biography: Arron's hands were burned in a fire-accident from his brother testing his fire ability with him. His ability to use the elements were limited, but he found his calling from the wind, taking up melee-magic as his focus. At force, he can bend the skin on his hands to open up, allowing immense magical ability to flow and increase his magical ability, at the cost of balance and strength. He is fast, silent, and very confident in himself. His parents claimed his eyes were originally brown, but after the accident, and after he began training, his eyes became white. He is now a mage, able to bend air as he wishes, but in combat, he focuses his ability into his hands and feet, to increase his speed and the effect of his attacks. He is neutral in the affairs of the world, only caring about his power further increasing. He knows he will have to choose soon, but for now, he only wishes to become stronger, and not worry for the future. He went to elfen academy for a while to test his ability, becoming known as a vicious combat mage, but low in utility. His ability to push himself beyond the normal limit of someone of his disability, made him different, and more noticeable, than the usual air mage. He met Jack at the academy, and had gone on the same path as him, graduating soon. He considers Jack an excellent challenge, and he hopes for jack to be stronger than him, only that he will have someone to compare to, to strive to defeat, to strive to overpower, to overcome. Arron wants a challenge, and he sees a challenge, in Jack.

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

NarutardDate: Fr, 07.September.12, 6:10 PM | Message # 11
The Reaper of Threads
Name: Ira Tale

Element: Fire

Appearance:

-Body: She stands at a average height of five foot five with naturally tan skin. Though she is strong, her muscles are lean, and she is slender due to athleticism. Across her back and to mid-bicep on her left arm is a large burn scar from a freak accident before she came to the academy. Her brothers all tell her her eyes were once blue, but they have since shifted to a bright red that seems to change color based on her mood. At times, it's a warm orange, others, they burn coal red with fury. Her hair is long and black, usually tied back to keep it from her eyes.

-Clothing: Ira, when not training, can be found wearing a comfortable day-dress in the colors of red, orange, yellow or sometimes black. Though usually, she goes for a white long-sleeved shirt that hugs the body (It's specially made by her brother to be fireproof) with a red tunic that falls to her waist, marking her as a fire elementalist. She also wears leather gauntlets, darkened to black from years of fire, burning, and ash. They still hold strong though. The tunic is secured just above her waist, making it flare out slightly over her black trousers. Her black boots are worn over this.

Biography: Ira was raised in the shadow of her brothers. The three oldest held ranks in the Great King's military and court, and the youngest, still older than her by five years, was extremely proficient in technological design, creating new weapons and beneficial things for the population. Ira was desperate to be known as well, make her name larger than The Mysterious Tale Daughter. So she turned to magic, a place not stepped into by her family in generations. Her brash attitude and hot temper, as well as her kind heart that burns with passion, fire claimed her. She quickly adapted to the hard-to-control flames, learning their ways and developing a type of sixth sense to her. She hears their words as someone wouldn't. She knows their angers and their sorrows. This is what earned her nick-name Fire Whisperer, and drew her up from the shadow of her brothers.
Ira came to the academy to have further peace in training, and master herself. She made this decision after a freak accident when the flames turned on her, scarring half of her left arm and all of her back. (She doesn't talk about it at all, and when brought up, she won't talk to you for the rest of the day) Since then, she has gained more control and is ready to graduate with her fellow peers. She is nice to everyone unless given a reason not to, but often times her jokes and jabs can be a little harsh. She considers Jack a friend.

Ilovedogs2Date: Fr, 07.September.12, 8:16 PM | Message # 12
A bored admin
Name: Lisa MirĂ­s

Element: agua

Appearance: She is a tall girl at the height of 5 foot 6 and weighs about a good 100 ish pounds. However underneath her clothes are muscles that nobody would ever notice. Because of that she's seen as weak. (Or at least the impression) She gives off casual aura through her clothing which is merely a light purple shirt with a blue tunic. On formal occasions, the blue aquamarine dress is usually worn. To make sure people are reminded about who she is and for protection, black combat shoes are usually seen. Lisa once has sapphire blue eyes but after years of hard times, it had a dull gray blue color in them which matches oddly with her brown hair that is kept with a hair band. There is tattoo on the left side of her neck and other various areas. Each symbol for various...events

Biography: She is and was everything people wanted in a person. Growing up as the only child, her childhood has been lonely and uneventful. However this has taught her patience and peace. She was the peace maker, the helper, and the listener. Always tending to other's needs before hers. As time continued, she was respected as a fighter and a negotiator but mostly the latter. When there was a fight, she was called in to negotiate which ended well. Everyone celebrated when water claimed her. Until the unthinkable happened, Lisa ran away from her home after years and years of smacking and belt hitting.

As she grew older, she found freedom in the academy. The only thing left unbroken by her parents was her will to live. Everything in her changed instead of the calm and smiling girl everyone knew her to be. After joining the academy, she rose to the top of her class as a cold and merciless fighter. In order to get a grip on her own sanity, she got tattoos for every event she had gone through. Even so, she knew no one in their right mind will ever love her or even like her in a romantic way. Despite the personality, deep inside her, she longs for friends, but will never tell. Years in the academy had softened her heart into almost the same little girl but with a colder look on. (I will give a point or two if anyone knows which series I am referencing to and the person.)

It's time.

NarutardDate: Fr, 07.September.12, 9:25 PM | Message # 13
The Reaper of Threads
(ILD, no modern clothes, he said that specifically, and, you left out her element)

Ilovedogs2Date: Fr, 07.September.12, 10:00 PM | Message # 14
A bored admin
(there)

It's time.

EquinoxDate: Sa, 08.September.12, 9:12 AM | Message # 15
(What the hell is an auga)

Ilovedogs2Date: Sa, 08.September.12, 1:37 PM | Message # 16
A bored admin
(I don't know what an auga is. But I do know what agua mean.)

(Maybe two points. I have been reading the series and I couldn't even set the book down. I just hope the author finishes the third book quickly. I don't wanna wait a whole year.)

It's time.

Creation100Date: Sa, 08.September.12, 2:45 PM | Message # 17
Commander
[Lol Agua is spanish for water. I could have read her biograph and such without the element to find it out. biggrin
So we have all the elements. Which is fine with me.
I accept you all I'll start after I get back from Cheyenne's; that way everyone can get a good hold on their place in the thread.]

Ilovedogs2Date: Sa, 08.September.12, 3:00 PM | Message # 18
A bored admin
(eh okay then. don't stay too long!)

It's time.

NarutardDate: Sa, 08.September.12, 3:09 PM | Message # 19
The Reaper of Threads
(JE NE PARLE PAS ESPAGNOL AUSSI!!!! OUI, OUI, JE PARLE BIEN FRANCAIS!!!)

Creation100Date: Sa, 08.September.12, 3:12 PM | Message # 20
Commander
[Formal.. The Great King would wear a sort of flexible armor which has different colors to explain his mastery.
Though it depends on your element. I'd say people in Black hand are away from society's system of class, wearing complete black.(hits the name.)
High social class, I'd say less clothing displays high class. It shows strength and such. Though not so much as to expose yourself.. Gems as well.]

NarutardDate: Sa, 08.September.12, 3:13 PM | Message # 21
The Reaper of Threads
(Eh? Mwahahaha, I am learning clothes right now in french)

EquinoxDate: Sa, 08.September.12, 3:20 PM | Message # 22
(Fancy.)

Creation100Date: Sa, 08.September.12, 3:36 PM | Message # 23
Commander
[You might be able to sway my opinion? I mean I am looking at medieval royal and binding it to the elements idea.]

NarutardDate: Sa, 08.September.12, 3:38 PM | Message # 24
The Reaper of Threads
(Um...are we starting? Or waiting for Spetz? Cause Spetz, I can make you an appearance if need be smile Make up for you making my bio for Nirn)

Creation100Date: Sa, 08.September.12, 3:40 PM | Message # 25
Commander
[Waiting for everyone to get on and such. I said I'd start when I got back from Cheyenne's.]

Role-Playing Place » The Between » The Graveyard » Dark times: Battle for the Throne
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Search: