We, 01.May.24, 1:11 PM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
Forum moderator: Creation100  
Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » The Future » Conflict of Interest (Whispers of Rebellion have begun)
Conflict of Interest
DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 7:55 PM | Message # 101
The man with no frontal cortex.
Group: Moderators
(I Like it. It gives us all something to do, and has exposition in it.)

Walk without rhythm

EquinoxDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:10 PM | Message # 102
Galaxy conquering warlord who likes to RP
Group: Administrators
(Looks fun)

A sane man in an insane world will go insane.

NarutardDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:12 PM | Message # 103
The Reaper of Threads
Group: Co-Dictators
Pulling the small book was a good choice as the bookcase swung open. Had Steve chosen the larger book a trapdoor would have opened beneath him, pitching him outside of the building and painfully behind the rest of the Munchers and in danger of becoming a Caretaker, but luck was with Steve: hanging from a lamp was a red flag.

Taylor didn't pause to acknowledge Molly as she fell in beside him, he only kept walking. His mind was warring with his heart, and the pain of it was evident on his face. He knew he had done the right thing but never, never in his 16 years of sheltered life, of violent video games and endless school, never had he imagined how hard doing the right thing was. He was painfully aware that the government killed innocents every day but they were here to save them. And Ally had been proud. He was proud, the small little ember of pride was there, but it burned his heart.

Tis now the very witching time of night when hell itself breathes contagion

Dillon0909Date: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:14 PM | Message # 104
Commander
Molly:

I ran past Taylor, and headed to the mall.

I love Spooky Crap :D

DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:15 PM | Message # 105
Steve tentatively approached, and grabbed the red flag, before quickly backing away and sprinting to exit the building. Of course, the flag could always be trapped as well.
Almost flying down the stairs, Steve found himself running out of breath. He tried his best to keep going forward. It sounded like the paintballs had stopped flying, and he hoped he was safe. He kept his gun up and tried to keep his mind on top of the situation.
Mimzy was nowhere to be found.

Walk without rhythm

NarutardDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:20 PM | Message # 106
The Reaper of Threads
As soon as Molly was out of range of Taylor a paintball came flying towards her and hit her in the arm. That would hurt.

Steve would now become aware that red flag means power. Now that he held a government official in his hand, he had power, he had bait. The soldiers had potential of hurting Steve's captive and would not shoot

As for Taylor he kept the same even pace, trying to block out his thoughts.

DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:23 PM | Message # 107
They wouldn't shoot him...He hoped.
He was still tentative as he exited the building, looking all around him as he kept a brisk pace, through the darker alleyways, towards the meeting place they had started, where everyone was obviously going, and where he needed to plant his flag.

Walk without rhythm

Dillon0909Date: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:25 PM | Message # 108
Commander
Molly:

I grited my teeth as I was trying to think. I then got an idea, to grab a piece of rubble and used it to sheild the flag as I started to regain momentum

NarutardDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:35 PM | Message # 109
The Reaper of Threads
Moments before Molly reached safety Ally put a barrel against her chest, stopping her. "Next time, you use your assets. You see someone being protected, you stick close to them. It's not an everyone for themselves game we're playing. Remember that when you're doing the real thing, or this finger would pull the trigger," Ally looked at her gravely and removed the gun, letting her finish the rest of the way.

Taylor came to stop before Ally and dropped the red flag into the pyre beside her. He watched it burn and disappear and she smiled. "Congrats. 1st in your class," she clapped him on the shoulder and pushed his towards the rest of his fellow Munchers. Only 12 of the 25 had returned, which meant there were 8 more flags out there. Gun fire could still be heard throughout the empty city.

Steve was in the home stretch, still no threat to being shot.

Dillon0909Date: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:37 PM | Message # 110
Commander
Molly:

"I was trying" I said panting getting to saftey revealing the green flag. "To protect an innocent life. I thought that came first, doesn't it?"

DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:41 PM | Message # 111
Steve approached the meeting spot. 12 were there, standing by the pyre. The fire burnt bright, lighting the area with an orange hue, even in the early morning.
Steve walked into the crowd, who lightly parted to give him access to the fire. Mimzy was there, sitting beside some people he didn't know. They were busy petting her, but she looked up to see him.
Steve nodded to her.
Mimzy locked eyes with him.
The red flag was flung onto the pyre. Steve kept his eyes on Mimzy for a moment, then turned to watch the flag turn to ash.

Walk without rhythm

NarutardDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:45 PM | Message # 112
The Reaper of Threads
One of the kids who had gotten a red flag turned to her. "Yeah, but the innocent would have been more safe if you stayed near Mr. Big Shot," he said, jerking his thumb in Taylor's direction. "Since he had a hostage and wouldn't have been shot at."

Taylor sat on the stone steps of the mall, watching the remaining munchers dodge and try to return to safety with their flag. After Steve came four more, three with an orange flag, one with a green.

Dillon0909Date: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:50 PM | Message # 113
Commander
Molly:

I simply said "You don't know that" I got up and dusted myself off. "Ms. Ally, what is next?"

DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:53 PM | Message # 114
Steve waited with Mimzy for directions. Mimzy was on her back, letting Steve give her a belly rub.

Walk without rhythm

NarutardDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:55 PM | Message # 115
The Reaper of Threads
The boy rolled his eyes. "Sit down Dummy, there's still others out there. And I just told you exactly what Captain Ally said herself." Ally didn't not acknowledge anything was said to her and kept watching the town.

A girl darted out, clutching a red flag. Her eyes sparked with brilliance and pride as she dropped the last red flag into the pyre. Two flags left, two more openings.

DepressedDuckDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 8:57 PM | Message # 116
Steve watched the girl bring the red flag in, before looking back to the city. Goddamn, it must be tough out there. He was lucky to get his flag when he did.

Walk without rhythm

EquinoxDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 9:01 PM | Message # 117
-Cyrus-
"Looks like it's almost finished now, only a few are still running around."

NarutardDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 9:13 PM | Message # 118
The Reaper of Threads
George nodded, looking at the city. "Two more spots, seven more people. We just have to see who makes it first."

Taylor stood, as several paint shots were heard. Seven people burst into the home stretch, two clutching green flags and followed by five who had desperation in their eyes. They would do anything to get those flags.

EquinoxDate: Mo, 15.September.14, 9:22 PM | Message # 119
"Uh oh, those five might catch them, if they don't keep running. I'm assuming the flag isn't yours until you put it in the fire?"

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 16.September.14, 0:32 AM | Message # 120
Commander
Molly:

I sat next to Taylor and watched.

NarutardDate: Tu, 16.September.14, 0:47 AM | Message # 121
The Reaper of Threads
George shook his head. "Not burn, burning is only for the red flags, which all of those are gone. If they can reach the steps of the mall they're home free, but if not," he shrugged. Down below, one with the flag surged forward but the other fell behind. He seemed short of breath and the others converged on him. Below, Ally watched grimly. The first one made it and she congratulated him quietly but never tore her eyes from the six battling before her.

DepressedDuckDate: Tu, 16.September.14, 0:57 AM | Message # 122
Steve felt sick just watching it. For god's sake, it's just being on the medical team! In all fairness it's probably easier than being on the ACTUAL team!

Walk without rhythm

EquinoxDate: Tu, 16.September.14, 1:36 AM | Message # 123
"Ah."

The hunger of competition, it shows how hungry the other rejects are for a purpose they want, rather than being forced into another position they don't want.

Dillon0909Date: Tu, 16.September.14, 1:40 AM | Message # 124
Commander
Molly:

I had to say something, they were hurting each other over this.

NarutardDate: Tu, 16.September.14, 1:48 AM | Message # 125
The Reaper of Threads
Taylor put his hand on Molly's shoulder. "Don't," he said quietly, the first word he had said since his choice was made. "It is their battle, not yours." And they continued to watch.

One girl, smaller and more nimble than the rest snatched the flag and took off. It was not long before she was panting on the steps. A few people congratulated her but most watched Captain Ally walk out to the remaining five. They looked up at her guiltily but she only smiled. "You all did great out there, showed real gall, you fight for what you want which is exactly what we need. You five will move into recon. rank immediately," she smiled and they all stood, thanking her. Back on the steps, everyone else was floored. They, who didn't complete the mission were getting elevated but they were stuck as munchers?! It was outrage. Everyone was gossiping on the steps. The five were lead away and Ally turned back to them. Taylor watched her solemnly, confused.

George shook his head with a sad sigh. "She does it so well."

Role-Playing Place » <Average Roleplays> » The Future » Conflict of Interest (Whispers of Rebellion have begun)
Search: