Fr, 29.March.24, 8:13 AM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Equinox  
Role-Playing Place » Archives » Summer(June-August) 2012 » The Trinity of Talius (That's the name of the land, if you didn't know.)
The Trinity of Talius
EquinoxDate: Th, 09.August.12, 0:50 AM | Message # 101
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Group: Administrators
With a sigh, Ray looked around.

"This is a horrible thing to do..."

-Several body searchings later-
"Hey...I found something..." Trintilla said, pulling a scroll from the intestines of a man's rotted corpse.

"It smells fucking horrible.." Ray said, holding his nose.

"Because she just yanked it from a body, you moron!"

Ray was silent, as dexio checked the scroll.

"Bah, it's just some babble about a godslayer sword, and a map."

"And that's nothing to you, Dexio!? That's our ticket to killing Swain and Darion!"

"You say that as if you think you have the ability to even get a chance at cutting either of them with this sword."

Ray stepped back, shocked at Dexio's remark.

"What do you mean!? Did you not see how hard I was beating him around!?"

"That wasn't even a fraction of his power. If he used his full power, you would not be standing here."

Ray was even more surprised. "What do you mean? I could see the exhaustion in his face, and hear it in his breath!"

"Exhaustion does not show weakness. Have you never heard of a tireless warrior?"

"The name explains it all."

"Not exactly."

"Hmm?"

"A tireless warrior is one from birth. Such a person shows exhaustion when a normal person would, but in reality, he could keep up his pace of combat until he dies of old age, if he had the patience to extend such a tedious battle."

"So, you mean, Darion is one?"

"Yes. And if he wanted to, he could have continued letting you fight him with your hands and feet, until eventually, you will mess up, from your own exhaustion."

Ray gritted his teeth.

"Is there no way I can become one?" Ray said, a spark inside him formed, that grew into a burning will to become stronger, better, and faster, to defeat Darion.

"Only by magical means, I'm afraid."

"Anything then, I'll do it!"

"..."

"What!? WHAT IS IT!?"

"Selling your soul."

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

EquinoxDate: Th, 09.August.12, 9:33 PM | Message # 102
Ray stared at Dexio, a serious look sat on his face.

"You're not...You're not really considering it, are you Ray?" Trintilla said, her hands grasped together in front of her chin.

"If I need to do so, I'm afraid I will."

"You've gone mad, Ray." Brutus said, plainly.

"Power does odd things to a man's mind, even worse to those whom had none prior." Ray said, looking at everyone in his group.

"You can't do this, you're my friend, and I wont allow this."

"You may be my friend, but you will not stop me, if I have to do this."

Brutus gritted his teeth.

"I'm sorry, but if it comes to that result, no one is going to stop me."

"...Bah, let's get going, no need to waste time."Dexio said, stepping between them. Err, floating.

"What is our first plan of action?" Ray said, looking at Dexio.

"Let's get the godslayer sword, it's the only way you'll have a possibility to kill him, however small."

The entire team nodded.

"Let's go."

EquinoxDate: Th, 09.August.12, 9:46 PM | Message # 103
The group traveled a long distance, only to find a small force of skeleton warriors blocking their path to the desert.

"Rgh, should we go around them, or fight them?" Brutus said, kneeling down, observing the skeletons and pondering.

"Are you kidding me? It's just some skeletons, this'll be quick."

"Ray, you must remember, they know how powerful you are now, and they know we're around here. No doubt they're searching for us, but they wouldn't just send some petty skeletons and necromancers to capture us."

"You're right, but besides Darion and Swain themselves, who could defeat all of us?"

"Scavengers." Dexio said, looking around.

"Excuse me?" Ray said, not noticing what Dexio said.

"They sent Scavengers after us."

"Who are scavengers?"

"Insanely powerful bandits, who are adept in poisons and long range combat. They could simply poison us and run, but then Trintilla could heal us of the poison. Instead, if we fall into their trap, they'll rain poison and arrows on us, and bring us down too fast for any of us to survive, no matter how invincible you think you are, Ray."

"Hmp, let me go ahead and counter ambush, then."

"What do you mean, Ray?" Brutus said, confused.

"While I was in that cell, I fell to sleep. In that sleep, I don't know why, but I could see a long hall, and I entered a door labeled abilities. Needless to say, I learned many abilities I didn't think Earth had the ability to pull off."

EquinoxDate: Th, 09.August.12, 9:52 PM | Message # 104
"Such as?"

"Well Brutus, since you're so interested, let me show you. But first, let me ask you, how do you think I became so agile, when I'm affiliated with ground?"

"I don't know, you move faster on the ground?"

"Actually, that's correct, but that's not the full reason."

"What's the full reason?"

"Earth relates to all elements that the Earth Provides."

"So.."

"I control earth, plants, life energies, and the air."

"Hmp, then get out there and kick some ass, Ray."

"Gladly."

Ray stepped out, and looked around. He began walking into the tree lining around the road, towards the skeletons. One noticed him, and pointed its scimitar at him, screeching in a high pitched demonic sound, only these horrors of the deepest parts of suffering could bring forward, to this land.

He smirked, and continued walking forward, towards them.

EquinoxDate: Th, 09.August.12, 10:04 PM | Message # 105
As he walked forward, he thrusted one leg and one palm forward, blasting a skeleton away, the flying bones striking other skeletons down. As he straightens up, he sees other skeletons approaching him. He quickly stomps one foot on the ground, and the ground under the skeletons crack, and bursts upwards, throwing the skeletons everywhere.

Before his move was over, arrows shot from the trees.

With blurring speed, he began weaving left and right, back and forward, up and down, dodging the arrows. The final one, he caught with his left hand, and looked at it.

"Is this what you call fighting?" He raised it in the air. "Come out you disgraceful combatants, or I'll turn your limbs into bone meal for my savage plants."

After about a minute, several men in white cloth clothing dropped from the trees, their faces also concealed under the cloth.

"Hmp," He looked at them, seeing the crossbows they wielded, poison dripping arrows loaded. "How sad."

He turned his head back to his group.

"Take cover, I'm ready to fight!"

The group quickly ducked down behind the trees and bushes around the path.

He turned his head back to the Scavengers.

"So, you fellows are the Scavengers. Tell me, why do you do this?"

"Hrm, do what?" One gruff voiced man asked.

"Do this. Try to kill me, work under those petty necromancers and dark warriors who cannot defeat me. If they cannot kill me, what makes them think some crossbow using peasants will?"

"We're expertly trained in-"

"Yeah yeah, you're really splendid in this, aren't you?"

"Why you arrogant little-" Another man spoke up, but the gruff voiced man cut him off, putting one hand in front of him. "Don't get too close, he'll smash you flatter than scroll paper."

The young man looked at Ray, in horror of such a young man's immense power.

EquinoxDate: Th, 09.August.12, 10:13 PM | Message # 106
"A-are you sure? He's so skinny and fragile looking.."

"Did you not just see him make the fucking ground explode!?" Another one exclaimed, obviously very scared of the situation he is in.

"I-I-"

"Leave the young boy alone, why is he even here?"

"I-It's all I've known in my life sir, I was taken from my parents as a child, and taught to become an assassin."

"Is one of the people who kidnapped you as a child, here today?"

One man in the back began looking at the boy with fear in his eyes.

Before the boy could respond, Ray dashed forward in blurring and unseen movement, right behind the man.

"Is it him?"

He boy hesitated, then nodded yes.

"YOU BAS-" Ray grabbed him from behind with both arms, wrapping his forearms around the man where he could barely breath.

"Now why would you do such a thing, sir?"

"I-"

"Oh my bad, I forgot I can crush your throat with that." Ray snickered. He loosened his grip slightly, and the man took a deep, gasping breath.

"Now, answer me."

"M-Master S-Swain wanted us to take children for recruitment purposes!"

"Recruitment? He commonly has you fools train children to murder people in cold blood?"

"Y-Yes..."

Ray grabbed the man with one hand around his neck, turned around quickly, and slammed the man against the ground. His throat tightened at the slam, so when he crashed down, he tried gasping for breath, only to have nothing enter his lungs. As he finally stopped bouncing upwards from the slam, he began gasping fast and hard, for breath.

EquinoxDate: Th, 09.August.12, 10:37 PM | Message # 107
He spurted out blood while breathing, his eyes began to go dim, as a figure stood above him.

"And you agreed to that?"

"P-Please sir, don't kill me, my parents were born there, and I was born there, and I was forced to go into my family's legacy, and I was forced into the military at the age of 16, much like he was-"

A foot floated above him.

"NO! PLEASE NO-"

"He did it..." Trintilla murmured, watching the man's death.

"Trintilla...You've seen enough death for several lifetimes, you shouldn't watch Ray right now." Dexio lectured.

"Yes but.."

"But what?"

"Nothing.."

"Why did you kill him, sir?" The young man asked Ray.

"Because he accepts the dark deeds his parents have done, and he has gladly done as he has been told by these horrible people."

EquinoxDate: Th, 09.August.12, 10:44 PM | Message # 108
"That's how all of us got here, being forced into the war as disposable assassins." Another one of the assassins spoke.

"Leave for Talu, and hide there. Do not tell anyone, not even the guards there, that we sent you there. Just tell them you're running from the undead invasions."

"Yes sir."

"Now, one last question."

"Yes?"

"Where are the necromancers that were controlling those undead?"

"A few of us were trained to do that as well, so we would never be short on meatless meatshields." The gruff voiced man replied. He turned to walk off quietly, but he tripped. Before he could get up, a shadow formed over him.

He turned around in horror, to see a hand outstretched to him.

"Join our cause."

The man's face shone in surprise, and he took Ray's hand, getting up. He looked at the rest of the crew, who nodded in satisfaction.

"We will help you. Now, what do you need from us?"

"For now, hide in the remains of Talu, we will come back to Talu and request your squad, when we need your assistance."

He nodded, with a smile on his face. "You have my trust, sir."

EquinoxDate: Th, 09.August.12, 11:52 PM | Message # 109
Before they walked off, he grabbed the gruff voiced man's shoulder.

"Yes?"

"Do you know where the Godslayer sword is?"

"Well, yes, but-"

"But what?"

"But there is a massive amount of undead across the building, protecting the sword."

"Hmp, no problem. Lead the way."

The rest of the Trinity arrived behind Ray.

"Oh hello, and who are you three?"

"This is Trintilla, the princess of Talu, Brutus, a dragoon elf, and Dexio, a shadow demon."

"Ah, well it is nice to meet you all."

"You're not scared at all?" Dexio asked, puzzled.

"No, not at all. I've seen plenty of your kind."

"Hmm, you're an interesting man. Lead the way."

"Alright."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 0:04 AM | Message # 110
They arrived at a castle-like complex, guarded by two skeleton pikemen. At sight of the group, the two tried to run inside, but with the swing of a hand, Ray threw forward a spear of air, which crushed the skull of one, and stuck into the door. with a pull, the door hit the other one, breaking it into separated bones.

"Nice throw."

"Thanks, first time I've ever used the air spear."

They entered the castle, only to see long corridors, much like the prison back in Talu.

"Oh fun, more fighting in small corridors."

The group traveled down the halls, meeting no resistance.

"The amount of resistance for a small castle is abysmal."

"Something's not right, there's almost always guards lining these halls."

"Do you think someone might have already gotten through?"

"Impossible, the front door guards wouldn't have been there, if someone had gotten through."

"True, True."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 0:10 AM | Message # 111
The crew got up to a large double door, which Ray pushed open, to reveal an army of Skeletons idling around the room, a winged man floating above the skeletons, looked at them.

"DARION!"

"Nice to see you again, Ray. Now skeletons, slow him down while I go take the sword." Darion flew through the large double doors at the other end of the room, with a smirk.

"Shit! We have to hurry!"

The skeletons began their horrid screeching, as they attacked the group.

Ray simply readied his fists, and shot forward into the crowd of bones.

Trintilla blasted at skeletons in the back of the room with her long-distance magic missiles, while throwing the occasional enemy with magic, before they could attack the gruff voiced man, who was bashing skulls in with the butt of his crossbow.

Brutus was swinging his spear, knocking skulls off and smashing others.

They continued to fight, until They destroyed at least half, and were able to run through them, and get through the double doors.

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 0:55 AM | Message # 112
Once they got through the doors, they revealed Darion at the other end of the hall.

"Shit, you just wont give up, will you?"

Darion slammed his axe into the ground, while the group ran towards him. Ray barely crossed the crack, as it crumbled beneath him, and he was cut off from the rest of the group.

The undead were closing in on the others.

"Tch, lucky." Darion ran off, down the corner.

"We can handle a few skeletons Ray, go after Darion!"

Ray nodded, and turned, chasing after Darion.

Ray turned the corner, and saw the double doors to the next room guarded by five skeletons.

Ray quickly dashed forward, and dismantled them with palm thrusts to the chin and face, crushing and removing their skulls.

Ray stepped forward, and looked at Darion, through the doors, who stood before a large flight of stairs.

Darion smirked.

"Catch me if you can, weakling."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:05 AM | Message # 113
Brutus blocked a sword with the side of his spear, and knocked away a skeleton. He then swung his spear down, and smashed the skeleton's skull.

Trintilla grabbed a skeleton by the head with her glowing hands, and before it could get her hands away, she formed a fireball inside his skull, then kicked him away, making him explode in the middle of the skeletons.

The gruff voiced man smashed a skeleton's head in with the butt of his crossbow, then disarmed one, taking his sword. He put away his crossbow, and began fighting with a sword and shield.

Dexio was slicing right through the skulls of any skeletons that approached him. He stood around the middle of the skeletons, keeping them at bay as they circle him, attacking him one at a time, leading to their deaths.

Brutus kicked one away, then looked at the other skeletons that were left. They were everywhere.

"There's too many, we can't out sustain this many skeletons, we'll be too tired to fight before we finish them!"

"Well we can't make the jump, Brutus!" Trintilla exclaimed.

"We're just going to have to fight, and hope Ray is back soon, with the godslayer sword, and Darion's head." Dexio said, turned around and slicing a skeleton in half.

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:11 AM | Message # 114
"Come now Ray, you can run faster than that!"

"Bah, I can't even see the top of the stairs because of you, Fatass!"

"Here, look at my foot instead!" He stopped on the stairs, and kicked forward at Ray, who stopped and ducked, and punched Darion's foot from under him, causing him to fall down the stairs a short bit, before regaining his footing, and resumed running up the stairs, Ray now in the lead.

"Get back here you little punk, I'll knock you down farther than that!"

"Hmp, try me!"

Ray jumped backwards onto Darion's shoulders, and kicked off him, back onto the stairs, but before Darion fell down, he grabbed Ray's foot.

"Gotcha."

As Darion fell down the stairs, he threw Ray down them, but Ray managed to grab a stair, and get back up.

"It wont be that easy."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:20 AM | Message # 115
"You persistent little bitch, give up already!" Darion Drew his axe, and threw it at Ray, and began running up the stairs again.

"Nice job, now you lost your-"

The axe flew by Ray's head, barely missing him as it returned to Darion's hand.

"A boomerang style throw? Interesting."

"Not everything I do is skill, that was magical intent."

"Nice use of magic, you nearly got me."

Darion smirked.

"Now Darion, how far do these stairs go?"

"It's the 10,000 stairs of punishment for a reason."

"10,000!? Are- Wha- Who has the time to build all these things!?"

"Ancient human magicians built this castle to appear as a regular castle, but it's really a mages tower, and a temple for the Godslayer sword."

"Hmm, that mages are quite the tricky bastards."

"There's a reason why this place alluded us for a few hundred years."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:27 AM | Message # 116
"Hmm? Even the dark magics could not find this place?"

"Surprisingly not."

"I wonder how they managed to protect this place so well, without any form of mages to protect it."

"Oh, mages were here, just not anymore."

"You killed them?"

"Me? Kill extremely useful magicians? No, we infected them with dark magic, and persuaded them to join our cause."

"Hmp, looks like the final battle will be much harder, now."

"Oh yes, much harder, now that we have these powerful mages, and a secret weapon."

"Hmm? And what would this secret weapon be?"

"Come now Ray, you should know that if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret weapon."

"True, True. Fine, be that way, I'll figure out what it is, before I kill it."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:32 AM | Message # 117
"Oh cmon Ray, don't be so down, at least throw something at me."

"That's no fun when you ask me to."

"Well DON'T then, I was just suggesting."

-In an unknown location-
Two white robed mages stood before a reflection pool, which showed Ray and Dexio.

"They speak so casually between each other, as if they don't realize they want to kill each other..."

"That is a rivalry, my son."

"Oh, father Manna, good to see you sir!"

"Yes yes, you too."

"Why does such a rivalry exist, sir?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why do mortal enemies have a rivalry like this, where, despite their countless times of trying to kill each other, they speak like friends."

"Because it is a rivalry, not a war. At least, not yet."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:35 AM | Message # 118
"What do you mean, Father?"

"Have you not watched them for long?"

"I have just started."

"Ah, that's why."

"Wha-"

"Nothing. Anyhow, they have both been gathering armies, to battle and decide the fate of middle earth. These fools feed off war as dark warriors, while Ray's side fights for revenge and to defeat the darkness like heroes, Darion's side fights for the same reason, except to eliminate the light side, to prevent them from liberating dark arts from the world, and removing the balance."

"What about Ray and Darion, though?"

"Darion and Ray, simply fight, to fight."

"What do you mean? They both have shown morals in front of their men, so why would that be?"

"Because, War changes men."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:41 AM | Message # 119
"You mean, even though Ray looks like the good guy, he's not?"

"I am afraid not. He is simply another war lover, who fights because he knows he will not die, and he fights because he has nothing to fight for."

"No...No, this cannot be right father, he has lost so much, why would he forget that for friendly fighting?"

"Because, sick people do sick things."

Meanwhile, at the entrance to the building, dark axemen slammed at the door.

"OPEN UP PRIESTS, YOU HAVE CAUSED FAR TOO MUCH TROUBLE!"

The warriors of Dark magic struck at the door with their fists again, shouting for the priests.
--
"But...Why?"

"My son, not all things can be explained. Some people are darker than those who truly worship darkness. True evil does not originate from your worships or your magic specialty, it originates from your actions and your attitude."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:46 AM | Message # 120
Another white cloaked man ran up the stairs, to them, and dropped to one knee.

"Father, they are here."

He sighed.

"I knew this day would come, but why now..."

"Shall we fight, sir?"

"It is our only option, no one is good in this world, as long as they side with wars of the flesh, instead of worshipping the gods!"

The young man at the pool sighed.

"Father.."

"Yes, my Son?"

"Men fight for a reason, right?"

"Not everyone."

"Then...What is our reason?"

"To show the powers our god have given us, to prevent this war."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:49 AM | Message # 121
"Ray, give up already!"

"No! I don't care if you beat me there, I'll beat you senseless, until you give me the sword!"

"Go away, I said!"

He turned, and threw his axe.

Ray grabbed the axe, and threw it back.

"I dont want this horrible weapon."

"Why you little-"

Ray dashed up the stairs past him, while he wasn't looking.

"HEY, GET BACK HERE!"

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:53 AM | Message # 122
"FATHER, NO!"

The man from the pool ran up to the priest, and dragged him out of the fight.

"Looks...Looks like I'll see you...In Hargrin..."

Hargrin is Heaven for them.

"No! Wake up father, don't die!"

"My son, protect the temple...At all costs..."

"I will-"

Before him stood A armored man with an axe.

"I'm afraid you can go join him, I'm here for the mages."

And then his axe came down.

"Shit, set up skeletons quick, we need to defend from those kids and the traitor."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:57 AM | Message # 123
"Come on Ray, don't disappoint me and reach the sword first!"

They reached the top, and saw a shrine up ahead, with purple veils around it.

Darion grabbed Ray's arm and pulled him back.

"Hah! I don't think so!"

"Get back!" Ray kicked Darion away, and Ran For the sword.

Darion tossed his axe, but missed. It came back to him, and he ran after Ray, who got to the shrine first.

He ran inside the veil, and Darion threw his axe.

"NO, GET BACK HERE!"

He ran towards the veil.

"IF YOU GET IT, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU RAY!"

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 1:58 AM | Message # 124
Darion's axe was on the ground, as Ray stepped out with a sword that looked like it was made from diamonds. The handle was made from black mythril, a rare ore that cannot be broken. It was carved to have a dragon mouth spitting the blade out, a dual-sided diamond sword, that is equally capable of stabbing, as well as slicing, anything it touches.

"Shit, you got the sword first."

Ray swung the sword in front of him with one hand, and spun it, grabbing the hilt with both hands, preparing to fight.

"Looks like you were too slow, fatass."

"Why you little-" Darion ran forward, and grabbed his axe with his left hand, Raising it with both hands, bringing it down executioner style.

As they clashed, Ray met blow for blow.

Ray swung hard, and kicked Darion away.

"Bah..."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 10.August.12, 11:38 PM | Message # 125
"Come now Darion, just because I got this fancy new sword, doesn't mean you can get weaker."

Darion shook off his confusion.

"I'm not weaker, I'm just more cautious, since you can actually kill me now."

"Hmm, you make a good point."

They both dashed forward again, and Ray swung downwards with both hands, and Darion blocked with a upper right-downward left block with his axe. Ray kicked Darion back again.

"Would you stop doing that?"

"Doing what, this?"

In the blink of an eye, Ray appeared in the air in front of Darion, and kicked him backwards, with a foot to the face.

"Yes, that!"

Ray gave a devilish smirk. "Sorry, I'll try to not do that anymore."

He appeared before Darion, and punched him in the jaw.

"That too!"

"Oh cmon, no Taijutsu at all?"

"It's just too unfair for me, I have to hold this thing with two hands to swing straight."

"Oh, fine."

Role-Playing Place » Archives » Summer(June-August) 2012 » The Trinity of Talius (That's the name of the land, if you didn't know.)
Search: