We, 24.April.24, 6:42 PM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Forum moderator: Creation100  
Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » The Future » Conflict of Interest (Whispers of Rebellion have begun)
Conflict of Interest
NarutardDate: Su, 03.August.14, 6:08 PM | Message # 1
The Reaper of Threads
Group: Co-Dictators
"The world has become imbued with the wonders of technology. The kitchen cooks what you ask, your clothes wash themselves. Groceries appear in your fridge once a month and everything you could ever need can appear at the press of a button. Nothing has been left untouched by technology. Sounds wonderful, right?

Wrong. Technology is being controlled, it has become a monopoly of the government. The food you receive are the rations put in place, no more, no less. People are being fed into believing they live in the lap of luxury, but fail to see how little they are able to eat, how little freedom they have. No one goes out anymore, theaters, rinks, malls and restaurants have all shut down. We have no need of them when we can get it all at home. The parents work from home, children attend online school, pets show up on the doorstep after you buy them online, it is rare to see the light of day. Only twice a year do people venture forth from their homes, The Week of Thanks and the Choosing.

The Week of Thanks is a week in late November when towns and cities all gather in their community center to enjoy each other's company and give thanks to their wonderful lives. During this week many gifts and privileges are given to everyone by the government. It is also during this time that many young couples get married in order to receive their housing assignments. It is a time for the government to reassure their hold on the people.

The Choosing is a day in mid April that everyone who is 16 or supposed to turn 16 that year gathers and is given a task. These tasks are chosen by a general test given the year before and based on how the task is completed and to what degree success is achieved, the male or female is assigned a career. A career that will tie them down for the rest of their life. The careers stand as follows:

Runners
-Construction - They are very skilled in handy work and getting things done quickly
-Repairmen - Know the outer workings of our technological system, they can fix anything wrong.

Office
-Programming - Programming the code, they help make everything run as smoothly as it does. A highly coveted position and very hard to achieve.
-Bank - They take care of all of our electronic money
-Management - Help with assigning and laying out the choosing, everything goes through them before they go to the government
-Scanners - the most common job, they scan requests and send them to the correct factories to be carried out.

Fine Art - all these are givens, just take note all save theater is performed within the confines of home.
-Visual
-Music
-Theater
-Dance

Other
-Teachers - instruct the youth of today. They are paid straight from the government. Aka brainwashers.
-Manufacturers - They make all of our material goods, be it food or what.

Government positions are exceptionally rare to be chosen for, and once chosen, no one hears from them again.

So, Munchers, why are you here? The system rejected you, spit you out on the streets to die, your test results read negative and they needed to get rid of you. Yesterday was Choosing Day and today you're out on the streets. You are a nobody to the world now, but not to us.

Who are we? We are the Survivors, when the world told us no, we said yes. When the people moved out and left their malls and stores empty, we moved in and staked our claim, and we're growing. More and more are being jutted into the streets because the Tyrants have no idea what to do with us. We can't be controlled, we see through their lies, and they know it. But they've lost track, they don't know how many of us are out here anymore. We stay quiet, hidden, on the downlow. They think us dead, but their wrong.

Munchers, today you join us, we feast to your arrival, but tomorrow, you begin preparing. We are raising an army to fight against this monopolized world, and we ask you to join us. Of course it's your choice to stay or not, but I strongly recommend you stay. So make your choice now, stand with me or sit where you are!"
-Alexandra "Captain Ally" Schmidt

--------
-Munchers
-New recruits, currently in training, referred to as Munchers because all their good for is eating the food.

-Foot Soldiers
-These will be a part of the army, but for now guard the bases

-Geek squad
-Our technological geniuses, they are to be protected at all costs

-Hunters
-Our best men and women, they go out on secret missions, do small revolutionary work and reconnaissance missions.

-Officers
-Few and far in between. Ally is the head of it all, but there are many, a head honcho at every town base as well.

----------
Rules:
-You all start out as Munchers if you choose to stand, this means you follow orders and do what your told. These people rescued you off the streets and gave you food and shelter, the least you could do is listen.
-If you decide to sit, you'll be assigned to Care. These are doctors, cooks, and teachers. You take care of everyone.
-No government tested people, you're regular people.
-I make the rules.
-You are not going to be some kick ass kid, you were raised in the lap of luxury, at most you're a sports star, but you do not know how to handle weapons or really fight.
-You start at age fifteen
-Home city is Denver, Colorado, dress appropriately for cold weather
-ENJOY IT

You had the lucky chance of being thrown on the streets of Ally's home base. Now the choice is yours...stand, or sit?

Name:
Stand? Or sit?:
Bio: (Please include familial information such as jobs and relationships)
Extra:

You all start out as munchers

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

Dillon0909Date: Su, 03.August.14, 6:42 PM | Message # 2
Commander
Group: Administrators
Name: Molly Viran
Appearance: FOUND ONE biggrin http://www.google.com/imgres?....bih=640
Stand?or sit?: Stand
Bio: Bio: Molly was thrown out of her house because she just simply asked why? She asked why everyone was sitting still and doing nothing, when the world is so beautiful. Eventually her family of visual artists got sick of it, and threw her out into her own, when by accident she ran into The Survivors. She's been described as a bit Naive, but in a charming sort of way.  Her Belief is that the world can have all this technology, without government control. She has no relationship with anyone, don't really care to either.
Extra: N/A

I love Spooky Crap :D

NarutardDate: Su, 03.August.14, 9:18 PM | Message # 3
The Reaper of Threads
Name: Alexandra "Ally" Schmidt

Appearance: http://destinyblue.deviantart.com/art/TOXIC-444895229

Stand? Or sit?: lol

Bio: Ally has run this operation since she was 14. When she hit the streets, everyone was just wandering around aimlessly, but that's to her exceptional people skills and eloquence, her group, The Survivors, began to form. She has since traveled all over the country and recruited many people. She has bases in almost every major city and many smaller towns. She travels around a lot, it is rare for her to stay in one place for long, but her main base city is that where everyone is from, Denver.

Extra: Ally has secrets that will come out later

DepressedDuckDate: Su, 03.August.14, 10:15 PM | Message # 4
The man with no frontal cortex.
Group: Moderators
Name: Steve Terra
Appearance: Messy brown hair frames a pale, almost ghostly face. He has eyes of sharp blue, hidden behind thin glasses, and a rather small nose. His frame is almost gaunt, one can almost see his bones through his skin. His common attire includes loose jeans and a large orange and black jacket that completely covers his arms up to the hands. Nobody knows what lies beneath that jacket and nobody intents to find out.
Stand? Or sit?: Stand.
Bio: Steve has been underweight and thin all his life. Even though the government provided food more than thought possible, Steve still only ate the bare minimum he needed. At times he seemed to legitimately neglect himself. He is very weak physically, but he uses his intelligence to his advantage as much as possible. As far as anyone knows, he has been an introvert most of his life. Nobody can remember a time he has appeared without his jacket. He was also an enthusiastic player of the complicated game of Rollux.
Rollux is the single largest video game in the world, in both size, scale, and player base. Giving users complete creative freedom, players can design new worlds, explore old ones, fight monsters and gain experience, all user-friendly and all free(sponsored by the government, of course.) Ever since discovering the game at age 10, Steve was hooked, first as a player, becoming quite literate with the game mechanics quite quickly, and then as someone who knew the game better than the developers knew it themselves.
Currently, he has been ejected from society. He basically had to be dragged out for previous weeks of thanks and choosing days, but after a turning point in his life last year, he took to going outside more often. Whether this was because he expected to be ejected or not remains to be seen.

Extra: Despite being inside for most of his life, he seems to have a way with cats. Shortly after being ejected, he took several strays, booted out of their houses because they were not up to their owners specifications, under his wing.

Walk without rhythm

EquinoxDate: Su, 03.August.14, 11:49 PM | Message # 5
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
(On a side note, out of curiosity, does Dillon have permission to be 18? I'm assuming so since his bio refers to his character having already known about the survivors.)

Name: Sid 'Cyrus' Micheals
Appearance: 6'1, 210, shaved (With brown hair), Caucasian, kinda bulky, but in a football player way. Surprisingly large ears, brown eyes. Mainly wears plain t-shirts and sweat pants for casual wear.
Stand? Or sit?: Sit
Bio: (Please include familial information such as jobs and relationships) Coming from a family of rotund people, who lived entirely off of what the government gave them, Cyrus wasn't content with simply living the quiet family life. His family cared about nothing but themselves. His family disgusted him. His own body disgusted him. So, at the age of 13, Cyrus made the decision to change his life. Dropping everything not educational or physically improving, he went on a personal crusade against his body. He did what he could to improve his body and mind. He wanted to be something great. He wanted to be something beyond a simple scanner like the rest of his family strove to be. They were intentionally failing just enough to become scanners. His rotund mother, Rotund father, Rotund older brother, and his soon to be Rotund, quite a bit younger brother.

A few days before the test, he changed his mind. He had become influenced heavily by one sided politics. And with his pride being rather immense, he took it among himself to be a political activist of a sort. He no longer wanted to be here. He wanted to be ejected, and leave. Stories of life being more difficult, but worth the work put in to it, was all it took to convince Cyrus. His mind was set. He intentionally flunked the test, to leave it all behind. After being kicked out of his house and shunned by his clearly content family, Cyrus left to find greener pastures. But he didn't know where to go, or how to get there. Realizing the fatal flaw to his plan, Cyrus was soon on his last leg of happiness and contentment. Ready to give up and die rather than tough it out as a reject, Cyrus discovered the survivors. This was truly what he was preparing for. This is his chance to voice his opinion. This is his chance to become something great.

Extra: Cyrus gets mad if you talk about his ears. Cyrus almost never gets violent however, no matter how angry he gets. He also dislikes being called Sid, but it's not that bad. Cyrus is quite vocal about his opinions, and is strongly rooted to anything he thinks is right.

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

NarutardDate: Mo, 04.August.14, 0:23 AM | Message # 6
The Reaper of Threads
Name: Taylor Yvoch

Appearance: http://yuumei.deviantart.com/art/Technicolor-418790529

Stand? Or sit?: Stand

Bio: Taylor's father was a repairmen, his mother a teacher. If anything, he should have been the perfect child, but he was anything but. His father's glazed silence and mother's critical state left him questioning and uncomfortable. The same food schedule every month was blatant, the outside locks on the doors screamed at him, nothing was right with how he was living. He found his escape when he flunked the test and was thrown onto the streets. He left without a glance backwards and that's when Ally found him and brought her back with everyone else. He knew now it was up to him to put his knowledge and skill to the test, to save the future.

Extra: Super smart, great with technology. Amazing hacker.

NarutardDate: Mo, 04.August.14, 0:43 AM | Message # 7
The Reaper of Threads
Captain Ally looked around, most had stood with her, but a few had remained standing. One in particular had caught her eye and she approached him. It was his slightly larger ears that made him stand out but she could see in him a passion. "You know anything medical?" She asked of him.

Taylor remained where he was, standing and unsure of whether or not he should move. Beside him on his right was a rather ditsy looking girl, and on his left a lanky boy with a few meows emanating from him. Taylor looked at his feet, wondering what sort of rag tag team he had gotten himself into

EquinoxDate: Mo, 04.August.14, 0:52 AM | Message # 8
"Yes ma'm. No direct experience, but I've got a good idea how to do it all."

DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 04.August.14, 1:11 PM | Message # 9
Steve stood, slightly taller than many of the other boys and girls around him. He watched as...the captain (he made a mental note to try and remember her name in the future instead of getting distracted by one of the stray cats circling the group) questioned the one with the ears about medical supplies. He was glad he stood, he knew crap about meds.
He looked to his right. The boy in the black spiky hair seemed to be normal enough, even though Steve knew for a fact that nobody here was the government's definition of normal. If they were all normal, they would be off to learn their new trades, and he would still be online on Rollux. One look at the headphones was almost all it took to make him shiver with that possibility.

Walk without rhythm

Dillon0909Date: Mo, 04.August.14, 1:26 PM | Message # 10
Commander
Molly:

I smiled widely as I stood up and walked around. It's so nice to be accepted.

NarutardDate: Mo, 04.August.14, 1:35 PM | Message # 11
The Reaper of Threads
Taylor quickly grabbed the girls wrist, pulling her back to where she was standing. "Are you stupid?" He hissed under his breath. "The captain hasn't dismissed us yet, we stay where we are." Oh boy this really was going to be an adventure...

Captain
"Good, that's really good." I waved forward one of my lieutenants. "You'll follow this man to get your assignments and we'll reconvene for dinner. As for the rest of you munchers...you'll follow me to the bunkers to get your training assignments.

The tall bull of a man smiled at the prospective doctor. "We have need of doctors, I applaud you for sitting. If you'll follow me,"

Dillon0909Date: Mo, 04.August.14, 1:39 PM | Message # 12
Commander
Molly:

"Oh I'm sorry I thought we were done" I said with a smile. "By the way, I'm Molly, it's nice to meet you"

DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 04.August.14, 1:40 PM | Message # 13
Steve breathed a sigh of relief as he started to follow the Captain towards the bunkers...wherever the hell they were. Now, where are..ah, there they were.
His cats stayed out of sight along the sides of the group, following him from a distance. If the bunker locked or such they might have to run to catch up, but cats are patient creatures by nature.
Well...all of them except for one. Mimzy walks right alongside Steve in the crowd, giving no damns at all. She's headstrong but over excitable.

Walk without rhythm

NarutardDate: Mo, 04.August.14, 2:05 PM | Message # 14
The Reaper of Threads
Taylor gave her meaningful shush just as the captain said "No talking." We followed her outside of the movie theater we had been meeting in out into the open. He was never used to the permanently black sky, the artificial stars twinkling incessantly. He drew his jacket tighter around him and kept walking, eyes focused on the ground.

Captain Ally was headed for the mall in the distance. Dim light was emanating from it.

DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 04.August.14, 2:13 PM | Message # 15
A whole mall full of people...
Steve could count the number of times he'd seen over a shopping-malls worth of people on one hand. He felt a lump grow in his stomach.
Mimzy, obviously not feeling the serious atmosphere of the situation, ran ahead of Steve, dashing through the crowd. The other cats remained in the shadows, watching Mimzy.

Walk without rhythm

Dillon0909Date: Mo, 04.August.14, 5:37 PM | Message # 16
Commander
Molly:

I followed in silence, just as hopeful as ever.

EquinoxDate: Mo, 04.August.14, 6:13 PM | Message # 17
"Yes Sir. What should I call you, sir?" I asked the man. And I thought I was big for my age. This guy was big for any age.

DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 04.August.14, 7:37 PM | Message # 18
Mmzy came back, hitting back against Steve's legs. They were probably hungry, and he might get a chance to feed them soon. At least he hoped he could. For now he simply stroked her on the head, trying not to slow down too much.

Walk without rhythm

Message edited by DepressedDuck - Mo, 04.August.14, 8:52 PM

AnchorageDate: Mo, 04.August.14, 8:38 PM | Message # 19
Colonel general
Group: Users
Name: Sean Gallagher
Appearance: 5'9, 180 pounds with messy black hair swayed to the right and green eyes. His skin is pale because of the constant cold weather and time spent indoors. He usually wears flannel shirts with jeans or khakis.
Stand? Or sit?: Stand
Bio: (Please include familial information such as jobs and relationships): Born into a family of artists, Sean was never truly employed, despite harnessing the skills his parents had and helping them out often. His parents were gone alot though, latch keying him and leaving him alone in the home often. As he aged he became more of a negative person with a realistic mindset.
Extra:

let's camp in the forest with harmonicas and nature's harmonies

NarutardDate: Tu, 05.August.14, 12:28 PM | Message # 20
The Reaper of Threads
(Accepted)
"George Takei," the brute of a man told him, "but you can just call me George. I'll be your mentor for the next few weeks." He led him into an empty theater where all the seats had been ripped up. There were a few beds here and there and medical supplies everywhere. "As of right now I'm the only doctor here, but you'll soon change that. What's your name, son?"

Captain Ally pushed open the entrance the mall. They arrived to what looked like a food court. There were several people working the kitchens in the back but the bulk of the population was seated at tables. The room fell quiet as Captain Ally and the Munchers entered. She gestured to them. "Our new recruits"

Taylor looked around. This colony was huge, so many people dedicated to the same cause. Some looked like they'd been here for years. In fact they had to have been, there were tiny children running around and under tables. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 05.August.14, 1:39 PM | Message # 21
Commander
Molly smiled as she looked around, some many men and women dedicated to doing the right thing. To standing up instead of doing nothing, it felt like she was in a true home.

DepressedDuckDate: Tu, 05.August.14, 1:52 PM | Message # 22
This...was truly something. A whole society, children and all, right underneath the government's nose. Unbelievable. Steve had to hand it to the captain, he didn't expect this many people to flock to her cause.
All the cats were by Steve now, flocking near the only thing that made sense in this whole mess of people. He couldn't blame them, he honestly felt the same way. 
Since he was standing near the front of the crowd, some of the children who weren't engaged in play looked up at them. Several of them were looking directly at his cats and whispering excitedly at each other. That probably wasn't a good sign. He also had sort of hoped that the cats would slip off of the captains radar, or she would understand, or something along those lines, but now there was no guarantee his cats would pass this point.

Walk without rhythm

AnchorageDate: Tu, 05.August.14, 10:47 PM | Message # 23
Colonel general
Group: Users
Sean

I stand in the kitchen, doing my part in a massive staff. As the whole cafeteria falls silent, everyone seems to get excited.

let's camp in the forest with harmonicas and nature's harmonies

EquinoxDate: Tu, 05.August.14, 10:49 PM | Message # 24
(George Takei? Oh my.)

"Sid Micheals, but I go by Cyrus."

EquinoxDate: Fr, 08.August.14, 2:23 PM | Message # 25
(If you can get me the game, I'll play it for you and send video. I am the un-cringe-able gamer)

Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » The Future » Conflict of Interest (Whispers of Rebellion have begun)
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Search: