Sa, 20.April.24, 9:09 AM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » Modern Threads IZ here » Land of the Dead (Mmmmmwahahahaha)
Land of the Dead
NarutardDate: Tu, 14.July.15, 8:07 PM | Message # 1
The Reaper of Threads
Group: Co-Dictators
July 14, 1978    Piisgah, North Carolina

They've officially shut down the school. News and Media Outlets show up to my hospital room at all hours of the day, I wish they'd all just leave me alone. Don't they understand that...that...that all my friends are dead? I cant close my eyes without seeing their faces, screaming, begging for me to help them, I...I should have died with them. I shouldn't be alive.

We were just doing a stupid prank, we graduated, we were going to our different colleges in the fall, we wanted to play one last, stupid prank on the highschool that had been our hell for four years. Now it will be their hell forever...it should be mine too. What I saw, I can't even explain. It was an overwhelming darkness, just permeated throughout the school. It overwhelmed us, such awful noises, shrieks and screams. It was suffocating, and even before they started attacking, it felt like we were gonna die. Through the light on our phones...we...we tried to find the exit, but it was nowhere. It felt like we were someplace else entirely, not the school anymore. Then Alice got snatched, her face full of terror, and her scream echoed for minutes. And everyone began disappearing, one after the other, and then there were three of us. George, Yates, and me. We could see the door, it was a hundred feet away, but everything was crowding in around us. We sprinted. I heard George fall but I didn't turn around. My name in his screams will haunt me forever. Yates was holding my hand, and I remember thinking if I got out of this alive I would marry him. And then my arm jerked.

I whirled around to find Yates suspended in mid-air, hanging as if on a crucifix, his arms thrown wide, blood falling from his palms. He twitched once and exploded. I'm not joking...he exploded. I felt his blood splash all over me, and I couldn't even scream. All I saw were the horrible monsters that had been behind him: enormous, gruesome beasts not of this world. I turned and ran.

Now I'm here, alive. They haven't found any bodies, and I think they think I killed them all. I feel like I did...I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them. I should be with them.

I should be with them.

Reagan Woods was found hanging from the ceiling of her hospital room the next week, marking all of the infamous Pisgah Six dead. Since then, Pisgah High School has been closed to everyone, forgotten and abandoned for 37 years. Today marks the anniversary of their deaths and a group of friends from the new Pisgah High School (teasingly nicknamed PJ for Pisgah Jr.) want to celebrate their recent graduation by spending the night in the haunted high school. You are part of that group, adequately named the New Pisgah Six.

(Everyone is limited to one character, in hopes that everyone active on the site currently will join. If not everyone joins, I will fill in the remaining characters.)

Name:
Personality:
Where you plan to go for college: (College, City, State, keep in mind all local colleges should be located in NC even if made up)
Major:
Bio:
Extra:

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

NarutardDate: Tu, 14.July.15, 8:29 PM | Message # 2
The Reaper of Threads
Name: McKayla "Mickey" Faith 
Appearance: (attach. 1)
Personality: Eager, happy, stubborn, defensive, quick to get angry but quick to forgive and forget, thinks too quickly to keep up with her mouth
Where you plan to go for college: New York University in NY, NY
Major: Journalism/Theater 
Bio: Mickey is the heart and soul of the group, always loud, always boisterous, strong and raring to go. She brings you movies and soup when you're sick, makes you cookies for big accomplishments, the over prepared one, the Mom. She remembers the minute details you think no one will remember like how you like peanut butter but hate peanuts or you collect soda tabs to make jewelry and shows up with bags of them. That being said, she can have quite a temper when no one listens and due to taking kick boxing since she was a kid, she can be quite intimidating. 
Extra: She collects swords and practices sword fighting in hopes she may have a sword fight scene in a movie one day.
Attachments: 4409083.jpg (49.1 Kb)

Ilovedogs2Date: Tu, 14.July.15, 8:55 PM | Message # 3
A bored admin
Name: Raven Dèmir
Appearance: Clicky
Personality: Typical, A- B+ across the board standing student. Not too lazy nor too hard working. She has a strong sense of pride above all and doesn't make many friends. The ones she's able to continue with the friendships, Raven protects them ferociously as if her own family. Inwardly, she's hurt easily by other's words but can be caring. However her abrasive nature usually covers it up.
Where you plan to go for college: Johnston community college, NC (OK, idk. I googled it.)
Major: IT
Bio: The only child of European immigrants, Raven was born in Florida before moving to NC because of her dad's work. Growing up, she matured faster than most of her middle school friends. She quickly understood the power of words and how it was destructive. 8th grade rolled around and she found herself lonely as the friends she thought were friends talked behind her back and bullied her on social media. Hurt and wounded, Raven swore she would never let herself be in the same situation ever again. Her sweet and kind nature was hidden, and a more sarcastic and cold Raven was born the summer before highschool. Since then, she kept to herself and formed a few bonds with others.
Extra: She's handy with technology and software.Also likes to draw in spare time.

It's time.

NarutardDate: Tu, 14.July.15, 9:06 PM | Message # 4
The Reaper of Threads
(But she's friends with everyone in the New Pisgah Six, yah?)

(Accepted)

Ilovedogs2Date: Tu, 14.July.15, 9:16 PM | Message # 5
A bored admin
(Yah, now to wait for the gents.)

It's time.

EquinoxDate: Tu, 14.July.15, 9:50 PM | Message # 6
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Group: Administrators
(I'll join tonight, gotta find the time to do a decent cs)

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

NarutardDate: Tu, 14.July.15, 9:51 PM | Message # 7
The Reaper of Threads
(Okay! That's three, three more :D)

EquinoxDate: Tu, 14.July.15, 11:30 PM | Message # 8
Name: Mac Collins
Appearance: Short brown hair, Caucasian, brown eyes, strong complexion, athletically built, white shirt with a single pocket, blue jeans, white and black nike tennis shoes, likes to wear a light blue Chapel Hill hat with Ramsey the Ram's head on the front of it.
Personality: Sporty, flirty to a degree, a "gentleman" only in the part of chivalry that involves women. Loves talking about sports more than playing them.
Where you plan to go for college:  University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Major: Sports Science
Bio: You'd think Mac grew up in a giant football, as much as he talks about it. The truth is, it's something he did to honor the man he'll always view as his father. When he was born to Mariana and Todd Collins, his father was a (fictional) kicker for North Carolina. After his mother divorced his father for seemingly no reason at all, he spent most of his time with his mother. His father did everything he could to give Mac a good life and keep his life normal, but his mother seemingly didn't care. She went through Fourteen different boyfriends since the divorce, two of them becoming marriages that ended in only a few days. The unfaithful aren't very faithful to each other, it turns out. His mother died only three weeks ago in a car crash after heavy drinking. But, with many other drunken crashes, she couldn't just die without taking a happy family of four with her. His father offered to let him move in now that he is no longer held back by custody, but Mac has been staying at a hotel instead. He hopes that once he gets in control of his emotions, he can make up for lost time with his dad. 

Around his friends, you'd think he's just fine. Only his close friends even know he's staying at a hotel right now, and he hasn't told anyone but his absolute closest friends about his childhood issues. Mac moved where his dad went, but ever since the divorce he's been here, even when did dad continued to travel. He got into sports analysis and sports science after the divorce and the first case of physical abuse received from one of his mom's boyfriends. He realized that watching his dad on TV was the only way to see his dad consistently. When she removed the sports channels to stop this, his father brought the issue to court, and the court forced her to continue paying for the sports package, as well as letting him watch his father's games, at a slight raise in his father's alimony checks. His father gladly paid it to let his son see him on tv. Collins hopes to go to Chapel Hill to become a sports analyzer, and have something in common with his father, since he's not too good at football itself.
Extra: Mac considers himself a real ladies man, but he's never actually asked a girl out. It's well known that he's never asked a girl out, and no one's sure why he wont.

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 14.July.15, 11:40 PM | Message # 9
Commander
(This is interesting...I take it this will be what I dubbed a long time ago as a Mastermind thread, where the Thread Owner has a clear idea for a plot but isn't going to spoil it for the others. 

Either way, Spooky Haunted High School, I love spooky crap...i'm in :D)

I love Spooky Crap :D

NarutardDate: Tu, 14.July.15, 11:40 PM | Message # 10
The Reaper of Threads
(Accepted!)

NarutardDate: Tu, 14.July.15, 11:58 PM | Message # 11
The Reaper of Threads
(I should explain, this will not be entirely horror, but a mix of horror, modern, and fantasy. They will be traversing the land of the dead together, fighting monsters and discovering a new world, trying to get home, but I wanted it here because I felt fantasy was packed enough. Anything can happen, from magic to dying)

EquinoxDate: Tu, 14.July.15, 11:59 PM | Message # 12
(Well, if it's in modern times then it can go in modern all the same. I would say we need to get something in futuristic to flesh out again, but none of us seem to enjoy those anyway.)

Dillon0909Date: We, 15.July.15, 0:00 AM | Message # 13
Commander
Name: Mortus Mortem

Appearance: See Attachment

Personality: Socially Awkward, Prefers Solitude to Social activity, intelligent, really REALLY loves spooky things the supernatural are his favorite subject, is actually very nice, is also interested in making movies. 

Where you plan to go for college: University of Nebraska Omaha. Omaha, NE (Sorry Naru Nebraskan native XD) 

Major: Film and General Studies (Which BTW is my major in RL)  

Bio: Mortus can only be described as an ugly duckling. Someone that looks like he'll knife you in the back and laugh while he does it, when really he's a cuddly teddy bear. While he has many interests, be they the Internet, Film Study, Animation, Video Games, ect, ect, his favorite by far are stories of the Supernatural. Things that can not be explained by mortal man fascinate him, and if anyone asked he could probably go on for hours though. 

However, he's not perfect...he has some severe mental issues in his head that he takes medicine for and that he kind of keeps secret from the others so they don't worry about him. 

Extra: Has a minor crush on Raven but keeps it to himself mostly
Attachments: 8685040.png (93.1 Kb)

Dillon0909Date: We, 15.July.15, 0:01 AM | Message # 14
Commander
(Even better :D)

NarutardDate: We, 15.July.15, 0:03 AM | Message # 15
The Reaper of Threads
(Accepted)

(*quietly chanting* Raz and Duck, Raz and Duck, Raz and Duck)

Dillon0909Date: We, 15.July.15, 0:09 AM | Message # 16
Commander
(Side note thank you for explaining that to us)

NarutardDate: We, 15.July.15, 1:50 AM | Message # 17
The Reaper of Threads
(I'm going to go ahead and make another character, so it'll be five atm and we can start. I'll give the others two ish days to join before I ask one of you guys to make a second but yah)

Name: Garret Tomlinson
Appearance: attach.
Personality: Goofy, trickster, always one to play a prank or crack a joke, actually very depressed but tries to hide it with his humor or his music
Where you plan to go to college: Winthrop University (Go Eagles!) Rock Hill, SC
Major: Football Scholarship, but Music
Bio: Garret lived in Pisgah all his life but he was always a part of the popular crowd. A bunch a snotty kids with rich parents paying for their spots on sports teams, whereas Garret got in purely on talent. Once in high school he practically dominated the football field, but hated the people he called "friends". He met Mickey when she was doing an article for him in the newspaper and ended up admitting how much he hated his current life. She invited him to one of her weekend get togethers with everyone and soon grew attached to the group. Pisgah Five became Pisgah Six and that was that. He could actually play guitar and be himself, and he didn't feel bad about yelling at everyone on the football team once he became captain, because he was no longer close friends with him. He knew Mickey and the others didn't have a real big thing for Football but they always went to his games. He loved them for that.
Extra: Garret never leaves home without his guitar.
Attachments: 6037838.jpg (280.9 Kb)

NarutardDate: We, 15.July.15, 1:56 AM | Message # 18
The Reaper of Threads
The Pisgah Six were all loaded into Mickey's car, their backpacks shoved into the back as they drove for the abandoned Pisgah Highschool. Mickey drove a 2008 Nissan Xterra, roomy with an open trunk, but still only able to sit five people, so of course, Mickey drove, Raven passenger, with Mac, Mort, and (Insert future character here) in the backseat. Garret was situated in the trunk with the backpacks, plucking away at his guitar and singing quietly as everyone talked. Mickey was the loudest really.

"I'm just so flipping excited guys. Another month and we'll...we'll be leaving to all our different colleges. One last big trip together, to a spooky haunted highschool," She laughed, turning on her blinker to take the exit. "It's gonna be great."

EquinoxDate: We, 15.July.15, 2:03 AM | Message # 19
-Mac-
"Just a heads up, if any of you try to scare me, I can't promise I wont scream like a girl and hit you." I joked.

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 15.July.15, 2:10 AM | Message # 20
A bored admin
Raven smiled at her friend. She already knew she was going to miss her as she was staying here, while Mickey went to New York. "Guaranteed a good memory."

It's time.

NarutardDate: We, 15.July.15, 2:11 AM | Message # 21
The Reaper of Threads
Garret's head appeared besides Mac. "Why, you a pussy?" He breathed, trying to scare him with the suddenness. Mickey laughed from the front and looked over at Raven with a wide smile.

EquinoxDate: We, 15.July.15, 9:38 AM | Message # 22
"No, I just wanna test my vocal range for when I go to college for opera singing." I thumped his forehead to get his breath off me.

NarutardDate: We, 15.July.15, 10:38 AM | Message # 23
The Reaper of Threads
Garret laughed before settling in the trunk again, plucking at the guitar strings. "How much longer Mickey?" He asked. She poked at her GPS and her eyes flashed in the rear view mirror. "About 20 minutes."

Ilovedogs2Date: We, 15.July.15, 12:10 PM | Message # 24
A bored admin
Raven smiled as she listened to the two boys. They could act all big and strong, but deep within they were scared.

It's time.

Dillon0909Date: We, 15.July.15, 1:26 PM | Message # 25
Commander
Mortus smiled as he layed his head back and kept to himself. He said quietly "I just hope the rumors of this place is true. Wouldn't it be kind of awesome if we spotted an actual GHOST in there?"

Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » Modern Threads IZ here » Land of the Dead (Mmmmmwahahahaha)
Search: