Fr, 29.March.24, 5:55 AM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
Forum moderator: Creation100  
Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » The Future » Conflict of Interest (Whispers of Rebellion have begun)
Conflict of Interest
NarutardDate: Fr, 15.August.14, 11:31 PM | Message # 26
The Reaper of Threads
Group: Co-Dictators
"Cyrus huh? Welcome kid," George handed him a water bottle.

Ally led them further into the compound. "You'll find your living supplies by that wall over there, and any unclaimed room can be yours. I'll see you all in the morning." She turned on her heel and left for her room in a darkened book store.

Taylor stood, looking around. Everyone was approaching with smiles and warm welcomes. It was so...odd.

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

EquinoxDate: Sa, 16.August.14, 0:14 AM | Message # 27
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Group: Administrators
I accept the water bottle, and look around.

Only two medical experts, with all those people that I came in with? This can't possibly go well.

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

DepressedDuckDate: Sa, 16.August.14, 4:20 PM | Message # 28
The man with no frontal cortex.
Group: Moderators
Left and right, people were finding places to live. Everyone there was exceptionally friendly, and most of the crowd was directed towards what looked like a department store. Plenty of clothes to wear, and plenty of makeshift cloth beddings to be had.
Steve and his cats looked around the empty hall, at all of the stores and other places people had taken residence in.
While he would enjoy his time in a bookstore, he had no doubt that the captain was fiercely territorial, and wouldn't want a muncher bunkmate. He looked around again.
That was an old computer store. He doubted by now anything worked in it, but he saw people moving in there: Maybe the techies? He'd drop by there later, but it was no living quarters.
That was an appliance store...He would rather not be surrounded by menacing blades as he slept.
That was a dark beauty parlor...Nope.
However, it was one of his other cats that drew his attention. He was plodding over to a dark store, and as Steve followed him, other cats in tow, he noticed the sign on the window, faded with age.
Petstop: Your first stop for your best friend.
This was it.

Walk without rhythm

Dillon0909Date: Sa, 16.August.14, 7:08 PM | Message # 29
Commander
Molly:

I looked at the guy who was talking me earlier and said "Hey there, wanna share a room?"

I love Spooky Crap :D

NarutardDate: Su, 17.August.14, 10:10 PM | Message # 30
The Reaper of Threads
Taylor looked at her briefly and shook his head. "No thanks, I'll see you in the morning," he mumbled. He grabbed his bag of supplies and jogged down the hallway. Time to find a place to stay.

George tossed Cyrus a bed roll. "Best to get some sleep,"

EquinoxDate: Su, 17.August.14, 10:18 PM | Message # 31
"Thank you. Where exactly do I sleep?"

DepressedDuckDate: Su, 17.August.14, 11:38 PM | Message # 32
He opened the door manually, although it was obvious that at one point or another it was fully automatic. Looks like the techs decided to cut the door control so everyone could access everything. Luckily, Steve found the lights still worked.
It was beautiful. A whole room full of seemingly useless pet supplies. Mimzy had already taken the highest cat-house in the display windows, the other cats milled peacefully, exploring their surroundings.
Steve checked the shelves. A few things had been taken, notable the dog chew toys, rope must be hard to find, and several of the larger beds, but he wasn't looking for such toys. He looked at the back, hoping, praying...
Yes. It turns out the people here were not so desperate to eat to resort to cat food. Steve pulled open a can, sending the cats running for dinner.

Walk without rhythm

Message edited by DepressedDuck - Su, 17.August.14, 11:39 PM

Dillon0909Date: Mo, 18.August.14, 1:00 AM | Message # 33
Commander
Molly:

I smiled and said "Okay, see you later Taylor" I just went to the first room I saw and opened it

DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 18.August.14, 2:56 PM | Message # 34
The cats greedily ate from the can. Steve stood up and smiled. There was enough dry and wet food here for a long time. It seems like everything was going to be alright after all.
There was a creak as the door to the shop was opened. Steve whipped his head in the direction of the door. There were still some shelves in the way, so he didn't see who was there. He weaved his way towards the enterance, wondering who would be so curious as to enter a pet store, of all places.

Walk without rhythm

NarutardDate: Su, 24.August.14, 1:29 PM | Message # 35
The Reaper of Threads
George shrugged. "Anywhere not in the way," I told him.

Taylor wandered the halls until he found a decrepit movie store. No one had chosen it yet, probably because they couldn't get the TVs to work but Taylor smirked. He'd get them going.

EquinoxDate: Su, 24.August.14, 3:12 PM | Message # 36
I found a nice little area where some seats had been removed, to set up to sleep. Not a very comfortable spot, but it's better for me to sleep here than someone who is hurt.

Dillon0909Date: Su, 24.August.14, 7:39 PM | Message # 37
Commander
Taylor:

I found an old video game store to lay in. it was pretty crummy looking

DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 25.August.14, 1:27 PM | Message # 38
Looking out the window, Steve couldn't see anybody anymore. Damn, maybe it was just somebody looking in each shop, one by one...whatever amount of sense that made.
While he stood there, Steve looked across the hall at some of the other stores. One store near him looked like an old video game store.
Oh no. Steve, not now. You kicked your video gaming habit months ago. You don't even have a way to play those games. Why would you even want to-
Steve found his hand on the door to the video game store.
Dammit. If he was going to look in it, it might as well be now.
He pushed the door open. Taking advantage of the open door, Mimzy, already finished with dinner, ran in before Steve.

Walk without rhythm

NarutardDate: Su, 31.August.14, 12:10 PM | Message # 39
The Reaper of Threads
(@Dillon: Molly)
Taylor set his sleeping bag down behind a movie display, out of sight of the windows, but Taylor could see everything. A good vantage point to have. He sat on top of the bag, going through the rest of his supplies.

George
I continued sorting our medical supplies. We would need to make a med run soon...

Dillon0909Date: Su, 31.August.14, 3:58 PM | Message # 40
Commander
Molly:

I smiled and layed down, and looked at the decrepid old looking tvs. I wonder if they still work.

EquinoxDate: Su, 31.August.14, 8:39 PM | Message # 41
Finding the closest thing to comfort I could get in this spot, I laid down.

All those skinny and weak people doing the big labor, while I'm working medicine? Sure, there's a few big guys in there, but for the most part, there weren't a lot of grade-A laborers there. Then again, we all failed for a reason.

DepressedDuckDate: Su, 31.August.14, 11:53 PM | Message # 42
Steve was one step into the store, and he was already hypnotized. Holy mother of god these games looked INCREDIBLE!
Most of them were covered in an ancient layer of dust. Steve picked the nearest one up and wiped off the covering to reveal the title: Half Life 2.
Mimzy ran ahead through the video game store. Deciding to take the high ground, she jumped up to the top of a shelf. However, in the process she hit a pile of boxes resting there, knocking them off.
A loud series of thuds was heard as boxes went everywhere. Steve looked up, his nostalgia-trance broken by the sudden noise, and quickly found the cause. He hoped he didn't bother anyone with that noise.
Mimzy was seated on the shelf triumphantly, having vanquished the obviously evil boxes that sat here before her. She had dethroned them, and therefore took their place as king of the shelf.

Walk without rhythm

NarutardDate: Su, 07.September.14, 12:18 PM | Message # 43
The Reaper of Threads
(Night passes slowly, and of course it would. This was the first night without an actual bed, and tomorrow your training would be begin. Early in the morning, around 0530, the intercom awoke your restless slumber)
"Up and at 'em Munchers, I need you in the Food Court in 5!"

Dillon0909Date: Su, 07.September.14, 2:27 PM | Message # 44
Commander
Molly:

I stretched and walked to the Food Court with such a smile.

NarutardDate: Su, 07.September.14, 2:53 PM | Message # 45
The Reaper of Threads
Taylor
I sat up and rubbed my back. What a restless night...I ran my fingers through my hair and tapped the screen of my phone. It lit up to show the time and 0 messages. I sighed and pocketed it. Luckily I had gotten one outlet to work and charge my phone. I stood and rolled up my stuff, stashing it beneath a shelf and jogging out. Let's let this day begin.

Ally was sat on a table in the middle of the Food Court, throwing a knife up and down as she waited. Besides that, the area was dark and empty.

Dillon0909Date: Su, 07.September.14, 2:56 PM | Message # 46
Commander
Molly:

I smiled and walked in the Food Court looking around for a place to sit.

NarutardDate: Su, 07.September.14, 3:08 PM | Message # 47
The Reaper of Threads
Ally watched her quietly. "You sure are chipper for someone abandoned by family and friends," she commented, no malice in her voice, but no kindness either.

DepressedDuckDate: Su, 07.September.14, 3:10 PM | Message # 48
After a restful night's sleep, Steve wandered into the food court. Mimzy strode proud alongside him, the other cats stayed back in the shadows.
In the darkness of the food court, their eyes shone, a chorus of yellow, green and blue.
Not really wanting to directly face the captain, but not really wanting to be rude, he sat around 2-3 tables away from her. Mimzy got on the table, sitting down and expecting to be petted.

Walk without rhythm

Dillon0909Date: Su, 07.September.14, 3:22 PM | Message # 49
Commander
Molly:

"Well no point in being sad about it" I said sitting down near Ally. "If I dwell on it, I won't help make the world better"

NarutardDate: Su, 07.September.14, 3:25 PM | Message # 50
The Reaper of Threads
Ally looked at her quietly, blinking at her bravery. "Don't sit so close, I need to talk to you all as a whole."

Taylor trotted in, having jogged from the other side of the mall. Ah how great it felt to get his blood moving for once. He stopped beside Steve and remained standing. The others had filed in, taking seats at tables, talking quietly as they waited.

Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » The Future » Conflict of Interest (Whispers of Rebellion have begun)
Search: