Fr, 26.April.24, 3:01 AM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
Forum moderator: Narutard  
Role-Playing Place » The Between » The Graveyard » Alterria Warriors (Other names: "Magic Mercenaries" & "Moral Combat")
Alterria Warriors
EquinoxDate: Th, 02.January.14, 1:33 AM | Message # 1
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Group: Administrators
-The Situation-
You have chosen to join the Alterria Wandering Blades program, or AWB for short. For the rest of your life, from the age of ten, you are subjected to intense training to harness your Chi into elemental forms. You are to serve your realm as a hired blade until the day you die. You form a pledge when you complete the basic training program, which decides what jobs you are allowed to turn down. Once you take this pledge, you can never change it. You can take a wide selection of jobs, but you are required to complete them if you take them. If you break any rules at all, you can be rightfully excommunicated, imprisoned, and or killed.

-How to get in-
At the age of ten, all children get two options. Join the AWB, or do anything else, including joining the normal military. If you don't choose to join the AWB at that point, you will never have the option ever again. If you choose the AWB, you are given one week with your family to prepare for your leave. After that, you're leaving with whatever you can carry.

-Chi and how it works-
Chi is the physical energy residing in all living creatures. Plants, animals, even sea coral, all have  chi energy. Granted, anything that cannot move, has a very minuscule amount of chi, but everything contains chi. Chi is needed to live and move. It gives you the energy to get up, and it helps you go to sleep. It aids in rebuilding a cut, and it gives you the strength to cut down a tree with an axe. With proper training, chi can be molded, into a massive array of forms. The main elements, the outer circle, even the special technique form mastered by Garrus Altonna himself, the wanderer's circle. Through this program, you will learn to use chi as a weapon, and you will use it to defend the kingdom of Alterria.

-The circles of chi-
There are three tables of chi.
-The main elements
-The outer circle
-The wanderer's circle

The main elements circle is a square within a circle. The main elements are the most common elements to get, as they are the easiest to learn and master. The main elements are as listed.
-Fire
-Water
-Earth
-Air

The outer circle is a simple circle, with a line going from the sub list of fire to the sub list of Earth, and the Sub list of water to the sub list of air. This forms an X in the middle of the circle. The outer circle is much more difficult to learn and master than the Main elements, although difficulty varies with each sub element. The outer circle's elements are divided as sub elements of the four main elements, as they stem down from them. The outer circle's elements are as listed.
sub list of fire:
-Light
-Dark
-Smoke

Sub list of Water:
-Steam
-blood
-ice

Sub list of Earth:
-Metal
-Plants
-healing

Sub list of Air:
-Lightning
-Fog
-Poison

The Wanderer's circle is the most advanced form of the elements you can possibly learn. It requires you to learn two or more elements or sub elements to combine them into Wanderer's circle elements. The Wanderer's circle is constantly expanding, due to limitless possibilities. The Wanderer's circle elements cannot be listed, as there are too many to list. The Wanderer's circle is just a circle, representing endless elements to discover and create.

-Rules-
-Please add Date of birth to story. Current date/year will be updated frequently as story progresses.
-You can work in groups, you can be a rogue elementalist, you can be whatever, but don't try to be someone of godly power, who knows several sub lists or several wanderer techniques. Try to stick to one or two elements or sub elements, Wanderer elements will come later.
-You don't have to be a Alterria Warrior, you can be a fugitive. However, be aware that you are ranked based on your skill as an element user. Your rank determines how difficult your pursuers will be. S rank will mean that the best across the land will be competing for your head. Anything below is a simple on-the-board job.
-You have very little contact with your family after you leave for training, and there are no phones in this day and age. Visiting them when you have no jobs on hand is fine, but if you visit your family with a job to do, you and your family will be executed.
-The king will have you sentenced to death for almost anything, including if you fail three jobs in a row.
-You can only learn to use your Chi in the program. You cannot be self taught, nor can you harness it before the age of 10.
-Don't be an annoyance. Alterria Warriors, young and old, are all expected to be the pinnacle of self control. Act like it.

-Character sheets-

-Alterria Warrior-
Name:
Appearance:
Elements experienced in:
Weapon(s):
Still in the training program?:
Bio:
Your pledge:

-Rogue elementalist-
Name:
Appearance:
Elements experienced in:
Weapon(s):
Bio: (Please explain when and why you went rogue, and your pledge)

Current date:5/1/900 (Day Month Year)

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

Dillon0909Date: Th, 02.January.14, 12:20 PM | Message # 2
Commander
Name: Tyler Leictreachas
Appearance: A medium sized man with a baggy cloak with hood so he looks like a priest, a cross around his neck, a pocket on the cloak for his weapon to be hidden in, blond hair, blue eyes, white, and a slender frame
Elements experienced in: Air with a sub of Lightning
Weapon(s): Guantlets that he uses to channel his Lightning.
Bio: (Please explain when and why you went rogue, and your pledge) Tyler went rouge because he felt that the meathods they were using was to slow so he went rouge to help people in need. For pretty much Free, all he asks for his food

I love Spooky Crap :D

EquinoxDate: Th, 02.January.14, 2:13 PM | Message # 3
-Alterria Warrior-
Name: Garrus Altonna
Appearance: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/sites....0cS1VOT
Elements experienced in: Air with a sub of Fog and lightning, all the Wanderer elements (Since, y'know, he invented all of them.)
Weapon(s): A wind enchanted Katana
Still in the training program?: No
Bio: Garrus Altonna is known as the Wanderer of the circle, due to the fact that he discovered, harnessed, and mastered all elements of the known wanderer's circle. He progressed quickly through the training program, surpassing all expectations. And when he took all masters level classes at the age of twenty to perfect his wind technique, things took an odd turn. One day, while practicing a lightning bounce shot, he became curious. What caused lightning to bounce? Perhaps there were different forms that could be used for this type of shot. After several different positions were used to channel and fire the lightning, he tried snapping his fingers. Instead of lightning, a small popping sound formed. Confused, he attempted again and again to reproduce this move, but with no success.

Weeks later, When he was channeling lightning in an enchantment class, it happened again. Only this time, there was a visible explosion in the air. Using the heat and intensity of lightning at a speed greater than the naked eye could see, he lit the nitrogen in the air, causing an explosion. This conclusion was discovered by the program's lead scientist, Harod Vitalin. After several of the program's best lightning users attempted to reproduce the effect, one finally did. Soon after, the others learned as well. Garrus was a hero to the program, discovering an entirely different circle. And with that new-found knowledge, Garrus began studying under Harod. After years of perfecting scientific know-how, he produced a new result, a change in temperature. Taking a user of fire and air, and plenty of practice, he showed everyone that using the heat of fire, or lack of, in the air, he could change the temperature. At the age of 25, Garrus was given a grant of scientific practice, and he retreated to a home in the distant mountains, learning and creating new things.

One day, a meteor shower came in at the same time as a flood, during a storm. The entire mountain area Garrus lived in was totaled, but he managed to escape. Now he wanders the roads, a dog of war for the kingdom, and yet a man of the people.  People speculate the disaster was a mishap of his experiments, being the harshest weather to ever batter the kingdom grounds, leaving many dead, but there is no known proof to the claim.
Your pledge: To protect any who need help, unless the act is unjustified or could lead me to my own fall. To kill all who have done enough wrong to warrant death, and to educate those who wish to surpass expectation, as I have.

EquinoxDate: Th, 02.January.14, 2:16 PM | Message # 4
(Also, accepted dillon. Your character is marked as explosion and storm.)

Dillon0909Date: Th, 02.January.14, 11:23 PM | Message # 5
Commander
(TY question am I a wanted man?)

EquinoxDate: Fr, 03.January.14, 0:18 AM | Message # 6
(As soon as you go rogue from the program, you're immediately wanted. I'd say your character would probably be a rank C target at the moment, possibly a rank A if he's taught both wanderer attacks you can get.)

Dillon0909Date: Fr, 03.January.14, 1:11 AM | Message # 7
Commander
(That's all I needed to know...cause you know me I like cool opening scenes for my characters XD)

Ilovedogs2Date: Fr, 03.January.14, 1:35 AM | Message # 8
A bored admin
Group: Co-Dictators
(taking a break here and going almost full time on pokemongts and I see this. :O I'll fan out some time to make a cs.)

It's time.

Creation100Date: Sa, 04.January.14, 6:20 PM | Message # 9
Commander
Group: Moderators
-Alterria Warrior-
Name: Abel Pyles
Appearance: Google Image:Http://ww.artwallpaper.hi.com/thum
Elements experienced in: Water; specialized in blood
Weapon(s): double bladed sword and multiple pouches under his armor containing water.
Still in the training program?: No
Bio: Ordinary life with a family of poverty, Abel saw a chance to climb above his ancestors and became a Alterria Warrior. Through training he made connections with a Earth chi user and a few others. He heard a few of his friends had died or been excommunicated. His first time mending with blood chi was on himself while clotting his wound. He tends to enjoy this memory from the warmth he experienced.
His first mission was help with rebuilding in a village off at the outer borders of the kingdom. There was a small attack and that was when Abel decided to keep water pouches beneath his armor.

When Abel has the currency from his payloads he sends a percentage home where his family has made a small business family business with culinary. On his off-times Abel will visit his family and enjoy delicacy that his mother and two brothers had made him. His sister tends to neglect Abel due to his joining AWB, even though she was his inspiration.

Your pledge:
Move hammer, move.
The kingdom will not lose sleep, we're rebuilding and moving forward. Days of poverty and extortion are ending.
With these gifts enlightened to me I'll prove it. I'll contend and stifle opposition to Alterria and her people.
This I pledge to my dying breathe as many of them as it takes.

She had a smile that could light up a room.

Message edited by Creation100 - Fr, 10.January.14, 9:40 PM

EquinoxDate: Sa, 04.January.14, 9:18 PM | Message # 10
(Accepted, marked as pressure and disease.)

Dillon0909Date: Sa, 04.January.14, 10:01 PM | Message # 11
Commander
Forgot my Pledge:

Help those who can't help themselves at any price, even if it makes me an outlaw.

EquinoxDate: Su, 05.January.14, 3:19 PM | Message # 12
(Once we either get ILD's CS or she changes her mind about joining, we'll start.)

Creation100Date: Su, 05.January.14, 3:57 PM | Message # 13
Commander
Group: Moderators
(Only you can prevent a forest fire.)

She had a smile that could light up a room.

Ilovedogs2Date: Mo, 06.January.14, 1:50 AM | Message # 14
A bored admin
(wat.)

It's time.

EquinoxDate: Mo, 06.January.14, 11:07 PM | Message # 15
(If everyone would be so kind, please add date of birth to age section. New rule of this added to top of rules list, it's needed for certain parts of the story.)

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 07.January.14, 1:17 AM | Message # 16
Commander
July 21 1401

EquinoxDate: Tu, 07.January.14, 3:00 AM | Message # 17
Not to be rude, but first off, I meant edit it onto your age part of your CS, right beside your age number.

Second, if you had read the rule I mentioned I added, you'd know I can't accept that age.

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 07.January.14, 5:51 PM | Message # 18
Commander
(I can't edit my posts to put an age. However I'm going to ask what year is it so I may have a proper year)

EquinoxDate: Tu, 07.January.14, 6:32 PM | Message # 19
Quote Equinox ()
Current date:4/1/900 (Day Month Year)
(As said in the new rule added, the current date will always be at the bottom of the original post. This is the current date, as of the start of the RP.)

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 07.January.14, 7:09 PM | Message # 20
Commander
(k)

EquinoxDate: Tu, 07.January.14, 9:28 PM | Message # 21
There, I edited it in for you.

AnchorageDate: We, 08.January.14, 12:19 PM | Message # 22
Colonel general
Group: Users
oh

my

god

no

I WROTE FUCKING PARAGRAPHS OF 2 CS'S AND IT DIDNT POST ARE YOU SERIOUS

let's camp in the forest with harmonicas and nature's harmonies

EquinoxDate: We, 08.January.14, 3:43 PM | Message # 23
That's happened to me sooo many times before. 

It really catches you off guard at times.

NarutardDate: We, 08.January.14, 11:37 PM | Message # 24
The Reaper of Threads
(Wait, I can still join?)

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

EquinoxDate: Th, 09.January.14, 0:16 AM | Message # 25
(Of course you can. We haven't started yet, we're still waiting on ILD to join, since she wanted to.)

Role-Playing Place » The Between » The Graveyard » Alterria Warriors (Other names: "Magic Mercenaries" & "Moral Combat")
Search: